• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Chris Jericho Spam Will Never... Eeeeeeeverrr Stop! (Chris Jericho vs Baki Hanma)

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Thought this would be a nice battle.

Chris Jericho vs Baki Hanma

AEW Chris Jericho will be used.

13-year-old Baki Hanma will be used.

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place at the Royal Rumble 2020 arena.

wwe-royal-rumble-2020_l72gy4xmgsv9156ydz25idih6.jpg

The Man of 1004 Holds:

World's Strongest Boy:

Inconclusive:

chris-jericho-selfie.gif
EarnestShallowIndianringneckparakeet-size_restricted.gif

Well, the magic stuff of Jericho would that least take Baki off guard

He is the kind of guy who would reveal his powers to the opponent before using it?

Well, the magic stuff of Jericho would that least take Baki off guard

He is the kind of guy who would reveal his powers to the opponent before using it?
Nah. Jericho's magic powers make him very unpredictable (though Baki probably has the perfect answer to that).

Jericho is able to summon weapons out of nowhere with his magic, as well as creating fireballs to burn his opponents face.

He's also able use his Poison Mist to blind Baki.

Jericho is able to summon weapons out of nowhere with his magic, as well as creating fireballs to burn his opponents face.

He's also able use his Poison Mist to blind Baki.
This would give Jericho enough time to hit Judas Effect for Knock out or Code Breaker both are his finishers to land the finishing blow.

I believe so (all I know is that he's 1.24 MJ).
Alright so I will give my argument for Baki:

Baki actually scales above 1.24 MJ for post-Gaia key so he actually have AP advantage here. LS is probably the same so I will leave that one out.

Baki can predict and analyze Chris's movement while the same can't be said for the latter because Gaia, who can read his opponents' heart and attack, are unable to anticipate Baki movement due to Instinctive Reaction. Baki has extremely high pain tolerance and have literally "bring himself back from death" before so Chris won't taking him down easily.

It's seem like Chris can summon weapons, shoot fireball, spit green mist but it won't surprise Baki. Gaia who is a tactical genius and can utilized the enviroment as his weapon like using water bullets, tree vines but none of these were enough to defeat Baki.

I'm not voting yet, just giving some argument for Baki so this won't end up a FRA train.

Baki actually scales above 1.24 MJ for post-Gaia key so he actually have AP advantage here
They seem more so even in terms of AP if anything. At best, Baki has a very slight AP advantage here.

LS is probably the same so I will leave that one out.
Do you mean that they're roughly even in terms of LS, or that Baki is superior?

Baki can predict and analyze Chris's movement while the same can't be said for the latter because Gaia, who can read his opponents' heart and attack, are unable to anticipate Baki movement due to Instinctive Reaction. Baki has extremely high pain tolerance and have literally "bring himself back from death" before so Chris won't taking him down easily.
Jericho has his own Instinctive Reactions, as he can automatically counter moves into finishers, and example being when he was stunned by Rey Mysterio's finishing move (619), and then he automatically reacted to Rey's aerial move by hitting him with the Codebreaker. Fandango also stunned Jericho, and he ended up getting countered into the Codebreaker. Jericho got hit by Jeff Hardy's Twist of Fate, and then he ended up avoiding Jeff's Swanton Bomb, which even let the commentators shocked, wondering how Jericho avoided the Swanton after getting hit by the Twist of Fate. Besides, Jericho has fought and defeated people with Analytical Prediction (Kenny Omega), so this shouldn't be an issue unless Baki's Analytical Prediction is Daredevil levels of broken (which I highly doubt). Jericho also has High levels of Pain Tolerance as well, being able to suffer severe amounts of blood loss and still continue fighting.

It's seem like Chris can summon weapons, shoot fireball, spit green mist but it won't surprise Baki. Gaia who is a tactical genius and can utilized the enviroment as his weapon like using water bullets, tree vines but none of these were enough to defeat Baki.
This is fair, but there's multiple weapons Jericho can find under the ring to use here (Ladders, Chairs, Tables, Kendo Sticks, etc.).

My main question here is who has the skill advantage between these two?

Uhhh, personally I see this as skill stomp via baki, but if not, voting baki via much better knowledge in overall combat, pressure points and much stronger willpower

I'm kinda confused now... Is 13 years old the oldest baki in terms of manga/chronical order? 🤔 I thought the one I'm reading currently is 🤔 😤

Chris Jericho has been wrestling since 1990 (32 years), and hasn't stopped since. He has wrestled 2478 matches throughout those years. He has faced a variety of opponents like luchadores, mythical/supernatural beings, giants, and many, many more. He is able to fight on par with the likes of John Cena, the latter being able to fight and even defeat Kurt Angle on two different occasions. Kurt Angle is this skilled, and was named the greatest shoot wrestler ever.

Chris Jericho has defeated Kenny Omega.
  1. Omega can fight against Karate Tournament winner and MMA fighter Kota Ibushi who is top of the food chain as he is the World Champion in NJPW as well as Predict and doge his MMA Strikes (video 1)
    as well as match him in combat for over 35 minutes (Kota is also his trainer) and can dodge MMA strikes from Martial Artist the superstar Kushida who fans may know from WWE (Video 2).

2. Thanks to his trainer Kota he has extensive training in martial arts and uses Open-hand strikes to harm the enemies between the neck and shoulder blades as well as Knee knockout strikes with V-Trigger move.

3. Omega’s V-Trigger can knock out MMA, Kickboxing and King of Pancrase hybrid martial art champion legends such as Minoru Suzuki
    (who by the way defeated the legend Ken Shamrok) and katsuyori shibata who can TKO people in 9 seconds yet fell victims to Omega’s V-Trigger strikes in the fight (Video 1 and Video 2).
    Shibata is a NJPW legend, MMA fighter and Professional kick-boxer who can cause Skull splitting injuries in real life and capable of killing people with his headbutts.
Jericho has defeated wrestlers with Speed blitz, Combat predict and Acclereated development such as Rey Mysterio and Kenny Omega in combat.
  1. As far as Stamina goes,
    Fought 1 hour while constantly taking K.O hits from MMA strikers like Omega did to Jericho.
  2. Jericho lasted 60:13 in the 2017 Royal Rumble (Hour and 13 seconds).
  3. The Judas Effect is one of the most dangerous in Martial Arts. It's a one hit K.O move and it comes out of no where because Jericho can use it any time whether it's people in mid air or in close range.
  4. Jericho can straight up tank knock out moves such as V-Trigger as well as steel chair being hit with full force (Video)
If it comes down to Close-Quarter Combat Jericho has Poison mist, Fireball and The Judas Effect which are unexpected moves, His Skill to defeat people beyond his league is there to give him just enough time so he can execute the move for the K.O victory. The Judas Effect which comes out of no where is a move as it knock out anyone no one has ever kicked out of it.

I'll remain neutral for now as I don't know much about 13 year old baki I think

Tho still think skill stomps but I'll wait 🙈

@RandomGuy2345

From what I can see, LS is roughly the same so unless Chris got new upgrade then it isn't a decisive factor in the fight.

Baki's Instinctive Reaction made him immune to Gaia's mind reading/analytical prediction and Afterimage Creation would only made it more difficult for Chris to keep up with his movement. Baki's Analytical Prediction is just good as Monkey said. Baki's pain tolerance and immense will can bring back himself back from death so he's a tough nut to crack.

I mean Chris can bring out as many weapons as he want but how effective it is against Baki is the real question. Baki fought against a guy who can literally use anything from water to tree vines as weapon and he once fought an giant ape with sharp claws so I don't see anything that can help Chris much here.

Chris finishing moves might pose a problem but endorphins can counter that, plus Baki have evade choke hold and hanging from Gaia before.

As for skills department, I can't tell who has the skills advantage between these two:

Chris is definitely a top wrestler in his own right. 13 years old Baki's still a start up but the opponent he've faced are super soldiers, expert martial artists, giant apes. This probably stem from how unwilling I am to list every skills of Baki but I want to warp my argument up neatly.

Simply speaking, Baki's own agenda give him enough experience and ability to deals with someone like Chris. Anything Chris try to throw at Baki are countered by unpredictability and sheer willpower. In the end, Baki can stonewall his way out of the fight.

Baki's Instinctive Reaction made him immune to Gaia's mind reading/analytical prediction and Afterimage Creation would only made it more difficult for Chris to keep up with his movement. Baki's Analytical Prediction is just good as Monkey said. Baki's pain tolerance and immense will can bring back himself back from death so he's a tough nut to crack.
Jericho has fought and defeated people with Analytical Prediction. I'm pretty sure he would be able to land hits on Baki. Jericho has his own Instinctive Reactions as well. Bringing yourself back from death is definitely hard to counter, though. Jericho has high levels of Pain Tolerance as well.

I mean Chris can bring out as many weapons as he want but how effective it is against Baki is the real question. Baki fought against a guy who can literally use anything from water to tree vines as weapon and he once fought an giant ape with sharp claws so I don't see anything that can help Chris much here.
Jericho can literally use anything in his environment as well. Fighting a giant ape with sharp claws really isn't all that impressive. Facing and defeating people like The Undertaker are more impressive.

The reason I haven’t contact is because kid Baki is gonna be 9-A my bad bros. Also like Baki is more skilled here, the mf master all MA into his own free form fighting style that lets him constantly adapt to his opponents flow
How many times is the Baki verse going to get upgraded? Might as well stop responding.

Well, this match ended up being a flop.

Back