• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
I kinda did this to test the waters a bit, as well as to help @azontr in getting him to learn more about how skilled WWE is. Whether this is a stomp or not doesn't really matter to me.

9-A Jericho and 9-A Mori will be used.

Mori's Renewal Taekwondo will be restricted.

Speed will be equalized.

Fight takes place in a wrestling ring.

"I have a journalism degree, but I'd rather be the person who is being written about rather than the person who is writing.":

"A dream means nothing if you don't grab it with your own hands!": 6 (Random, azontr, Monke, Pepper, Username, Arnold)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Ight so turns out I don't, but I do have one for Austin Theory, so I can probably use some of Theory's shit and put it on Jericho's skill essay and make a few tweaks to it.

Might take me a bit to make it, though.

This is a rough draft I concocted, so forgive me if it's not the most informative on Jericho's skill. I'll have a more polished one sometime soon.

Chris Jericho with injured ribs defeated Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler has a great amateur wrestling background. Ziggler set the record for most pins in St. Edward High School with 82 pins. When he was a wrestler at Kent State University, he at one point, held the record for most career wins in the team's history, earning 121 wins (the record was soon broken, but this still says a lot for how skilled Jericho is).

Jericho has gone up against the likes of The Undertaker, who is considered the greatest pure striker in Sports Entertainment history. Even the likes of Kurt Angle was scared to take a punch from him.

Kurt Angle is known by many as ‘The Wrestling Machine’. He’s started wrestling since the age of 7, and has won varsity letters in wrestling. He went undefeated on the freshman wrestling team in Mt. Lebanon High School. He ended up becoming the 1987 Pennsylvania State Wrestling Champion as a senior in high school. Angle then began preparing for the 1996 Summer Olympics under Dave Schultz. During this time, he endured training that lasted from 8 to 10 hours a day. What Kurt Angle is most known for is winning not only the Olympic Trials, but a gold medal with a broken neck. He was also named the greatest shoot wrestler of all time.

Chris has shown to fight on instinct, a prime example being when he instinctively hit a Codebreaker on Rey Mysterio after getting hit by Rey's finisher prior.

Chris has also shown to have expert timing, being able to catch opponents mid-air with his patent Codebreaker. He’s even shown to bust out a springboard Codebreaker if need be.

Chris is leagues above the likes of Axiom. In this promo, Axiom’s billed as someone who can quickly analyze and react to anything thanks to his gift for mathematics, which he uses to defeat wrestlers in the ring. Despite this, the guy struggles with NXT wrestlers, while Jericho has consistently shown to fight on par with some of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

I'll comment on skill later, but, before that can I get a rundown on Jericho's standard tactics?
Jericho is primarily a technical wrestler, targeting the limbs of his opponents with submissions to wear them down. He's also more than willing to injure his opponents in this way, too. But he's also somewhat of an "All-Rounder", as he can bust out high-flying/springboard maneuvers, grappling maneuvers, and he can slug it out with the best of them.

Alright well I guess I’ll be the first to kick off this argument. Goddamn @azontr freakin 👽 pesterin ah……

Mori has attacks that deal 2x damage than his base ones (three stage kick) while also ignoring durability at the same time (literally slams your brain across the inside of your skull).

So I guess there’s that….

It's not that bad. It's basically what happens when you get punched in the jaw (your brain slams against your skull, knocking you out) kicked to overdrive.
What’s funny about the way Mori does it, is that the minute your brain reaches the other side of your skull from the first kick, he immediately hits that side of your head with another one dealing that sweet double whammy combo 🤓

Disrespectful that move is 💀

The dura neg part is without a doubt useful, but we're forgetting that Jericho holds a 5.4x physical advantage.

It's not going to do any significant harm.

That's not really how the human body works. You can be as tough as you want, but if your brain literally smashes against the inside of your skull, you are viable to getting knocked out. Especially with how Mori does it, in which that initial impact is basically tripled.

It's why hits to the chin/jaw are so dangerous.

Anyway, based on the skill essay I read from Jericho, most of his practical skill seems to come from raw experience. His experience is a bit different though, since unlike normal statements of "[Insert big number of years of combat experience]", he can actually use his knowledge practically, which I think is what makes a wrestler like him dangerous. It's basically Mori's fancier anime moves against Jericho's more grounded Martial Arts/Wrestling knowledge.

Anyway, based on the skill essay I read from Jericho, most of his practical skill seems to come from raw experience. His experience is a bit different though, since unlike normal statements of "[Insert big number of years of combat experience]", he can actually use his knowledge practically, which I think is what makes a wrestler like him dangerous. It's basically Mori's fancier anime moves against Jericho's more grounded Martial Arts/Wrestling knowledge.
I 1000% agree with this.

That being said, I think Mori will personally edge it out.

He may not be as skilled as Jericho (initially) but he has an absolutely insane amount of skills he can draw upon at almost anytime. Just check his notable attacks section to see all the Martial Arts he can use, many of which Jericho will probably not have any experience facing against. Especially since Mori can easily chain his attacks, switching from Martial Art to Martial Art.

One moment he could be attacking with Kyokushin Karate, then the next moment it could be swordsmanship, and then the next moment it could be Taekwondo or MMA or anything else. He's very good at adapting his play style, especially with all the skills he has at his disposal it'll basically be like fighting multiple people at once for Jericho.

By this, I mean bare handed sword techniques. He has replicated the skills of someone who can basically utilize their bare hands as a blade.
Sheesh.

One moment he could be attacking with Kyokushin Karate, then the next moment it could be swordsmanship, and then the next moment it could be Taekwondo or MMA or anything else. He's very good at adapting his play style, especially with all the skills he has at his disposal it'll basically be like fighting multiple people at once for Jericho.
Aside from his swordsmanship, Kyokushin Karate, Taekwondo, and MMA are nothing new at all to WWE, let alone to Jericho, who has 30+ years of experience facing opponents with many different kinds of fighting styles. He'd for sure be caught off guard initially, but I'm confident he can adapt to these fighting styles aside from Mori's swordsmanship.

There's a specific wrestler in mind that incorporates many different kinds of martial arts that Jericho is superior to, but like I said, my skill essay isn't fully complete enough.

Aside from his swordsmanship, Kyokushin Karate, Taekwondo, and MMA are nothing new at all to WWE, let alone to Jericho, who has 30+ years of experience facing opponents with many different kinds of fighting styles. He'd for sure be caught off guard initially, but I'm confident he can adapt to these fighting styles aside from Mori's swordsmanship.

There's a specific wrestler in mind that incorporates many different kinds of martial arts that Jericho is superior to, but like I said, my skill essay isn't fully complete enough.
Can I see evidence he's faced any of these styles? That's not in your skill essay.

Back