• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf, Nasuverse had a similar problem with this regarding " " representing absolute infinity in set theory but was never accepted because it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the verse bla bla. It makes no sense but it is what it is.
Genuinely have no clue about Nasuverse, since I haven't played the VN or watched the anime, but would it even be the same case in this instance? Cardinality is mentioned in-verse.

Uhh… I guess I’m mostly neutral with the upgrade after reading some arguments above. Though I’m not really sure how credible enough is the WOG regarding this stuff to use as the evidence.
Wog scans can be used as long as they do not contradict the content of the novel, and as seen in the op, wog and novel completely merge and have the same meaning.

I think pretty credible, considering he's confirming things that have been written from the start.
IMG_8387.png

IMG_8381.png

Tbf, Nasuverse had a similar problem with this regarding " " representing absolute infinity in set theory but was never accepted because it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the verse bla bla. It makes no sense but it is what it is.
It is not the same event as in Nasu because here the issue is related to what the translation of the other sentence is according to a sentence. If there is a context starting with the set theory, if what is said in the continuation is drawn to 2 things, it would be the right thing to take the set theory. In Nasu, absolute infinite passes, which is not even in set theory, are separate things and actually distracts the subject.

Yeah, and quotes of him also not knowing about set theory are in the OP. This doesn't change the fact that he wrote about cardinality and that it was his intent. Also "I will leave it to the mathematicians" ayyy I guess we can use it. Nice.
I'm not gonna contribute to anything to this thread, nor will vote to disagree as I don't even want to be associated to this whole charade

all I know is that y'all giving the author too much credits and he's probably tired at that point because he's still getting question TO THIS DAY

shame on you and shame on y'all

I'm not gonna contribute to anything to this thread, nor will vote to disagree as I don't even want to be associated to this whole charade
Fair enough.
all I know is that y'all giving the author too much credits and he's probably tired at that point because he's still getting question TO THIS DAY
Yeah, though I'm not the one who asked about it, I'm just not letting things asked and answered go to waste.
Shame on the people who asked even more blatant powerscaling questions tbh. Don't see what's wrong with using things already answered though.

Isn't there literally a rule to not use twitter statements with a question that had battleboarding in mind or to not pester authors on twitter about that. This is a pretty clear example and the twitter statements also shouldn't be used.

Bros intent was something he didn't know cook🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
What is written in the novel is not an incorrect definition of set theory, and even if we only take into account what is written in the novel, this will make 1A+, no matter how well he knows set theory or not, if the man talks about the infinity of cardinals extending to infinity, the novel is over. If you ask an author who writes that the universe can be destroyed how much energy it takes to destroy the universe, he will probably say he doesn't know. But we still take that statement as 3A. It is important what he wants to do and what he writes, not how much he knows. What he writes in the novel leads us to a 1A+ structure, and the rest of his set theory, which is confirmed to be set theory, does not bind me or you.

Isn't there literally a rule to not use twitter statements with a question that had battleboarding in mind or to not pester authors on twitter about that. This is a pretty clear example and the twitter statements also shouldn't be used.
Not really, since IIRC most of the questions are from someone who just wanted to know more about the verse - not battleboarding related.

B-b-bu-t 2D upgrades make me horny...

The author's words are not what gives the rating, it is the context in the novel that gives the rating, and the author's words are used to have an idea of where to hit the translation of the context in question. Even without the author's words, what is already written in the novel already gives us this rating.

Maybe maybe maybe it can get High 1-A and above, reading both sides and I can see the point that both side are trying to make but ay, I still prefer to be neutral.

I would love to see DontTalk opinions on this.
Aight' will count you as neutral.

The author's words are not what gives the rating, it is the context in the novel that gives the rating, and the author's words are used to have an idea of where to hit the translation of the context in question. Even without the author's words, what is already written in the novel already gives us this rating.
I don’t agree with that tbh. The novel doesn’t give us enough to make such a big conclusion and the author’s words are pointless considering he’s completely clueless on the matter.

I disagree for reasons provided by Shuradou

Not really, since IIRC most of the questions are from someone who just wanted to know more about the verse - not battleboarding related.
I don't see why Twitter statements should even be used regardless of that. The author can just write something in that specific time with a certain intent whose to say when you ask him a question in another time frame he just provides you with an arbitrary intent that's distinct from his initial intent?

I don't see why Twitter statements should even be used regardless of that. The author can just write something in that specific time with a certain intent whose to say when you ask him a question in another time frame he just provides you with an arbitrary intent that's distinct from his initial intent?
Except literally everything he said about cardinality that is in the sandbox is also backed up by the in-verse statements. This isn't a one or even a two time thing.

I don’t agree with that tbh. The novel doesn’t give us enough to make such a big conclusion and the author’s words are pointless considering he’s completely clueless on the matter.

I disagree for reasons provided by Shuradou
It literally does give evidence. We even specifically got 2 translators to confirm that the novel mentions cardinality.

What is written in the novel is not an incorrect definition of set theory, and even if we only take into account what is written in the novel, this will make 1A+, no matter how well he knows set theory or not, if the man talks about the infinity of cardinals extending to infinity, the novel is over. If you ask an author who writes that the universe can be destroyed how much energy it takes to destroy the universe, he will probably say he doesn't know. But we still take that statement as 3A. It is important what he wants to do and what he writes, not how much he knows. What he writes in the novel leads us to a 1A+ structure, and the rest of his set theory, which is confirmed to be set theory, does not bind me or you.
Not me being confused with where the word cardinal comes from. 💯

You literally infer it leading to a 1-A+ structure using notions of set theory which were never referenced, as how you argue them to be Inverse. The only way to justify this is to show how it does without presupposing cardinals or set theory exists which is what you're doing.

Whether or not is an incorrect definition of set theory is practically irrelevant (shit I mean it actually is marvel uses Walmart version of set theory some incoherent nonsense but it's still a high tier via that here)

Except literally everything he said about cardinality that is in the sandbox is also backed up by the in-verse statements. This isn't a one or even a two time thing.
Ugh uhm I'm pretty sure no? What was written was written if it was actually backed up by the in-verse statements I'm sure yall can get this upgrade accepted without the authors statements from Twitter right?

Not me being confused with where the word cardinal comes from. 💯

You literally infer it leading to a 1-A+ structure using notions of set theory which were never referenced, as how you argue them to be Inverse. The only way to justify this is to show how it does without presupposing cardinals or set theory exists which is what you're doing.

Whether or not is an incorrect definition of set theory is practically irrelevant (shit I mean it actually is marvel uses Walmart version of set theory some incoherent nonsense but it's still a high tier via that here)
"Not infinity in a sequence of numbers but infinity of infinite cardinals". To say that this sentence does not really make 1A+ or is not related to set theory?

"Not infinity in a sequence of numbers but infinity of infinite cardinals". To say that this sentence does not really make 1A+ or is not related to set theory?
And thus, they can contemplate infinity. I don’t mean infinity in the numerical sense — they can contemplate infinitely dense infinities.

No infinite cardinals, that's inferred from author statements. Which is what's in question, I said using Twitter statements like that is unreliable because the author can switch his intent in different time frames arbitrarily.

It's bad enough yall try to infer set theory terms being equivocal to what he was intending to say even tho he says he didn't know what set theory was.

Then says he meant to use it in a set theoric sense.

No.

Ugh uhm I'm pretty sure no? What was written was written if it was actually backed up by the in-verse statements I'm sure yall can get this upgrade accepted without the authors statements from Twitter right?
Yeah actually A little support that the author's words are just set theory

And thus, they can contemplate infinity. I don’t mean infinity in the numerical sense — they can contemplate infinitely dense infinities.

No infinite cardinals, that's inferred from author statements. Which is what's in question, I said using Twitter statements like that is unreliable because the author can switch his intent in different time frames arbitrarily.

It's bad enough yall try to infer set theory terms being equivocal to what he was intending to say even tho he says he didn't know what set theory was.

Then says he meant to use it in a set theoric sense.

No.
Already confirmed two who know japanese translate so ...

Literally the translation of the sentence that means cardinality. I dunno how more blatant I could be about the translations of the LN scans?
Ah yes the passage of the story that mentions some infinity buzzwords and then immediately starts talking about time travel fuckery as if it's directly a conclusion derived from the former. I too remember the part of set theory which linked cardinals with time travel and last thursdayism.

Yeah actually A little support that the author's words are just set theory
No its not, the author says he meant to use it in a set theoric manner even tho that same author said that he was oblivious to what set theory is and how it worked? This is the prime example of the author arbitrarily changing his intent in what he writes arbitrarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back