• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tbh this is the best Powerless Clark fight I've seen. Depowered Thor isn't a bad hand to hand combatant, but I'm in favour of Clark here. He's had to deal with being powerless on several occassions and has gotten used to having to fight like this. Sure, it's not ideal, but he's worked with what he's got. Basically, unlike Thor, he's got more experience fighting while powerless. He's also far smarter and has enough stamina to last this fight. He's pretty persistent.

Giving this to Clark Kent.

Thor. Easily. Look, Clark by his Blur stage is a pretty good hand to hand fighter, but Thor has 1500 years of training and experience in both armed and unarmed combat. Not only does he beat a whole squad of SHIELD Agents - combat trained professionals in their own fight, very highly trained as Coulson says and Agents of SHIELD (plus some of the shorts, like 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To Thor's Hammer') demonstrates - he made them "look like a bunch of minimum wage mall cops" to use Coulson's words. He didn't show a sign of even being bruised after that fight.

While it's not as balletic to watch, that's arguably an even better combat performance than Black Widow's hallway fight against Hammer Industries' security, considering that none of them really got a good grip on him and he was completely unarmed. It is as effective as it is brutal, and Clark is going to get the spit beaten out of him.

Qawsedf234, that steel chain feat was with a remarkably sharp blade, which negates it as a strength feat. As for the archery... yeah, that's a bit ridiculous, and defies the laws of physics - though I would put that more down to it being a trick arrow than draw strength. However, I direct you to the part in the SHIELD fight sequence where Thor jumps into the air, coils up, and kicks a man who must weigh at least 300 pounds several feet through the air, knocking him out in a single blow. I'd say that, for raw power, that is at least comparable.

Qawsedf234, that steel chain feat was with a remarkably sharp blade, which negates it as a strength feat.

Its a steel chain holding an engine. Even if the blade is sharp, it would need a lot of energy behind it to cut it they way it did. Though I will agree the sword mitigates it as a strength feat, but its superhuman either way.

As for the archery... yeah, that's a bit ridiculous, and defies the laws of physics

Bullet timing and the vast majority of feats are physically impossible. We gotta accept that fiction is unrealistic sometimes.

though I would put that more down to it being a trick arrow than draw strength.

While GA has trick arrows, that isn't one of them. Its just a normal arrow.

However, I direct you to the part in the SHIELD fight sequence where Thor jumps into the air, coils up, and kicks a man who must weigh at least 300 pounds several feet through the air, knocking him out in a single blow

Well some issues here with that descriptio

• Thor had previously hit the man multiple times
  • Thor did not knock the man out with the kick
  • The guard did not fly several feet through the air. Or at least not nearly the same distance Clark's far worse kick to the assassin.

Its a steel chain holding an engine. Even if the blade is sharp, it would need a lot of energy behind it to cut it they way it did. Though I will agree the sword mitigates it as a strength feat, but its superhuman either way.

I disagree. I've seen similarly heavy objects held up by rope - it's a matter of leverage and pulleys.

While GA has trick arrows, that isn't one of them. Its just a normal arrow.

The green smoke pouring out of it afterwards would disagree with you.

Okay, re that fight, I misremembered some parts. However, Thor was kicking from mid-air, and landing a blow to the upper torso that laid him out flat. Unless Clark was also in mid-air, his is not more impressive, because he had the ground to brace against and provide resistance. Thor, by contrast, had neither ground nor resistance to work with, and was jumping straight up, not forward (so momentum wasn't helping him), thereby signficantly reducing the force he could bring to bear. Anything short of bouncing off is pretty impressive, much less effectively incapacitating (albeit not ko'ing) a similarly sized, if not larger, combat trained opponent.

Plus, Thor beat up 9 guys, all his size, all combat trained, in less than two minutes and barely got a minor cut out of it - and that was while he was actively avoiding fights. That's no small thing.

The green smoke pouring out of it afterwards would disagree with you.

Its a knock out gas arrow, but its not stronger or anything. His normal arrows also do the same thing rather consistently.

However, Thor was kicking from mid-air, and landing a blow to the upper torso that laid him out flat. Unless Clark was also in mid-air, his is not more impressive

Thor with his entire body and the floor being muddy sent the man a few feet back. Clark on solid ground sent a person multiple feet high in the air with one leg. Its more impressive strength wise.

Yeah, honestly, Clark takes a clear strength advantage here. Even with Thor's skill, it's likely that Clark overpowers him fairly easily

I'd also like to note that the assassin getting hit by the engine and sent through that wall is pretty notable as well

Back