• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Commoner's Thread: The Death of SCP

To be clear, DT was asked about this beforehand and he affirmed a belief he's stated in the past. I'd rather wait for DT himself to say it on the thread but I will confirm that the conversation occurred. Also Ant doesn't do Discord, really
Fair.

I don't doubt what DT would say, but this is a HUGE matter so I personally felt that it was best.
I also love SCP, at least in concept. I haven't really enjoyed any of them for a long time, and now it's so far ahead that slogging through the muck to find one diamond doesn't seem worth it. The last one I remember loving was SCP-3000 (I even wrote a page draft for it, just not on this wiki), and everything immediately after that just didn't really do anything for me. I look forward to making my next Rimworld run SCP-inspired, even. Just... shouldn't be here.
I also love the concept, especially since I'm a big fan of horror stuff.

But the battleboarding went, well, way overboard.

Like, they turned SCP 682 from a standard immortal human-hating lizard monster into...whatever his tier 0 form is.

What is his abstract form? I am genuinely curious.
Iirc the tier 0 form is from 682 as the Constant of Termination, a rule that governs the entire narrative structure and supercedes things like the multiverse or noosphere. I haven't kept up with 6820 much though, so take this with a grain of salt.

I'm so sorry to hear this news, guys. I know how it feels to have your hours or days of work on a verse deleted in an instant.
It's been agreed upon that if this passes, the whole SCP part on here will be transferred elsewhere. And that's on the offchance it does indeed get voted to get deleted, so nothing will get wasted either way.

It's been agreed upon that if this passes, the whole SCP part on here will be transferred elsewhere. And that's on the offchance it does indeed get voted to get deleted, so nothing will get wasted actually.
Like I said we stick with Canine's idea for the wiki (Include Rpc and Backrooms on the wiki if we make it)

and now it's so far ahead that slogging through the muck to find one diamond doesn't seem worth it.
image.png

It's been agreed upon that if this passes, the whole SCP part on here will be transferred elsewhere. And that's on the offchance it does indeed get voted to get deleted, so nothing will get wasted either way.
Those are good news. When my pages are going to be deleted, I always try to copy-paste the code into blogs. It is hard work, but it is worth the effort.

Welp, you guys should be happy after all SCP lost it's way when the authors started deliberately adding vs battles lingo to inflate the verse.

The good old days when it actually was paranormal horror. If only they kept it that way...

We should celebrate tbh
Ok that's a part I agree with (the vs battle part)
But like predator said people spent hours even days researching just for a profile to get deleted along with the rest of the verse

Ok that's a part I agree with (the vs battle part)
But like predator said people spent hours even days researching just for a profile to get deleted along with the rest of the verse
I mean, yeah I can acknowledge it is a lot of work down the drain but come on, they should have realized this could happen at any time given the nature of the verse they were researching.

I will say this: SCP's problem has always and will always lay in it's public format-- much as I do genuinely like some of the stories in it
see this abomination I call a profile

But at the same time being 3 steps from outright Public Domain that everyone can add to if they format it well enough will eventually lead to people going for big tier because that is "based"... and that's the problem. There have been too many of those people and some are quite well-hidden, While nuking Extended Canon alone sounds like a good idea, that's just going to result in a billion low-quality CRTs including "Why no this thing on profile???" In worse English then I just used.

In short: it's not worth the headache of keeping around at all, restricting it to Article Canon or not.

I have Vietnam flashbacks of that thing when I used it in a vs thread (it was my fault making that thread tbh)

I will say this: SCP's problem has always and will always lay in it's public format-- much as I do genuinely like some of the stories in it
see this abomination I call a profile

But at the same time being 3 steps from outright Public Domain that everyone can add to if they format it well enough will eventually lead to people going for big tier because that is "based"... and that's the problem. There have been too many of those people and some are quite well-hidden, While nuking Extended Canon alone sounds like a good idea, that's just going to result in a billion low-quality CRTs including "Why no this thing on profile???" In worse English then I just used.

In short: it's not worth the headache of keeping around at all, restricting it to Article Canon or not.
Stuff like the Kaktusverse does make it so purely Article Canon is impossible.

I have Vietnam flashbacks of that thing when I used it in a vs thread (it was my fault making that thread tbh)
I mean ya used the thing who's explicit tactic is to stalk people from a lightyear away before bumrushing them and tearing them apart piece by piece, the **** did you expect to happen lol
Stuff like the Kaktusverse does make it so purely Article Canon is impossible.
Yeah yeah don't remind me...

I mean you could just use the original stories and whatnot--

I think extended canon stuff is pretty much battleboarding in essence, like some ridiculous canons that put the foundation at Tier 1-0, even though both story and inuniverse this makes no sense since they could have negged or contained pretty much anything with those resources. Same with this whole Noosphere stuff, it's essentially just Suggsverse

I think extended canon stuff is pretty much battleboarding in essence, like some ridiculous canons that put the foundation at Tier 1-0, even though both story and inuniverse this makes no sense since they could have negged or contained pretty much anything with those resources. Same with this whole Noosphere stuff, it's essentially just Suggsverse
Ya see, those bits I don't really care about, because you have officially mentioned a tier. My specific problem is people are going for specific tiers for the sake of specific tiers, a story should not rely on X Character being some tier or another. It should rely on it's storytelling, no matter how it chooses to format that.

The Ethereal Skeleton is the result of SCP-6969-J, the lack of sexual desire and the ability for sex accidentally caused by the Foundation in an attempt to get rid of SCP-6969.

The Ethereal Skeleton itself is the essophysical embodiment of the concept of sex,
Mind Manipulation (Exists as the embodiment of sex and can change humanity's behavior to erase sexual desires)
Attack Potency: High Outerverse level as an idea (Exists in the Noosphere as the embodiment of the concept of sex)
Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• EL SEXOOOOO: The Ethereal Skeleton's first move upon being resurrected. Its left eye lights up blue, before releasing a gigantic shockwave. This shockwave destroys the surface of Europe and likely the entire Earth. This shockwave doesn't destroy humans, instead transforming them into grape sodas.

Last edited:
That's one that deserves deletion and no return neither here, jbw, fcoc, or the new wiki

>Wiki wants to delete SCP
>I show them this SCP
>Wiki cancels the deletion
>Ez

Seriously, tell me you knew this verse existed before I told you it did lol

Seriously, tell me you knew this verse existed before I told you it did lol
I watched a video on it before you shown this.

Back