• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The boxer : YU Speed downgrade

J interrupts Yu from punching Fabrizio

There is not a single piece of evidence as to when J started running. J may have started running before Yu started attacking, meaning he was running outside of the time frame. As I said, it was assumed that J started moving while YU was attacking, but J may have started moving before YU attacked and got there and saved the guy while Yu was attacking, so this feature cannot be used.

Second time this is brought up, people can't go near the ring like it's nothing so he was nowhere near there + everyone was surprised he was there which means no one noticed him until he was right in the ring adn in the stadium you can literally see every single part of it from the audience and commentors and we have a clear statement saying that J jumped in the last moment.

I hope this is not out of spite for the thread about reality quest

Last edited:
third time this is brought up, people can't go near the ring like it's nothing so he was nowhere near there + everyone was surprised he was there which means no one noticed him until he was right in the ring and we have a clear statment saying that J jumped in the last moment.

If J had moved at this speed, the audience would definitely have gone deaf

Fiction is simply inconsistent with the sonic booms, we should kinda downgrade every single verse below transonic just because they don't show sonic booms or any effect derived from it, this even happens in verses where they can outrun bullets and dodge them implying they are > sound, still they don't generate sonic booms or deaf people while moving.

Not you saying stuff like that. 😭
If J had moved at this speed, the audience would definitely have gone deaf
Nah lol, fiction doesn't treat sonic booms very seriously every time. Many times, calcs give results higher than 343 m/s but still there's no sonic boom. This can be noted in bullet projectile dodging feats as well.

As for now, I think there's enough context behind the feat and it could have been subject to a downgrade if Zefra had highballed the distance but he legit used the total arm length. I disagree with this one.

No, this feat is different. It doesn't make sense that a normal person won't become deaf when you pass them at supersonic+ speed.

In the panel you gave, it says that J was in the ring at the last moment, there is a possibility that he moved outside the time frame and reached the ring at the last moment.

Not you saying stuff like that. 😭

Nah lol, fiction doesn't treat sonic booms very seriously every time. Many times, calcs give results higher than 343 m/s but still there's no sonic boom. This can be noted in bullet projectile dodging feats as well.

As for now, I think there's enough context behind the feat and it could have been subject to a downgrade if Zefra had highballed the distance but he legit used the total arm length. I disagree with this one.
There is no evidence that J was moving while attacking Yu.

No, this feat is different. It doesn't make sense that a normal person won't become deaf when you pass them at supersonic+ speed.

In the panel you gave, it says that J was in the ring at the last moment, there is a possibility that he moved outside the time frame and reached the ring at the last moment.
Tho no one goes deaf when one piece, naruto and dragonball character fight, I guess they are all subsonic+, fiction simply don't account for that, I'm just repeating myself here.

it blatantly say "J jumped in the last moment" and you are ignoring the fact that while people have a clear view on the entire stadium no one noticed him before and people were literally surprised he was there while he is just presented as a legendary boxer and again, people can't go near the ring because they like to do it, it's just not allowed.

Tho no one goes deaf when one piece, naruto and dragonball character fight, I guess they are all subsonic+, fiction simply don't account for that, I'm just repeating myself here.

it blatantly say "J jumped in the last moment" and you are ignoring the fact that while people have a clear view on the entire stadium no one noticed him before.
You are forgetting something important, everyone was paying attention to the match so maybe they didn't see J.

it blatantly say "J jumped in the last moment" and you are ignoring the fact that while people have a clear view on the entire stadium no one noticed him before and people were literally surprised he was there while he is just presented as a legendary boxer and again, people can't go near the ring because they like to do it, it's just not allowed.
J tries to say that he got to the ring at the last minute. As I said, J may have started moving before Yu attacked and reached the ring at the last moment while YU was attacking.

He literally had to run near other people to do it and the people on the other side of the stadium would have seen him considering their eye were literally on that direction.
J tries to say that he got to the ring at the last minute. As I said, J may have started moving before Yu attacked and reached the ring at the last moment while YU was attacking.
Is not J the one talking, anyway he didn't say "J was near the ring and jumped in last moment" he didn't mentioned where J was so I don't know why you are trying to use that statement to prove the he was near the ring and still people can't go near the ring by in first place, let alone without getting noticed by anyone, I'm just repeating myself, I might as well don't answer anymore unless there are new points.

He literally had to run near other people to do it and the people on the other side of the stadium would have seen him considering their eye were literally on that direction.

Is not J the one talking, anyway he didn't say "J was near the ring and jumped in last moment" he didn't mentioned where J was so I don't know why you are trying to use that statement to prove the he was near the ring and still people can't go near the ring by in first place, let alone without getting noticed by anyone, I'm just repeating myself, I might as well don't answer anymore unless there are new points.
I have to repeat for clarity that people may not have seen J when he ran because all the spectators were paying full attention to the match.

In addition, in order for it to move faster than the human eye, it is sufficient to move at subsonic speed.

Since J was moving at subsonic speed, he might have passed by people at that speed and people might not have seen him, and J might have reached the ring at the last moment when YU attacked.

I have to repeat for clarity that people may not have seen J when he ran because all the spectators were paying full attention to the match.
I can understand if there were like 50 dudes watching the fight but we are talking about a bare minimum of 1000, this is only a small portion of the stadium and this is an overview of the stadium, 1000 dudes is an extreme lowball because I have no intention of counting them but still, no one noticed him, not a single one.

Since J was moving at subsonic speed, he might have passed by people at that speed and people might not have seen him, and J might have reached the ring at the last moment when YU attacked.
Moving in the subsonic interval would gives a very similar result if you intent to be invisible for the whole distance, 45 m / 0,029 = 1551 m/s (supersonic+) if he wanted to stay inviisble the whole time he needed to move at least at this speed and the time frame isn't really for things that outright disappear so...

Not at such big distances, many cars travel at subsonic speeds and you can still see them when it's at such big distances.
Don't count the other spectators, they are focused on the match, the only people left are the people close to the stairs

may have at least moved transonic

Don't count the other spectators, they are focused on the match, the only people left are the people close to the stairs

may have at least moved transonic
Transonic is still a lowball.

The people who are watching the match from afar would obviously see J as everything happens in the POV lol.

Prove that J moves in the same time interval

No

loser-dance-hop.gif
loser-dance-hop.gif
loser-dance-hop.gif

I can understand if there were like 50 dudes watching the fight but we are talking about a bare minimum of 1000, this is only a small portion of the stadium and this is an overview of the stadium, 1000 dudes is an extreme lowball because I have no intention of counting them but still, no one noticed him, not a single one.

Moving in the subsonic interval would gives a very similar result if you intent to be invisible for the whole distance, 45 m / 0,029 = 1551 m/s (supersonic+) if he wanted to stay inviisble the whole time he needed to move at least at this speed and the time frame isn't really for things that outright disappear so...
Before YU could move, J took action and was able to reach and save the man at the last moment when YU attacked.

Since everyone was focusing on the match, J might have come later and watched the match from the audience. All the spectators may not have seen J because they were focusing on the match, including the people near the stairs because YU was about to kill the man, the spectators were watching the match in shock, so they did not see J.

Transonic is still a lowball.

The people who are watching the match from afar would obviously see J as everything happens in the POV lol.
Lmao 😄

All the spectators may not have seen J because they were focusing on the match, including the people near the stairs, because YU was about to kill the man, the spectators did not see J because they were watching the match in shock.

What?? Transonic is actually a lowball lol. A plane travelling around 40 meters at such speed can be seen by you.
All the spectators may not have seen J because they were focusing on the match, including the people near the stairs, because YU was about to kill the man, the spectators did not see J because they were watching the match in shock.
Doesn't matter. Things happening in your FOV are seen by you despite your feelings.

Ne?? Transonic aslında düşük top bir lol. Yaklaşık 40 metre hızla giden bir uçağı gözlerinizle görebilirsiniz.

Önemli değil. Görüş alanınızda olup bitenleri, duygularınıza rağmen sizin tarafınızdan görülüyor.
No, you're wrong. If you focus on the match carefully, you won't be able to see it pass you by.

Ne?? Transonic aslında düşük top bir lol. Yaklaşık 40 metre hızla giden bir uçağı gözlerinizle görebilirsiniz.

Önemli değil. Görüş alanınızda olup bitenleri, duygularınıza rağmen sizin tarafınızdan görülüyor.
and I want to say that this is a huge outlier

People can easily get distracted even when they're watching an intense sport like boxing, and they'd notice someone running through the long corridors of a ring, especially if it's a legendary character with shiny blonde hair like J.
Not that it matters, since they're normal humans.

However, this ignores that K, Boss, Peter, as well as the Referee were present during this match. Who all should've seen J coming due to being superhuman boxers themselves (excluding the Referee), but they were also taken aback when he showed up.

People can easily get distracted even when they're watching an intense sport like boxing, and they'd notice someone running through the long corridors of a ring, especially if it's a legendary character with shiny blonde hair like J.
Not that it matters, since they're normal humans.

However, this ignores that K, Boss, Peter, as well as the Referee were present during this match. Who all should've seen J coming due to being superhuman boxers themselves (excluding the Referee), but they were also taken aback when he showed up.
First I should say this is an outlier, all other calculations are subsonic, just 1 subsonic + calc, when I use actual distance it becomes Subsonic.

Subsonic
Subsonic
Subsonic
Supersonic+ (close to hypersonic)💀

This is a really big outlier.

Coming to what you said, no, you are wrong. Frankly, when I watch a very interesting boxing match, I do not notice what is happening next to me.

As supportive evidence I might add that K for some brief moments could even see bullets as frozen in time tho it's not outright reaction, I know; the author presents it as a thing that happens only in certain instances and for many reasons, tho in one K kinda moves his eye to follow the bullet so might as well count as reaction, I wouldn't take this as main reason but yeah just saying.

As supportive evidence I might add that K for some brief moments could even see bullets as frozen in time tho it's not outright reaction, I know; the author presents it as a thing that happens only in certain instances and for many reasons, tho in one K kinda moves his eye to follow the bullet so might as well count as reaction, I wouldn't take this as main reason but yeah just saying.
K has only seen the bullet frozen once and when we calculate it it comes out as Massively Hypersonic which would be a huge outlier

First I should say this is an outlier, all other calculations are subsonic, just 1 subsonic + calc, when I use actual distance it becomes Subsonic.

Subsonic
Subsonic
Subsonic
Supersonic+ (close to hypersonic)💀

This is a really big outlier.

Coming to what you said, no, you are wrong. Frankly, when I watch a very interesting boxing match, I do not notice what is happening next to me.
Supersonic+ isn't an outlier when Yu can blitz characters who can perform sub+ feats and the other sub feats are casual feats + a big jump is not necessarily an outlier especially since this feat only scales to the god tier of the verse which are Yu, J and Aaron while the sub-sub+ feats are performed by far weaker characters.

Outlier in what way? There's no anti-feats, and it isn't an over-the-top feat for the verse, considering transonic is just two levels above subsonic.
Good for you, except you do not represent every other person in the audience.

Supersonic+ isn't an outlier when Yu can blitz characters who can perform sub+ feats and the other sub feats are casual feats + a big jump is not necessarily an outlier especially since this feat only scales to the god tier of the verse which are Yu, J and Aaron while the sub-sub+ feats are performed by far weaker characters.
There are no subsonic+ feats for characters, only subsonic achievements

and the fact that J is 22 times faster than Jean is a real outlier

Oh yeah right I forgot to change it to half. My B. Either way Viktor is still subsonic and he still got blitzed to hell by Yu even with maximum unluckiness.

Yeah the guy who can casually blitz subsonics and the guy who could parry his punches scaling to a higher speed is very much nothing out of the ordinary. Additionally outliers are more often specific to verses with many MANY feats. This verse doesn't have that many properly calculable feats or ones that calc members wouldn't whine about for no reason so in the end it being an outlier makes 0 sense.

Good for you, except you do not represent every other person in the audience.
Understand what I'm saying, when you focus on something with all your strength, you may not be able to see the people passing by you.
Outlier in what way? There's no anti-feats, and it isn't an over-the-top feat for the verse, considering transonic is just two levels above subsonic.

are you kidding me? It's really an exaggeration that J is 22 times faster than Jean.
Are you kidding me? The fact that he is 22 times faster than J jean is really an exaggeration and Yu doesn't even have another Supersonic+ feat, he only has a Subsonic feat while fighting Aaron, I proved that he is an outlier from here.

Back