• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Courier (Fallout: New Vegas) Page

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
I would like it if I could make edits without constantly having editing conflicts interfering. Is this a request I can make?

Edit: More specifically, I find that it is both oddly formatted/has spelling and grammar errors, and as someone with fairly decent knowledge of the game many of the stats there seem to be rather questionable.

well it is a rpg so it is hard to have any very specific stats. and what happends with the spelling errors is that I were editing and then I pressed some wrong buttons and had do to do it over and over again and it got messed up sorry

ThePerpetual said:
I would like it if I could make edits without constantly having editing conflicts interfering. Is this a request I can make?
Edit: More specifically, I find that it is both oddly formatted/has spelling and grammar errors, and as someone with fairly decent knowledge of the game many of the stats there seem to be rather questionable.
and thanks for the Help wiht the page

It's fine. I would prefer it if people would wrap up ay edits they had to make and then notify me here, so that I can go through and check everything. No offense meant to you, but I'm not really sure that all of the stats there match up with this wiki's standards in terms of motivation and such, that's what I intend to look into. If you would like to discuss it with me, you can do so here.

Alright, so question 1: How is tanking a Fat Man explosion a Large Town level feat? In addition, is it even possible to tank an explosion like that? Also, is it contradicted by anything in-canon?

I tried it on myself in the game (playing it right now) and I used a type of ammo called tiny tots (a mirv mini nuke that fires 12 mini nukes) and I fired it straigth in to the ground on normal mode and I had to wear the best power armor in the game to survive but I survived , and I tested the fatman explosion around the biggest places in game and the explosion is pretty big, so I would say that 2-4 mini nukes is the same as a town level and since I survived 12 that is even more than a town level so I would concider it large town level

Problem with that is the assumption that mini-nukes = normal nukes, when really they don't have anything near the same impact. Even 12 of them stacked onto each other is probably looking at City Block at best. At any rate, given that I've never seen anyone, including myself, survive even one direct hit from a mini-nuke, can you perhaps link me to a clip of this occurring? Capture gameplay footage? Anything at all? Not necessarily required, for now, this just sounds a tad suspicious to me...

I can actually just calculate all of that stuff using the game mechanics. The problem is, I am unsure if something like that would be accepted.

BTW in new vegas, there is little difference between the player's character's ability to survive with and without power armor on, especially at the end game. This is because power armor in New Vegas provides DT (Damage Threshold), which is a mere subtraction of the damage taken from a hit. Since the DT of power armor is like 60-ish and a bunch of mini-nukes should easily be 1000+ damage, you can see why this doesn't flow. Power armor is way more useful for tanking bullets.

However, in New Vegas, DR also exists in the form of drugs. A combination of three drugs can raise DR up to 85%, which means that the total damage taken by an 1000 damage attack is 150 damage. So yea, drugs are way more broken than any type of armor in terms of tanking very powerful hits.

Mini nukes can easily be modeled as explosions by the explosion calculator. I can then use the game damage of a mini nuke to scale everything. So yea, if everyone is OK with that, I could do that.

I focused my character mainly on endurence so I got every singel perk for resistance, health, maximum level and implant, and I ended up with 3 health left so i was barly alive and since I don't really know if the video I would link has those perks, so I guess I can't directly show evidence rigth now, but in terms of survival I did survive but in a battle to death the courier would survive but probably can't move at all and would end up unconsious with deadly injuries.

Alright, well I did a ballpark calc and it seems like it's actually Small Building without the chems and Building with them.

Gimme some time to get some scaling done.

Of course, he would barely survive both of those. So that's the upper limit. I might also be able to use the fact that lasers disintegrate in fallout new vegas to my advantage. But right now, I need to do some work before I can do that.

If I have interfered with anyone's edit, I apologize. I was just correcting the grammar and various formats since the page did not meet the wiki's standards.

...mmmmmmmm.

Well, better do all that over again...

Edit: I'd thought this meant that you had just made a new edit after my request. Nevermind, and sorry for the confusion.

At any rate, I'm fairly certain the guy's got more impressive feats than that... I'll go look around.

Mm? I also just did a laser estimation and a laser with a 50 damage output w/ a critical hit can vaporize a regular human being (Doc Mitchell). The energy required for that is nearly building level by itself and a max no-chem Courier can take 17.7 of those hits. Hence, with vaporization considered, he is comfortably large building level.

With chems, that would be...city block.

Also, can one explain to me these nuclear missiles he gets at the end of Lonesome Road? Does he get the Fallout equivalent of the world's entire nuclear arsenal or something? I've not beaten it, myself.

well if you listen to the conversation between the courier and ulyssys the courier will say "you can't wipe out the ncr even with all the nuclear missles here" and if you persaude ulyssys to stopp and cancel the launch , you would keep all the nuclear weapon stored in the building they wouldn't disappear, so i am pretty sure the courier if he wants can launch those at time he wishes, I mean if he can cancel the launch, he can reinitate them to where he want's rigth?

Yes, he can possibly get a compound of nuclear missiles at the end of Lonesome Road. However, those probably don't belong anywhere near AP.

It's not the world's nuclear arsenal - it is a compound of missiles, some of which were capable of destroying a good portion of the grand canyon

Alakabamm said:
Mm? I also just did a laser estimation and a laser with a 50 damage output w/ a critical hit can vaporize a regular human being (Doc Mitchell). The energy required for that is nearly building level by itself and a max no-chem Courier can take 17.7 of those hits. Hence, with vaporization considered, he is comfortably large building level.
Not sure if that relates to what you did here, but consider that attack potency/durability doesn't stack. Tanking 17 nearly building level attacks still is just a nearly building level feat.

Also mind that in-game stat multipliers usually aren't accepted, except they are well established in the lore.

That is all I wanted to remind everyone of *flies away*

So, they don't belong to the Courier specifically? Or, if they do, we can't quantify them?

the base is also filled with robots so if he wanted he could probably send out scavenging robots and create new ones

DontTalk said:
Alakabamm said:
Not sure if that relates to what you did here, but consider that attack potency/durability doesn't stack. Tanking 17 nearly building level attacks still is just a nearly building level feat.
Also mind that in-game stat multipliers usually aren't accepted, except they are well established in the lore.

That is all I wanted to remind everyone of *flies away*
Well, the chems were militarily developed to be that way so at least the boost given by chems should be legit. As for the HP thing, I suppose we don't have to consider that.

That means Courier should be building level w/o chems and large building level with chems.

Probably not, since the explosion it produces is similar to a mini nukes in radius. The attack itself, however, moves at lightspeed so you can note that, even though it requires a charge up time.

You can't really scale the Courier from that feat because there isn't anyone that reacts to that laser at all in game.

Another thing you can add is something about plasma weapons, the in-game effect of which is to turn enemies into a puddle of green goo upon a critical hit kill. This is actually molecular destablization and should be considered as durability negating to an extent.

Perhaps not as a reaction feat, but if I recall correctly gigantic lasers tend to get very large yields in regards to the power they produce. Is there anyone around who has experience calcing things like that? I thought I saw a laser calc running about the wiki somewhere...

Oh yeah, if we treat it like that we could get a decent yield. Let me take a look at some to see how it's done.

Also, it is a strange weapon because it produces a laser AND an explosion.

I suppose another question to ask is "Can anyone The Courier is able to stand up to tank this thing?" That would determine whether or not it can scale to durability.

The Courier can tank it very easily. It's like 1/6 the power of a mini nuke. Even an early game Courier that is naked can tank this.

Back