• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boxer Supersonic+ Downgrade

Hello, recently there was a common calc concern thread that eliminates alot of verses calculations, so I'm knocking them off 1 by 1

J interupts Yu from punching Fabrizo
This calc falls under this thread, the feat contradicts Yu's profile, in the calc it says Yu is moving at peak human speed, but Yu is subsonic+ on his profile ? It contradicts his profile and therefore doesn't work

I was expecting more calcs like this but none I could see on the boxer wiki

Hello, recently there was a common calc concern thread that eliminates alot of verses calculations, so I'm knocking them off 1 by 1

This calc falls under this thread, the feat contradicts Yu's profile, in the calc it says Yu is moving at peak human speed, but Yu is subsonic+ on his profile ? It contradicts his profile and therefore doesn't work

that's not just "J interrupts a punch from 2 m" but is like he does it with a distance of more than 50m and there are two ways to make it works and both are good with the narrative so nothing really contradicts anything, you can get DMUA to evaluate this since he has knowledge about the boxer, he accepted the calc and he started that thread you are talking about

@DMUA
that's not just "J interrupts a punch from 2 m" but is like he does it with a distance of more than 50m and there are two ways to make it works and both are good with the narrative so nothing really contradicts anything, you can get DMUA to evaluate this since he has knowledge about the boxer, he accepted the calc and he started that thread you are talking about
It literally contradicts that thread though, it assumes Yu is moving at peak human speed when his profile rates him much higher

That's not what the rules are going to be. Using IRL reference points is allowed, provided they fit the other criteria, and this isn't even really a feat mostly based on the proximity of Yu's fist, but the high distance J had to move to suddenly appear in the arena with nobody noticing prior
You... Definitely did not look hard enough for calcs on The Boxer. The very thread you're linking has an example with Aaron vs Yu.

I mean it does kinda just happen

That's what a lot of people probably don't realize about how I evaluate stuff, I literally just want the feat to exist as described by the calcer and I will accept it

J's feat exists, many others... Do not

That's not what the rules are going to be. Using IRL reference points is allowed, provided they fit the other criteria, and this isn't even really a feat mostly based on the proximity of Yu's fist, but the high distance J had to move to suddenly appear in the arena with nobody noticing prior

You... Definitely did not look hard enough for calcs on The Boxer. The very thread you're linking has an example with Aaron vs Yu.
I still believe that we don't know if J moved earlier or not, how do we know he just sat there and only came in when Yu was less ten a metre away ? Odd assumption, I will relate this to TR but the oppositions main points are "we don't know when Izana began running" and they got overwhelming approval, my point is the same, how do we know he didn't get closer before

The last time I saw J wasn't equal to Yu, but now this calc puts him 10x Yu ?! Bit to much don't you think, makes no sense

It contradicts the rating on Yu's profile too, Yu punching at 12 m/s when he is subsonic+ makes no sense

That ain't an accepted calculation though ? Why make me look bad ):

I still believe that we don't know if J moved earlier or not, how do we know he just sat there and only came in when Yu was less ten a metre away ?
Because absolutely nobody saw him in the arena prior to that point. Nobody noted he was on the entrance or in the building until that exact moment, so either he teleported (which is something he never displayed and J in general isn't supernatural in such an explicit fashion), or he just really gunned it as Fabrizio was about to die, which seems the more on point presumption.
The last time I saw J wasn't equal to Yu, but now this calc puts him 10x Yu ?! Bit to much don't you think, makes no sense
J's actual capabilities are never really stated outside of his win/loss record, which inofitself is kinda glossed over because J's priority was more giving people uplifting experiences through fights (and it's just a reference to the bible anyways), there's no real contradiction outside of Yu outspeeding them after a very long time training
It contradicts the rating on Yu's profile too, Yu punching at 12 m/s when he is subsonic+ makes no sense
You seem to have ignored the part where I said using an IRL frame of reference is perfectly fine, because it is. It's how we do a lot of speed calculations, it's no different to use it in that case
That ain't an accepted calculation though ? Why make me look bad ):
I definitely remember them using something like that on the pages for a bit but maybe I'm mixing it with the fact J's feat came in for Supersonic+ immediately after the fact

Last edited:
Because absolutely nobody saw him in the arena prior to that point. Nobody noted he was on the entrance or in the building until that exact moment, so either he teleported (which is something he never displayed and J in general isn't supernatural in such an explicit fashion), or he just really gunned it as Fabrizio was about to die, which seems the more on point presumption.

J's actual capabilities are never really stated outside of his win/loss record, which inofitself is kinda glossed over because J's priority was more giving people uplifting experiences through fights (and it's just a reference to the bible anyways), there's no real contradiction outside of Yu outspeeding them after a very long time training

You seem to have ignored the part where I said using an IRL frame of reference is perfectly fine, because it is. It's how we do a lot of speed calculations, it's no different to use it in that case

I definitely remember them using that on the pages for a bit but maybe I'm mixing it with the fact J's feat came in for Supersonic+ immediately after the fact
Why would he dash at that exact point, no body is gonna take notice to a guy running or slowly walking closer to the ring, this is literally the Izana feat but this one has much less proof behind it, people aren't suprised in a "omg he moved into the ring at supersonic+ speed" type of way, J could have been in the crowd or near the crowd not 80 metres away

wym irl frame reference

nah, it was removed I think

Why would he dash at that exact point, no body is gonna take notice to a guy running or slowly walking closer to the ring, this is literally the Izana feat but this one has much less proof behind it, people aren't suprised in a "omg he moved into the ring at supersonic+ speed" type of way, J could have been in the crowd or near the crowd not 80 metres away
No, it's different, in the calc I assume he comes from the boxer entrance since it's the most reasonable starting point and any other point just doesn't work, let's say he was in the crowd 1) in the boxer when an important character is in the audience they say it but you can say they didn't for the surprise but think about it if he was there to go on the ring he had to step on other people and that's just not what is presented, also in a stadium like that every single part is visible if he started to run earlier for sure someone would have saw him since there are people on each side and the commentators can literally see any part of the stadium and still both the audience and the commentators didn't notice him before and they were fully aware of what was happening until Yu started his final attack also we have a statement saying J jumped in at the last moment
we never seen J being equal to Yu in first place also this thing can be seen in 2 ways:

1) Yu was holding back and it wouldn't be weird at all since before Aaron he could effortless beat anyone and it's not the first time he interrupts his final attakcs due to an external factor since the same thing happens with Jean, Yu was going to kill Jean but his wife started screaming "please Jean stop" and she wasn't even on the ring so Yu had no reason to stop but still he didn't finish Jean off so for all we know Yu could have just let J interrupts his attack since he didn't speed up

2) J was extremely faster than Yu in this arc and it's not even weird to say J is very ver fast since he could easily blitz Fabrizio and never revealed his true power and he fights against Yu only at the end of the serie when Yu s in his best shape and also he trained before it + you can also argue that Yu's power somehow increases based on his depression and during that fight he was in his darkest moment

In anyway you see it it works
It would only increase the result, in fact I suggested to use 34 m/s since Fabrizio stated he could see and react at the first Yu's punches which should be FTE stated during Jean's match

Also I suggests you to stop compare calculations from different verses when the problem is the context and not the math itself since any verse is different and Izana calc is not the same thing as this one + I want to say I feel like this thread is some kind of revenge for the last tr thread since it's the second time a thread about a downgrade for the boxer comes up during a tr downgrade and from tr supporters but I'll let this slide

Last edited:
No, it's different, in the calc I assume he comes from the boxer entrance since it's the most reasonable starting point and any other point just doesn't work, let's say he was in the crowd 1) in the boxer when an important character is in the audience they say it but you can say they didn't for the surprise but think about it if he was there to go on the ring he had to step on other people and that's just not what is presented, also in a stadium like that every single part is visible if he started to run earlier for sure someone would have saw him since there are people on each side and the commentators can literally see any part of the stadium and still both the audience and the commentators didn't notice him before and they were fully aware of what was happening until Yu started his final attack also we have a statement saying J jumped in at the last moment

we never seen J being equal to Yu in first place also this thing can be seen in 2 ways:

1) Yu was holding back and it wouldn't be weird at all since before Aaron he could effortless beat anyone and it's not the first time he interrupts his final attakcs due to an external factor since the same thing happens with Jean, Yu was going to kill Jean but his wife started screaming "please Jean stop" and she wasn't even on the ring so Yu had no reason to stop but still he didn't finish Jean off so for all we know Yu could have just let J interrupts his attack since he didn't speed up

2) J was extremely faster than Yu in this arc and it's not even weird to say J is very ver fast since he could easily blitz Fabrizio and never revealed his true power and he fights against Yu only at the end of the serie when Yu s in his best shape and also he trained before it + you can also argue that Yu's power somehow increases based on his depression and during that fight he was in his darkest moment

In anyway you see it it works

It would only increase the result, in fact I suggested to use 34 m/s since Fabrizio stated he could see and react at the first Yu's punches which should be FTE stated during Jean's match

Also I suggests you to stop compare calculations from different verses when the problem is the context and not the math itself since any verse is different and Izana calc is not the same thing as this one + I want to say I feel like this thread is some kind of revenge for the last tr thread since it's the second time a thread about a downgrade for the boxer comes up during a tr downgrade and from tr supporters but I'll let this slide
Doesn't have to be in the crowd, there are walkways that lead to the ring, Its exactly the same, your main argument is we don't know when Izana moved, my argument is the same here my friend, we don't know his initial position, why are you going with the furthest one ? Also why are you assuming he didn't get closer and closer as the fight went on

What ? Are you giving me arguments I don't get it ?

Thats still contradicting his profile, you gotta use 200 m/s but you can't because its calc stacking, this feat contradicts Yu's speed

It is the same, only reason I compare it is because its what came to mind, its not really a revenge thread my guy, I'm trying to make multiple threads because of the new changes, I even asked you for verses

Doesn't have to be in the crowd, there are walkways that lead to the ring, Its exactly the same, your main argument is we don't know when Izana moved, my argument is the same here my friend, we don't know his initial position, why are you going with the furthest one ? Also why are you assuming he didn't get closer and closer as the fight went on
furthest one ? I'm literally using the closest position for him to not being noticed any other position and he would have been seen, by someone
What ? Are you giving me arguments I don't get it ?
Basically I'm saying that is completely fine that J is 100x time faster than that punch
Thats still contradicting his profile, you gotta use 200 m/s but you can't because its calc stacking, this feat contradicts Yu's speed
sub+ is only due to Viktor, before that he should be scaled to Jean who is 70 m/s, and as DMUA explained to you using real life things is ok, I'm more for using subsonic on that calc since in my opinion is presented that Fabrizio due to being amped by steroids can keep up with Yu punches which are stated FTE already from jean match but there are many things to consider, anyway DMUA explained why is completely fine and is not related to that thread so yeah should be cool
It is the same, only reason I compare it is because its what came to mind,
Just don't, is not like any interception feat is = Izana feat or J feat
its not really a revenge thread my guy, I'm trying to make multiple threads because of the new changes, I even asked you for verses
Just weird that anytime I partecipate in a tr downgrade for the speed during or at the end of the thread a thread about the boxer speed downgrade comes up and both you and vapourrrr know I'm working on that verse but whatever, is not important

furthest one ? I'm literally using the closest position for him to not being noticed any other position and he would have been seen, by someone

Basically I'm saying that is completely fine that J is 100x time faster than that punch

sub+ is only due to Viktor, before that he should be scaled to Jean who is 70 m/s, and as DMUA explained to you using real life things is ok, I'm more for using subsonic on that calc since in my opinion is presented that Fabrizio due to being amped by steroids can keep up with Yu punches which are stated FTE already from jean match but there are many things to consider, anyway DMUA explained why is completely fine and is not related to that thread so yeah should be cool

Just don't, is not like any interception feat is = Izana feat or J feat

Just weird that anytime I partecipate in a tr downgrade for the speed during or at the end of the thread a thread about the boxer speed downgrade comes up and both you and vapourrrr know I'm working on that verse but whatever, is not important
Why would bro get noticed in a crowd of 100s of people

So then use 70 m/s ? You can't cause its calc stacking

This literally has no proof behind it, J could have been much closer, your assuming a distance that highballs it

I don't really care, no need to bring it up

no body is gonna take notice to a guy running or slowly walking closer to the ring,
Yes they would? It's not like J's some random drunk hobo that the commentators and audience are going to ignore, he's a glowing presence that's been MIA for years at that point, he can't just casually walk in and only sprint at the last stretch to get the results we actually see in the context
this is literally the Izana feat but this one has much less proof behind it
Izana's feat involved a gun that can be aim dodged and a guy in distinct visual range to said firearm, the situations are entirely different. You exclusively hurt your argument by complaining about how other calcs haven't been accepted because they distinctly don't follow the same context.
people aren't suprised in a "omg he moved into the ring at supersonic+ speed" type of way
There's no distinction. His sudden presence in the arena was the shock, which would have come much earlier if he didn't do it so fast that nobody could react to his emergence
wym irl frame reference
Actual punches that people throw in real life. It's not different from using the speed of arrows or bullets, it's a solid number that doesn't bloat numbers via calc stacking.

Last edited:
Yes they would? It's not like J's some random drunk hobo that the commentators and audience are going to ignore, he's a glowing presence that's been MIA for years at that point, he can't just casually walk in and only sprint at the last stretch to get the results we actually see in the context

Izana's feat involved a gun that can be aim dodged and a guy in distinct visual range to said firearm, the situations are entirely different. You exclusively hurt your argument by complaining about how other calcs haven't been accepted because they distinctly don't follow the same context.

There's no distinction. His sudden presence in the arena was the shock, which would have come much earlier if he didn't do it so fast that nobody could react to his emergence

Actual punches that people throw in real life. It's not different from using the speed of arrows or bullets, it's a solid number that doesn't bloat numbers via calc stacking.
I mean its in a crowd of a whole lotta people, for the commentators to notice a guy behind them is already a stretch let alone with 100s of people

Not really, there the same feat, guy comes in and saves friend

Why would the shock come earlier, I mean sure he could have moved at high speeds just not from 84 metres away

But Yu aint a normal human, he's throwing his bloodlusted punches much faster, this is contradicting Yu's profile and I think its obvious

I mean its in a crowd of a whole lotta people, for the commentators to notice a guy behind them is already a stretch let alone with 100s of people
And none of the crowd was shown raising attention to it?
Not really, there the same feat, guy comes in and saves friend
If you reduce it to the same scale that there are only 6 types of stories on the entire planet, sure.
Why would the shock come earlier, I mean sure he could have moved at high speeds just not from 84 metres away
Because he would be visible and thus draw attention, since he's been out of action for as long as he was prior to that point. Otherwise people would have seen and reacted to his presence.
But Yu aint a normal human, he's throwing his bloodlusted punches much faster, this is contradicting Yu's profile and I think its obvious
Yeah, it's a lowball to make sure the calc isn't bloated. What you're saying exclusively suggests that it should be far higher, it doesn't invalidate the results from the calc off an assumption using high end punching speeds for a person. We just don't do that because it violates our calc stacking rules.

And none of the crowd was shown raising attention to it?

If you reduce it to the same scale that there are only 6 types of stories on the entire planet, sure.

Because he would be visible and thus draw attention, since he's been out of action for as long as he was prior to that point. Otherwise people would have seen and reacted to his presence.

Yeah, it's a lowball to make sure the calc isn't bloated. What you're saying exclusively suggests that it should be far higher, it doesn't invalidate the results from the calc off an assumption using high end punching speeds for a person. We just don't do that because it violates our calc stacking rules.
I mean the fight was pretty interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if a crowd of people who went to see a boxing fight actually focused on the boxing fight

lol

^^^

Yes, in the thread I linked above, M3X said
If the character isn't always moving at subsonic speeds, this should be noted on their profile. If they're not using this subsonic speed to attack, there should be context regarding the feat.
What is the context here ? A blood lusted Yu is slower then Jean ? Makes no sense contradicting his profile therefore making this un usable, a Yu moving at 12 m/s is contradicting his profile and a Yu moving at 70 m/s is calc stacking making this unusable, ofcourse I could be wrong but I'll keep debating

I mean the fight was pretty interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if a crowd of people who went to see a boxing fight actually focused on the boxing fight
This implies that nobody has peripheral vision to notice someone suddenly making their way towards the arena.
Yes, in the thread I linked above, M3X said
M3X also agreed with the finalized rules, where it is permitted. I felt like he just over-extended his retort to some people on that thread, and even if he didn't, it's his opinion against actual wiki standards.

This implies that nobody has peripheral vision to notice someone suddenly making their way towards the arena.

M3X also agreed with the finalized rules, where it is permitted. I felt like he just over-extended his retort to some people on that thread, and even if he didn't, it's his opinion against actual wiki standards.
I mean be honest, if you saw a fight and mike tyson appeared in your peripheral vision, would you notice that, I don't think I would since its a fight and many people are moving around me ect, I wouldn't notice arguably one of the most famous boxers faces until he got infront of me

I mean be honest, if you saw a fight and mike tyson appeared in your peripheral vision, would you notice that,
Yes I would, and Mike Tyson's presence isn't drawn with a permanently glowing aura (which granted, I don't think is genuinely literal but it's a representation of the way he carries himself)

Back