• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Diamonds

So in the recent episodes leaked, the Diamonds were able to launch an direct attack on Earth to wipe out the Crystal Gem Resistance on Earth. Yellow, Blue and White Diamond did this (which I assume requires all 3 Diamonds in order to do this) to cause mass corruption of Gems

What would we feat this at? Low 5-B? Since this affected any Gems not protected planet-wide. I will provide a video for this.
Steven Universe - Your Mother and Mine Full Episode (Clip 3 3)
Steven Universe - Your Mother and Mine Full Episode (Clip 3 3)

"recent episodes leaked" It wasn't a leak. And why are we talking about this now anyway? We already knew about it back in Monster Reunion, 1.5 years ago.

The attack is not destructive and, apparently, it only affects gems; so is not quantificable; it only affects the range of the Diamonds, but just with that attack.

It's also questionable how effective it was. Not only it was completely canceled with Rose's Shield, but it did nothing to a completely unprotected Lapis. And I guess Bismuth, although it's unknown where her bubble was during the attack.

Welp, according to Garnet, Rose's shield protected them, that is more a pro for the shield than a con for the attack; its possible that the attack doesn't have effect when the gems have their body shut down, or Lapis was just in a place outside the range of the attack; and Bismuth was in Rose's bubble at that time, she wasn't going to be affected.

Antoniofer said:
its possible that the attack doesn't have effect when the gems have their body shut down,

or Lapis was just in a place outside the range of the attack
That's very improbable. That would imply that at the time of the attack there were no poofed Gems, even tho it was during a planetary evacuation. I don't believe that nobody got poofed by an accident or fighting Crystal Gems at that time.

Also very improbable. Attack got everyone on the planet and Lapis wasn't even that far, she could literally see the attack.

I'll also add, her being in the mirror doesn't seem to be the reason, either. The gem powering the Pyramid Temple was confirmed to be corrupted, and it's the closest thing we have to Lapis's condition.

Nothing has been comfirmed yet, any other thing that we say is or could be speculation, thats why I do not suggest to create profile of characters that has no fought nor show how their powers work.

Would the luminosity of it be calculable? I'm not sure, but if it was, I'd be iffy on finding a way to scale the flash, perspective sees weird and all.

Darkanine said:
Would the luminosity of it be calculable? I'm not sure, but if it was, I'd be iffy on finding a way to scale the flash, perspective sees weird and all.
Probably not. Besides, calculating sizes of things in SU really won't get you anywhere. Also, we don't know if luminosity really matters here.

Again, Independence Day Harvester did a Planet Wide EMP as it's reasoning for 5-B. But in the case of the Diamonds Low-5B since it's Earth?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Pretty sure this doesn't provide any sort of AP upgrade, but it does mean the Diamonds have planetary range, it seems.
Only against Gems tho.

Size scaling is only really trouble with characters. The beam would be scaled to a planet, which has a definable size.

I'm not sure how luminosity really works outside the formula so I'm just not sure if it's applicable here or not.

Although its nice to point out that Rose's shield works as a barrier against light-based hax that were previously though to work against her transparent shield

WeeklyBattles said:
Will they ever give SU actual hax that arent Gem exclusive in who they work against?
You'd think a race that conquered galaxies and stuff would have stuff that would work on organic races too..

Darkanine said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Will they ever give SU actual hax that arent Gem exclusive in who they work against?
You'd think a race that conquered galaxies and stuff would have stuff that would work on organic races too..
Nah. Think about it this way: why would Gems have innate abilities agaisnt completely different type of life altogether? Humans didn't evolve anti-gem poison, so why Gems would have something against organics? Why they didn't make a weapon against organics is easy too: they don't need to. They have plenty of regular weapons that do the job.

WeeklyBattles said:
...Huh? How is it non canon exactly?
Almost the entirety of Season 1A was made before the Crew had any idea what they were doing. Most of the things there don't make any sense with current plot and were never mentioned again. Is it technically canon? Yes. Is it really canon? Nah.

I wish they had at least explained that the time thing was really hard to produce, or that it used some material that homeworld can't access anymore, or maybe there was a side effect that made it too dangerous to use, or something like that. Just dropping a game breaker like that and never mentioning it anymore just makes the Diamonds look like a bunch of idiots who didn't realise that time travel is OP.

Back