• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The definition of "Omniverse"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now bear in mind that this is a controversial term and you should take anything that I am going to say with a grain of salt.

How would I define "Omniverse"? The term "Omniverse" is not in the dictionary (as of during the publication of this thread) however, the way I define it is to split it up into prefixes and suffixes, just like how the YouTuber, Chubbyemu, explains a lot of the medical terms he uses for videos that centre around medical issues. So now that is out of the way, let me split "Omniverse" into one prefix and one suffix. The prefix, "Omni-", means (according to dictionary.com) a combining form meaning "all," used in the formation of compound words (e.g. omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, etc.). Now, the suffix, "-verse" does not have a definition in dictionary.com, so I shall use the context of this topic to define the aforementioned suffix, which means universes. In a nutshell, we can use these definitions to define the term "Omniverse" which means all of the universes. However, because of the context of the topic, it means all of the verses or all of fiction.

EDIT; I have edited a chunk of this message because of my realisation of the context and how it applied to my definition.

Well, the original definition is supposed to be "all of fiction and reality combined", which is not something that we can use.

Based on its original definition its nonsensical, no-one can write anything that's omnipotent over our reality.

And greater than tier 0 is nonsensical, tier 0 is all questionable omnipotents regardless of their hierarchy.

Agnaa is correct about the omniverse definition.

I suppose, but again, the term doesn't make any sense, as it basically states that whoever uses it owns or writes all of fiction and reality, which is complete nonsense.

It isn't accepted here and doesn't make any logical sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back