• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The boxer : YU Speed downgrade

I checked the calculation and It's only stated that J jumped in at the last moment which should mean that he jumped on the ring before Yu could finish the other guy off. Nothing suggests that J traveled all the distance to stop Yu's punch imo. Taking the distance between Yu and the corner or a side of the ring would be better.

Yu legit had to train his speed in order to beat Aaron which is after J could perform this feat and the match against J is after Aaron one so he literally upscales to a speed after a training based on that (and durab neg), this has been already adressed tho.
Aaron Subsonic couldn't react to a quick punch and Aaron is as fast as Yu, so Supersonic+ is an outlier

Yu legit had to train his speed in order to beat Aaron which is after J could perform this feat and the match against J is after Aaron one so he literally upscales to a speed after a training based on that (and durab neg), this has been already adressed tho.
There are 2 reasons why Calc was removed from the home page.

1) J took action before Yu attacked. While Yu was attacking, J arrived at the last moment and saved the man. The audience does not notice J because they are paying all their attention to the match. When you focus on something, your attention is directed to it and you concentrate on it, leaving other distractions out.

2) I would like to say that even if this calculation is correct (No, it is definitely not correct, it is not possible), it is an outlier. Aaron is faster than J and has a speed close to YU's. YU made a subsonic attack and Aaron was unable to react. We use time frame 0.029 because aaron can't react the result is Subsonic so Supersonic+ is definitely an outlier.

I read everything you said but it doesn't make sense to me. No matter how famous J was, the crowd was literally focusing on the match because YU almost killed the guy. Since they were watching with full attention, the assumption of not seeing J seems much more reliable to me.
They made this exact argument, and I still disagree with it. People aren't just going to ignore J suddenly showing up into a venue like this (even then, the calc specifically only accounts for the distance from the edge of the arena to the ring, so him just being in the building is in fact accounted for) if he's slowly making his way to the scene and then shows up.

They made this exact argument, and I still disagree with it. People aren't just going to ignore J suddenly showing up into a venue like this (even then, the calc specifically only accounts for the distance from the edge of the arena to the ring, so him just being in the building is in fact accounted for) if he's slowly making his way to the scene and then shows up.
There are 2 reasons why Calc was removed from the home page.

1) J took action before Yu attacked. While Yu was attacking, J arrived at the last moment and saved the man. The audience does not notice J because they are paying all their attention to the match. When you focus on something, your attention is directed to it and you concentrate on it, leaving other distractions out.

2) I would like to say that even if this calculation is correct (No, it is definitely not correct, it is not possible), it is an outlier. Aaron is faster than J and has a speed close to YU's. YU made a subsonic attack and Aaron was unable to react. We use time frame 0.029 because aaron can't react the result is Subsonic so Supersonic+ is definitely an outlier.

J took action before Yu attacked. While Yu was attacking, J arrived at the last moment and saved the man.
There is physically not a single thing that indicates this, and I know because you're copypasting arguments instead of presenting where it's shown that J acted pre-emptively (which doesn't even make sense symbolically, given it's only exactly before that that Fabrizo asks for God to forgive him)
I would like to say that even if this calculation is correct (No, it is definitely not correct, it is not possible)
Just because you don't like big number doesn't mean the universe is siding with you, it is in fact possible.
Aaron is faster than J and has a speed close to YU's. YU made a subsonic attack and Aaron was unable to react. We use time frame 0.029 because aaron can't react the result is Subsonic so Supersonic+ is definitely an outlier.
No, Yu just repeatedly blitzed him, and we calculate that as Subsonic because that's what we're liable to assume without calc stacking. It's not a verifiably speed capping feat because it's completely based on relatively to another character who could simply be more superhuman (We could even turn it into a Hypersonic calc by saying the perception blitzing thing was applicable, but I think that's nonsense so)

There is physically not a single thing that indicates this, and I know because you're copypasting arguments instead of presenting where it's shown that J acted pre-emptively (which doesn't even make sense symbolically, given it's only exactly before that that Fabrizo asks for God to forgive him)
The assumption I made is much more logical than the assumption you accept. YU was beating the man to death for 12 rounds. Since the audience watches for 12 rounds, after a while they watch as if they are being manipulated, and they cannot notice this because J is running next to them.

The assumption I made is much more logical than that heavy assumption.
Just because you don't like big number doesn't mean the universe is siding with you, it is in fact possible.
I have explained thousands of times why this account should not be used, but boxer fans do not want to understand.
No, Yu just repeatedly blitzed him, and we calculate that as Subsonic because that's what we're liable to assume without calc stacking. It's not a verifiably speed capping feat because it's completely based on relatively to another character who could simply be more superhuman (We could even turn it into a Hypersonic calc by saying the perception blitzing thing was applicable, but I think that's nonsense so)
You will need to use Supersonic+ perception speed to get Hypersonic, but you already know that this is a calc stack, so you have no choice but to use the 0.029 time frame, which results in Subsonic, so Supersonic+ will be an outlier.

Since the audience watches for 12 rounds, after a while they watch as if they are being manipulated, and they cannot notice this because J is running next to them.
I think this makes sense and also the fact that it's only stated that J jumped on the ring at the last moment, not moving the entire distance.

I just think using a really highballed distance like 44 meters even though it's not clearly stated in an outspeeding feat is just kinda weird.

I think this makes sense and also the fact that it's only stated that J jumped on the ring at the last moment, not moving the entire distance.
No it isn't

Like, factually, there is nothing indicating he started going earlier. Find the statement if you really want to argue using it as a basis.

That assumes that J had to be standing near the ring to jump in at the last moment, in which case somebody would definitely notice him since there were multiple people near and outside the ring lol.

That assumes that J had to be standing near the ring to jump in at the last moment, in which case somebody would definitely notice him since there were multiple people near and outside the ring lol.
Nah it just suggests that J only moved that distance in the timeframe used in the calc and not the whole 44 meters.

The last image here.
"At the last moment" really seems to suggest he did in fact bring it down to the wire, so
Nah it just suggests that J only moved that distance in the timeframe used in the calc and not the whole 44 meters.
Then why did nobody notice someone approaching the ring, or nobody notice J in attendance prior to this point? Like, I must emphasize, this is a world class boxer drawn with an outright glowing aura, they wouldn't just entirely blend in.

"At the last moment" really seems to suggest he did in fact bring it down to the wire, so
"Jumped in at the last moment". You can't jump in from 44 meters away lol.
Then why did nobody notice someone approaching the ring, or nobody notice J in attendance prior to this point? Like, I must emphasize, this is a world class boxer drawn with an outright glowing aura, they wouldn't just entirely blend in.
The audience don't even realize who that is even though he was standing on the ring until some time passes. I also don't think it would be that hard to blend in in a really crowded area where all the people are focusing on a match.

An another scenario would be J simply moving at Subsonic speed in the crowd and accelarating when Yu was about to punch the other guy.

Explain to me how J, a boxer that's more legendary than a majority of the champions in the verse, who wears distinct clothing and literally glows, would somehow manage to fit in a crowd of rabid boxing fans who gathered to watch a title defense match.
An another scenario would be J simply moving at Subsonic speed in the crowd and accelarating when Yu was about to punch the other guy.
This still doesn't make sense when there were people present who should've seen him coming because they can perceive guys who move at subsonic speed. Re-read the thread instead of parroting arguments that were brought up here ages ago.

Chill dude. I'm just stating my opinion i don't have any interest in the verse or care enough to read the thread. I'm just talking about the calculation itself. I don't understand how a big distance like 44 meters is used in a feat like this where many other feats get rejected for the reasonings i pointed out previously.

Anyway you guys can do whatever you want I don't wanna clog up a thread about a series I didn't even read lol

No it isn't

Like, factually, there is nothing indicating he started going earlier. Find the statement if you really want to argue using it as a basis.
There is no evidence that J moves within the time frame

I debunked what you said 100 times but boxer fans don't listen to me

The only time J gave off a bright aura was when he was touching Yu. He doesn't give off a bright aura when passing people.

The audience knew that YU would play with that guy for 12 rounds and eventually kill him because YU said so and YU was prepared to kill him at the last moment. The audience put everything aside and watched the match with full attention, so they didn't notice J.

I also want to say again that this is an outlier, start being honest now.

The audience knew that YU would play with that guy for 12 rounds and eventually kill him because YU said so and YU was prepared to kill him at the last moment. The audience put everything aside and watched the match with full attention, so they didn't notice J.

Came back from the dead just to say that this thread sucks.

Aren't we just repeating the same arguments over and over again? It's evident the majority doesn't agree with this thread.

Came back from the dead just to say that this thread sucks.

Aren't we just repeating the same arguments over and over again? It's evident the majority doesn't agree with this thread.
All those who disagree have ridiculous defenses, but

You didn't read what I said lmao.

Even if the audience didn't notice J, there were literally OTHER PEOPLE standing around the ring. They would have to have seen J jump into the arena or enter the area. It is physically impossible that they wouldn't have.

Back