• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(MCU) fat Thor is pre L&T prime Thor

Fat Thor is not weaker then IW Thor or ragnarok Thor
9219618-6c737e14-cfbd-4573-a32f-a698baa272c4.jpeg

Here we have a statement by Russo bros when asked if he got weaker they flat out say no he’s stronger then ever by the final fight of endgame

Then we have a statement from one of the screenwriters saying
(While Thor’s larger appearance is initially used for comedy, the screenwriters defended the choice by saying Thor’s weight is never the obstacle the character has to overcome. Thor’s arc in “Endgame” is about pushing forward emotionally and not obsessing over his weight gain. As Markus said, “We fix his problem [at the end of the film], and it’s not his weight. I know some people are sensitive about some of the humor that comes from it, which I understand. But our issue that we wanted him to deal with was his emotional state that his mom addresses. And I think he is the ideal Thor at the end of the movie, and he’s carrying some weight.”)

They flat out state that his weight was never the issue just his mental state if he was truly intended to be some much weaker version then they would mention it instead they say he’s the ideal Thor just carry some weight anyway the intent is clear in that the Endgame writers didn't think Thor was portrayed as weaker he was just emotionally sad and fat at start But it was an emotional response and not a physical or skill one.

Another piece of evidence is from the official guide wakanda files

8955146-0b64b3e2-18c8-4469-96e9-20674dc06caa.jpeg

This says that these godly weapons that share a telekinetic link with Thor magnifies his abilities Thor power/abilities include strength we know this because when Odin strips Thor of his power he loses not only his lighting but also his physical abilities What if season 2 only proves my point when Odin says word by word to hela (I now take from you your power) then she was so weak that a punch from a regular soldier in wenwu army made her bleed Thor was armed with both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker in the final battle against thanos meaning he’d be getting a double amp which goes along with the Russo bros saying he’s stronger then ever

Finally the justification for him being physically weaker is a actor statement which shouldn’t take priority over guide book and statements over the Russo bros and screenwriters not only because actor statements are least form of canon but actor statements in the mcu that has been said before are goofy and make things worse he never actually says he’s weaker he says mentally he’s not himself and says his fat body is not his usual jacked self he doesn’t say my character was weaker or anything like that he’s specifically talking about his fat body

-conclusion I think him being weaker should be stripped from his profile instead have it say he’s stronger

Last edited:
I don’t remember there ever being a CRT to have Endgame Thor be noted as weaker on his profile so I don’t know why that’s there.

Edit: NVM found the thread, imo I don’t think there’s really a difference between Thor in IW and Endgame

I don’t remember there ever being a CRT to have Endgame Thor be noted as weaker on his profile so I don’t know why that’s there.

Edit: NVM found the thread, imo I don’t think there’s really a difference between Thor in IW and Endgame
No proof IW can replicate endgame thor feats against thanos and according to wog +guide he’s stronger

Last edited:
No proof IW can replicate endgame thor feats against thanos and according to wog +guide he’s stronger
Well I agree with the thread but I don’t think we should do anything like add a new key, just change up Thors justifications a bit.

Well I agree with the thread but I don’t think we should do anything like add a new key, just change up Thors justifications a bit.
It Isn’t to add a new key it’s to strip that he’s weaker instead say something that he’s stronger

I agree. By the way, does anyone know what happened to @Marvel_Champion_07? He would have agreed with this thread. His profile on Fandom shows that he's blocked and the one on this forum is inaccessible for some reason. He also retired from being a Content Moderator it seems.

I agree. By the way, does anyone know what happened to @Marvel_Champion_07? He would have agreed with this thread. His profile on Fandom shows that he's blocked and the one on this forum is inaccessible for some reason. He also retired from being a Content Moderator it seems.
He would’ve disagreed pretty sure he was the one who made the crt to say fat Thor was weaker

He's flat out retired and requested to be blocked.

Back