• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Organizing The Site Rules, Part 2 - Editing Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinePoint

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Continuing from here.

Hello, friends. I have completed my first draft of the revised structure for our Editing Rules.
The original page suffers greatly from being a very long list with no headings and in no particular order. I fixed that.

This is the revised draft.

Note: Per Ant's request, I did not make content changes. I merely reorganized them, and made slight changes to grammar if needed for the different order. It was lot of copy-pasting, so it's possible there's an error somewhere.
Please let me know if you have any complaints, suggestions, corrections, etc. If you want to edit the sandbox directly, you may.

Thank you for the evaluation help.

Would somebody here be willing to spend the time to perform a bit more thorough analysis than I had the time to do above? Given that this is a very important change, I would definitely appreciate it.

At first glance the expanded rules page looks greatly organized and sufficiently detailed, but I can spend a bit more time going over it tomorrow.

At first glance the expanded rules page looks greatly organized and sufficiently detailed, but I can spend a bit more time going over it tomorrow.
That would be appreciated by me as well.
I did not do a thorough enough check for errors.

Thank you very much to everybody who are helping out here.

Thank you very much to everybody who are helping out here.
Well, despite any possible errors, it seems people support this as well.
Should I begin work on the next page ahead of time?
If so, could you please link it to me again?

You can create several personal wiki sandboxes for yourself, yes. Just name them Sandbox1, Sandbox2, Sandbox3, etc., or somesuch.

Last edited:
Okay. No problem. Thank you for helping out.

I am finally starting to feel better from COVID.
I believe that still, nobody has thoroughly checked my draft for accuracy.

Could someone please do so?

The current name of #5 is too similar to the name of #4, maybe the name of #5 in the draft should be renamed to Referencing Statistics instead of Justifying Statistics? As most of the points under it pertain to the application of link/citation of sources? So that there is a clearer distinction between the two.

Last edited:
I saw this thread earlier and I forgot to reply. Thank you for notifying me, Ant.

I like the draft a lot, it's definitely better than what we currently have.

No problem. Thanks a lot for helping out. 🙏 🙂

The current name of #5 is too similar to the name of #4, maybe the name of #5 in the draft should be renamed to Referencing Statistics instead of Justifying Statistics? As most of the points under it pertain to the application of link/citation of sources? So that there is a clearer distinction between the two.
Thank you for the feedback.
While explaining and justifying are technically different, I see your point.

I have changed it to Referencing.
Would "proving" be even more apt, though, considering not everything is about linking?

Thank you for the feedback.
While explaining and justifying are technically different, I see your point.

I have changed it to Referencing.
Would "proving" be even more apt, though, considering not everything is about linking?
I think that works for me. Though, more input from other staff is probably needed. I'll try reading the draft again later.

Thank you. 🙏 🙂

I would appreciate input from our other staff members here regarding if the contents of your draft page are fine to apply to our editing rules page now.

Was about to point something but at the end it was just my misread, anyway new draft looks alright.

Thank you for the evaluations. 🙏

I will apply it then.

If other staff members have any objections afterwards, please mention them here.

Hmm.

@FinePoint

Would you be willing to make the following updates to your draft page first please, given that you began to write it on October 11 2022?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Editing_Rules?type=revision&diff=7771110&oldid=7721129
I believe I have applied all the changes, but I'd appreciate someone to double-check my work.
@Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @Just_a_Random_Butler @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Dereck03

Would any of you be willing to help out with this please?

Well, the issue is if FinePoint properly included all of the updated editing rules that were applied after October 11 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back