• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

It would be real to us from a dimensional perspective, but to these presumed characters of a higher state of being, it would relegate the structure of dimensional space to the ranks of fiction. I don't think there is a paradox, simply a scenario where all values of dimensions are made irrelevant. The tiering comes from the observers being powerful enough to treat something that under real world principles should be a scale in the way that we with the same real world scale treat actual fiction.

Having said that, I can already see a tidal wave of revisions trying to upgrade or downgrade things after this thread. Mercy on the staff's souls.
True but thats requiring we assume the lower level is akin to us rather than the higher level.

I dont think so. But i would like to make immeasurable speed thread for discussing repetitive question/observation or clarification.
wait a sec, this still not finished ??
I would greatly appreciate it if you stopped trying to make staff discussions at the moment. There's literally hundreds of threads in the backlog, and I only managed to start earnestly making a dent in them this week and wouldn't want you to add more to the pile.

I would greatly appreciate it if you stopped trying to make staff discussions at the moment. There's literally hundreds of threads in the backlog, and I only managed to start earnestly making a dent in them this week and wouldn't want you to add more to the pile.
Actually i want to make immeasurable speed thread on general discussion for chit-chat and other repetitive stuff. Not on staff discussion Unless i misunderstand your comment.

Last edited:
If every verse that is currently Low 1-C to High 1-B is getting upgraded to 1-A, then we’re pretty much losing a lot of match potential considering the ban on 1-A matches for their varying layers.

Though, I’m not knowledgeable on tier 1 sooo…

If every verse that is currently Low 1-C to High 1-B is getting upgraded to 1-A, then we’re pretty much losing a lot of match potential considering the ban on 1-A matches for their varying layers.

Geez, from my experience with megaten matches it only takes one layer above baseline 1-A to make a match fly south into stomp territory. And guessing a verse's layers is like paying taxes, your just expected to just know off the profile alone.

The ban on 1-A and 0 matches was removed long ago.

The worst part about this not being accepted is that Ultima had thoroughly discredited the current system, working within a broken system doesn’t sit right with me.

So I hope some changes come as a result of this

TBH I wouldn't mind if we just removed tiering by R>F altogether and just applied Reality Equalization regardless of cosmological position, but that also comes with issues regardless.
TBH I wouldn't mind if we just removed tiering by R>F altogether and just applied Reality Equalization regardless of cosmological position, but that also comes with issues regardless.
I consider that a bit too radical for this revision. I'll look towards handling this with the other staff later.

Back