• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Big Bleach Speed CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage is correct, I recall we had multiple discussions where the same thing was brought up and where the same practice is done.

I find it interesting how 4 staff can disagree that Ichigo swatted away all the petals but there is a panel of Byakuya saying he did. 🤔
What we disagree with is the method. The end result is still the same.

If there a line of bowling pins, and I roll a bowling ball at them and they all go down... Then you could say I "knocked over all the pins", but I didn't have to hit each individual pin to do so.

What we disagree with is the method. The end result is still the same.

If there a line of bowling pins, and I roll a bowling ball at them and they all go down... Then you could say I "knocked over all the pins", but I didn't have to hit each individual pin to do so.
That's a bad analogy. The bowling pins are being hit by something much larger than they are and they are in a stationary position, not to mention that they are long and thick as well..The petal blades are being hit by a daito while both of them are moving in different directions. The only feat similar that comes to mind is Vergil and Dante slicing raindrops

That's a bad analogy. The bowling pins are being hit by something much larger than they are and they are in a stationary position, not to mention that they are long and thick as well..The petal blades are being hit by a daito while both of them are moving in different directions. The only feat similar to this is Vergil and Dante slicing raindrops
It's just an analogy. Not an exact 1 to 1 comparison. The point is still there.

You legit argued shockwaves. We’ve seen this move several times in multiple sources including games and I don’t recall a single shockwave whilst he’s using that particular attack.

This bowling analogy doesn’t work here at all. You lined them up so obviously you’d knock em down like dominos. We’re talking about a 360 attack here.

I find it interesting how 4 staff can disagree that Ichigo swatted away all the petals but there is a panel of Byakuya saying he did. 🤔
You legit argued shockwaves. We’ve seen this move several times in multiple sources including games and I don’t recall a single shockwave whilst he’s using that particular attack.

This bowling analogy doesn’t work here at all. You lined them up so obviously you’d knock em down like dominos. We’re talking about a 360 attack here.
🙃 yep.

Actually, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi displays the capability to block Tensa Zangetsu. So assuming Ichigo can slice through cross-sections of the petals is a bit disingenuous here. In fact this panel below supports my original calc being more accurate. Ichigo never displays the ability to cut the individual petals in two (something that must be assumed for the cross-sectional cutting to be true), if he did that would mean Byakuya's Bankai would have an increase in petals, since you can't fix a Bankai. That would mean using Byakuya's statement, we can't calc using cross-sections because that is blatantly wrong. What's your rebuttal for this @Damage3245 ?

Last edited:
@Damage3245 here's it recalc'd using cross-sectional petal method.

The new version of the calc is better. I'll do a bit of research to see if that is the best way of calcing it, or if it can be improved.

@Sigurd; I don't think you understand what I meant by shockwave. The force of Ichigo's blows would send the petals back through the mass of Senbonzakura, knocking away petals that he hadn't even touched. That is what I was trying to stress.

@Dangai Ichigo; you clearly have no idea what an analogy is. I don't know why I'm even speaking to you.

@Tyri456; yes.

I don't think you understand what I meant by shockwave. The force of Ichigo's blows would send the petals back through the mass of Senbonzakura, knocking away petals that he hadn't even touched. That is what I was trying to stress.
Byakuya says Ichigo swatted away all the petals, meaning Ichigo's blade came in contact with all the petals, so this^ is false.

Byakuya says Ichigo swatted away all the petals, meaning Ichigo's blade came in contact with all the petals, so this^ is false.

No. I explained why this isn't necessarily the case.

Both could be argued it's literally up to interpretation. While I don't necessarily agree with the idea that each was swatted away, arguing that he did it by shockwaves seems to take more leaps than what is narratively and consistently implied by Kubo in multiple instances.

Both could be argued it's literally up to interpretation. While I don't necessarily agree with the idea that each was swatted away, arguing that he did it by shockwaves seems to take more leaps than what is narratively and consistently implied by Kubo in multiple instances.

Ignore the term "shockwaves" for a moment. Look at the other posts I've made.

Not really, when such small things are in such a condensed group naturally knocking away one would cause a chain reaction which knocks away others. It's one of the reasons the bowling analogy works because as the blade would physically touch and knockaway some of the petals other petals would most likely be struck by these already knocked away petals and be deflected in liue as well.

Simple physics really.

Regardless, which end are we accepting for the feat.

Mitch is in favor of the anime timeframe, so am I.

Not really, when such small things are in such a condensed group naturally knocking away one would cause a chain reaction which knocks away others. It's one of the reasons the bowling analogy works because as the blade would physically touch and knockaway some of the petals other petals would most likely be struck by these already knocked away petals and be deflected in liue as well.

Simple physics really.
Prove that other petals were knocked away as such, because Byakuya says Ichigo hit all petals, not that Ichigo hit some petals which chain reaction hit more petals. Keep in mind Byakuya mentally controls all the petals so they aren't just going to fall away after impact like a bowling pin, Byakuya isn't going to relinquish their pursuit of Ichigo of his own volition.

Simple physics really.
A petal isn't nearly the same as a bowling ball. If a bunch of papers falls out of the sky and you knock one away, the paper won't just go flying into another piece of paper.

Simple physics really.
Thank you! Somebody gets it.

Prove that other petals were knocked away as such, because Byakuya says Ichigo hit all petals, not that Ichigo hit some petals which chain reaction hit more petals.
Byakuya never says Ichigo hit every individual petal.

This is an unsupported claim. We see in the anime as well he swats them all. Byakuya can control every single petal he was in shock Ichigo deflected them all. Not some ridiculous chain reaction.

Simple physics really.
At best for this side you can interpret it as his blade cut through/hit multiple at once in a line each time he swung, but like I said there is also support for the counter.

Here Damage,

Cambridge dictionary defines all as "every one of"
Meaning when Byakuya says "Ichigo swatted away all of the petals" he is saying "Ichigo swatted away every one of the petals"

Here Damage,

Cambridge dictionary defines all as "every one of"
Meaning when Byakuya says "Ichigo swatted away all of the petals" he is saying "Ichigo swatted away every one of the petals"

Look at the other definition in your link:

"the whole (of)".

Ichigo deflected the whole of Byakuya's Senbonzakura but that doesn't require needing to hit each one individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back