• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Big Bleach Speed CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Damage3245 the feat is extremely simple.

Hole in wall exists -> Aaroniero notices hole in wall, but light hasn't touched him yet, as indicated by Kubo's intentional shading -> Aaroniero moves before the light reaches the ground.

Jumping through these mental gymnastics to say, "he heard it before light entered so he can dodge" is just an assumption and attempt to downplay.

We have three panels that are very clear cut, and they show that he doesn't move until post hole formation, then they also show that he moves before light hits the ground.

To argue Aaroniero dodged the sunlight you don't have to make any assumptions you just have to follow the panel structure. What's even better is that the narrative wholeheartedly supports the light not hitting Aaroniero. Hell Rukia deemed it necessary that she immobilize Aaroniero before being able to realistically tag him with sunlight. To assert otherwise requires assuming stuff like he heard the rocks fall and moved before the hole formed (contradicted by the panel structure) or other wacky stuff. Why are we making such assumptions, when there isn't room for personal interpretation. Hole -> dodge -> light hits ground, simple, easy, breezy, covergirl.

@Arc7Kuroi; the shading can't be used as solid evidence.

I've pointed out there is a timeframe between the hole first being formed, and Aaroniero moving. About six panel's worth of time which actually has things happening in them.

The current calc assumes that the light just waited just outside the hole until Aaronerio started moving out of the way.

the shading can't be used as solid evidence.
Absolutely it can. Earlier Kubo didn't use shading because there was no light source in the room so he didn't need to differentiate between what was dark or light, because everything is dark. Now that there is a light source, Kubo indicates what is shadowed or illuminated by shading Aaroniero.

I've pointed out there is a timeframe between the hole first being formed, and Aaroniero moving. About six panel's worth of time which actually has things happening in them.
The only panels that matter are these top 3: https://s1.mangabeast01.com/manga/Bleach/0266-012.png
Hole forms -> Aaroniero moves -> light hits the ground. Your whole rocks falling argument doesn't matter, Aaroniero moves AFTER the hole forms.

The current calc assumes that the light just waited just outside the hole until Aaronerio started moving out of the way.
Not at all, the current calc assumes light was able to enter once we see the hole form. Then it acknowledges that Aaroniero didn't move until after the hole formed.

We're going to go round in circles again, I can see.

I'll leave this be until I've updated the current sandbox. I should have some time in a couple hours to do that.

@Damage3245 you quite literally are arguing that shading doesn't indicate shadows in a scene where the focus of the scene is light. Am I the only one who finds that to be reaching beyond the stars in an attempt to discredit the calc?

We're going to go round in circles again, I can see.

I'll leave this be until I've updated the current sandbox. I should have some time in a couple hours to do that.
You: "despite Kubo intentionally shading Aaroniero, I assert that Aaroniero was illuminated in the scene"
Also you: "Aaroniero clearly moved before the rocks fell out of the way, despite us seeing the hole existing prior to Aaroniero moving"
Me: "We see a hole appear that lets light in, after that we see Aaroniero move away, and after that we see light hit the ground. Logical progression of events: light enters hole -> Aaroniero evades -> light hits ground."

@Arc7Kuroi; there you go, putting words in my mouth.

You: "despite Kubo intentionally shading Aaroniero, I assert that Aaroniero was illuminated in the scene"

What I said was that the shading does not prove shadows. Shading is used multiple times by Kubo and does not mean he is trying to highlight the character is in shadows... You're assuming the author's intent, when all I'm saying is that it can't be taken as solid evidence.

Also you: "Aaroniero clearly moved before the rocks fell out of the way, despite us seeing the hole existing prior to Aaroniero moving"

The hole existing =/= the hole is fully formed. You can see the difference between the rocks falling on that panel, and the hole later being fully formed after the rocks fell out of the way.

Not at all, the current calc assumes light was able to enter once we see the hole form. Then it acknowledges that Aaroniero didn't move until after the hole formed.

Not sure what else to tell you other than you're wrong. The calc assumes light doesn't enter the room until Aaroniero starts moving.

D = 16.27 meters

That is the distance between the hole and Rukia in the calc.

Time = 5.427087e-8 seconds

The is the time taken for the light to reach Rukia from the hole.

This is also the time it is assumed for Aaroniero to move from where is assumed to be standing to the edge of where the light is shining through from the hole.

Therefore the calc assumes that the light didn't start travelling from the hole until Aaroniero started moving.

Let me nip this shading means nothing bullshit in the bud.

On page 11, lower left panel, the panel right before the hole forms, that is where Kubo initially shades and darkens Aaroniero's person. Why does this matter? This means that Aaroniero wasn't shaded for "dramatic effect" in the top left panel on page 12, because he was shaded prior to that. What this means is that Kubo is trying to convey to us that in a scene where sunlight is the primary focus of the scene, Aaroniero is not illuminated. The "but but but Aaroniero wasn't shaded for every single instance he was in the dark room" argument isn't a valid argument. Kubo had no need to distinguish between who's in shadows vs who's illuminated because by showing the characters initially walk into a pitch dark room we as readers can put two and two together and understand that the characters are cloaked in darkness. However, once Kubo introduces a light source into the mix how do we tell who's illuminated or not? We tell this by the visuals he provides, which is that of a shadowed Aaroniero. To further drive home that Aaroniero is in the shadows, the only background we see in the panel where Aaroniero looks towards the hole is black, further emphasizing that he's still protected by darkness in this scene.

Now I know damage might still be skeptical so let me point out a few scenes in which Aaroniero isn't shaded and explain why he doesn't need to be shaded for us to know he's in darkness.

Aaroniero on the ledge after evading sunlight: we are directly told that he moved out of the way so we already know he isn't in the light thus Kubo doesn't need to shade to tell us that.

Aaroniero breaks the binding spell and moves behind Rukia transforming back into Kaien: we are shown that Aaroniero leaped into the shadow behind Rukia so we already know he's in the shadows thus Kubo doesn't need to shade to tell us that.

Prior to the wall breaking: we see Aaroniero and Rukia walk into a dark room so we already know they aren't illuminated thus Kubo needs not shade them to tell us that.

What I said was that the shading does not prove shadows. Shading is used multiple times by Kubo and does not mean he is trying to highlight the character is in shadows... You're assuming the author's intent, when all I'm saying is that it can't be taken as solid evidence.
I gave an in depth breakdown on how illogical this truly is in my previous post.

The hole existing =/= the hole is fully formed. You can see the difference between the rocks falling on that panel, and the hole later being fully formed after the rocks fell out of the way.
I already traced out the T-shape and projected it onto the ground to prove that T-shaped hole allowed light in at an angle to hit Aaroniero... My guy the T-shaped hole is all that's needed for light to have a direct route to Aaroniero.

Not sure what else to tell you other than you're wrong. The calc assumes light doesn't enter the room until Aaroniero starts moving.
No what the calc does is say that Aaroniero moved 'x' distance in the same time it would take light to reach a point right before Aaroniero's initial position. It does not assume "light waited" the calc does this: Aaroniero moved at least 'x' in the same time light moved 'y'

If you'd like I can find the distance from the hole to the top of Aaroniero's head as that would be a more accurate distance than the ground, because the time it took the light to hit the ground would actually make Aaroniero seem slower.

Light enters the room before Aaroniero starts moving, but it's impossible to tell how much it entered before he starts moving, so think of the calc as more of a Aaroniero's at least the value of the calc.

Last edited:
No what the calc does is say that Aaroniero moved 'x' distance in the same time it would take light to reach a point right before Aaroniero's initial position. It does not assume "light waited" the calc does this: Aaroniero moved at least 'x' in the same time light moved 'y'

You've basically just repeated what I said for why the calc is wrong.

You've basically just repeated what I said for why the calc is wrong.
So you're only issue is then that because the calc is a bit of a lowball since it is harder to find the Aaroniero to hole distance it should be disregarded? If that's the case it doesn't change the fact that Aaroniero is still at least that fast, and to then have him rated slower is a greater inaccuracy.

Because by saying Aaroniero moved at least 'x' in the time light moved 'y' we get an absolute minimum for Aaroniero's speed, since the slowest result of the calc would be that he dodged as soon as light entered the hole, being that the hole forms first then he moves.

The only other issue of the calc being that it has Aaroniero moving in the wrong direction but that's an easy fix.

So you're only issue is then that because the calc is a bit of a lowball since it is harder to find the Aaroniero to hole distance it should be disregarded? If that's the case it doesn't change the fact that Aaroniero is still at least that fast, and to then have him rated slower is a greater inaccuracy.

No. That's far from my only issue, but it is a relevent issue.

And it is not a fact that Aaroniero is at least the fast. A calc existing does not define his speed as a fact.

No. That's far from my only issue, but it is a relevent issue.
Your issue of hearing the rocks fall and Aaroniero moving before the light can enter the hole is blatantly wrong, refuted by the panels.

Your issue of shading meaning nothing I've refuted in depth multiple times.

And it is not a fact that Aaroniero is at least the fast. A calc existing does not define his speed as a fact.
This is you being picky, I'm speaking for the vacuum of the calc. That based on the calc he would be at least that fast. If the author came out and said Aaroniero is a billion times FTL or that he's only a 10 times the speed of sound, then that would be more akin to fact as you're speaking on it.

"Refuted by the panels." Which panels?
The top 3 of page 12 chapter 266. Hole forms with light in it -> Aaroniero notices -> Aaroniero moves before light hits him. Maybe you're confused because manga reads backwards from English so you think the hole formed after Aaroniero notices

I think that the hole didnt formed when the blast hit the wall, in fact we do not see the blast going through the wall, we onlly see smokes/impact wave or blast residuals.

The sound he heard is the wall start cracking from the impact (but still intact), after that, the wall start crumbles.

light start enters into the room because the wall crumbled.

He (still in the shadow) saw the light coming at him.

This is my interpretation, at least.

The sound he heard is the wall start cracking from the impact (but still intact), after that, the wall start crumbles.

light start enters into the room because the wall crumbled.

He (still in the shadow) saw the light coming at him.

How much time would have passed from the wall starting to crumble to where they ended up on that panel?

How much time would have passed from the wall starting to crumble to where they ended up on that panel?
My guy this does not matter at all. Stop bringing it up like it's some important show stopper.

Hole exists -> Aaroniero notices -> he dodges before light hits him.

Why does it matter how long it took the hole to form when we know that at bare minimum it existed right before Aaroniero dodged.

I wasn't asking you.
I don't care. You wait until someone brings up something you can latch onto like a leach. You can't refute me, concede already. Whenever you get pushed into a corner you just wait until someone says something that allows you to ignore what's pushing you into a corner.

You can't refute this ^ how many times til it gets through your thick skull: hole forms letting light in -> Aaroniero notices -> he dodges before light hits him. It actually makes no difference when the rocks fall since I can prove the T-shape provides a direct path to Aaroniero.

My guy this does not matter at all. Stop bringing it up like it's some important show stopper.

Hole exists -> Aaroniero notices -> he dodges before light hits him.

Why does it matter how long it took the hole to form when we know that at bare minimum it existed right before Aaroniero dodged.
It matters because the fragments are still blocking the Light from entering the room. This isn't rocket science my guy, its common sense. Light cannot fill a space if something is blocking it. Light would not have filled that limited space until all fragments were gone thus him noticing them falling away and moving before light can hit is extremely valid because duh....common sense.

So no, its not: Hole Exists -> He Notices -> Dodges before Lights Hit him.

Its: Hole is "Forming" -> He Notices -> Moves before Light can hit him.

It matters because the fragments are still blocking the Light from entering the room. This isn't rocket science my guy, its common sense. If Light cannot fill a space if something is blocking it. Light would not have filled that limited space until all fragments were gone thus him noticing them falling away and moving before light can hit is extremely valid because duh....common sense.
I quite literally provided evidence showing that the T-shaped hole is all that's need, in the fact the upper part of the T is all that matters, and when we see the hole there are no rocks falling that could obscure the upper part of the T.

It's maybe a page or two back, so I don't blame you if you missed it.

I quite literally provided evidence showing that the T-shaped hole is all that's need, in the fact the upper part of the T is all that matters, and when we see the hole there are no rocks falling that could obscure the upper part of the T.

It's maybe a page or two back, so I don't blame you if you missed it.
Saying the "T" that formed first is enough is incredibly faulty when Majority of the hole is still covered. You have no evidence that Aaroniero was in the direct path of the "T" that formed. Especially when it is not a Majority of the hole.

Here's an outline of the top of the hole that initial formed, aka the part of the hole that couldn't be obscured by rocks since all the rocks in the scene are below this point already.

The red circle is where Rukia is, the blue circle is where Aaroniero was.

@TheFinalOrder here I show evidence that the top of the hole (that which initially forms and would be unobscured by falling rocks) is enough to reach Aaroniero.

Here we see no rocks can possibly obscure the top of this "T"

Here's an outline of the top of the hole that initial formed, aka the part of the hole that couldn't be obscured by rocks since all the rocks in the scene are below this point already.

The red circle is where Rukia is, the blue circle is where Aaroniero was.

@TheFinalOrder here I show evidence that the top of the hole (that which initially forms and would be unobscured by falling rocks) is enough to reach Aaroniero.

Here we see no rocks can possibly obscure the top of this "T"
I concede that he wasn't in the direct path. He was as you showed but here is the problem. I had to reread the chapter for full context but we know is disguise isn't instantly removed by the light.

For starters the panels shading of him noticing is not proof that he was still in Shadows before the light hit him. That point is negated by the fact that on that same page, Kubo has Rukia, who is in the light, fully shaded the same.

Second, there is another factor as well that make him "Dodging" the Light less likely and its rhe fact that he was surprised by Riku Jukoro unless you're going to now argue Riku Jukoro is innately FTL.

Given that we know the shading isn't proof of being in Shadow in that Scene still, given that we have proof of Aaroniero being Surprised by RJ and the fact that his disguise isn't instantly removed by Light, I cannot agree that he dodged Light Pouring into the room. It's more likely he simply moved out of the light whereas he couldn't later because he was restricted from moving.

For starters the panels shading of him noticing is not proof that he was still in Shadows before the light hit him. That point is negated by the fact that on that same page, Kubo has Rukia, who is in the light, fully shaded the same.
Let me nip this shading means nothing bullshit in the bud.

On page 11, lower left panel, the panel right before the hole forms, that is where Kubo initially shades and darkens Aaroniero's person. Why does this matter? This means that Aaroniero wasn't shaded for "dramatic effect" in the top left panel on page 12, because he was shaded prior to that. What this means is that Kubo is trying to convey to us that in a scene where sunlight is the primary focus of the scene, Aaroniero is not illuminated. The "but but but Aaroniero wasn't shaded for every single instance he was in the dark room" argument isn't a valid argument. Kubo had no need to distinguish between who's in shadows vs who's illuminated because by showing the characters initially walk into a pitch dark room we as readers can put two and two together and understand that the characters are cloaked in darkness. However, once Kubo introduces a light source into the mix how do we tell who's illuminated or not? We tell this by the visuals he provides, which is that of a shadowed Aaroniero. To further drive home that Aaroniero is in the shadows, the only background we see in the panel where Aaroniero looks towards the hole is black, further emphasizing that he's still protected by darkness in this scene.

Now I know damage might still be skeptical so let me point out a few scenes in which Aaroniero isn't shaded and explain why he doesn't need to be shaded for us to know he's in darkness.

Aaroniero on the ledge after evading sunlight: we are directly told that he moved out of the way so we already know he isn't in the light thus Kubo doesn't need to shade to tell us that.

Aaroniero breaks the binding spell and moves behind Rukia transforming back into Kaien: we are shown that Aaroniero leaped into the shadow behind Rukia so we already know he's in the shadows thus Kubo doesn't need to shade to tell us that.

Prior to the wall breaking: we see Aaroniero and Rukia walk into a dark room so we already know they aren't illuminated thus Kubo needs not shade them to tell us that.
This is my response to that.

Second, there is another factor as well that make him "Dodging" the Light less likely and its rhe fact that he was surprised by Riku Jukoro unless you're going to now argue Riku Jukoro is innately FTL.
Naw, because Aaroniero dodging sunlight is like Sub-Rel, and in that fight Rukia used a separate Kido to distract him first before hitting him with Riku Jukoro. Also, Riku Jukoro starts significantly closer to Aaroniero than the light did.

There is no democracy in Damages threads. Damage is acting like a dictator, as always. Let's not act like a witness to any threads created by Damage and wait until he finishes his revisions alone. We can create new threats on our own later.

Last edited:
This is my response to that.

Naw, because Aaroniero dodging sunlight is like Sub-Rel, and in that fight Rukia used a separate Kido to distract him first before hitting him with Riku Jukoro. Also, Riku Jukoro starts significantly closer to Aaroniero than the light did.
First Point: You're assuming Authors Intent. It doesn't really matter if you're correct or not but in that Scene, Kubo is inconsistent. Rukia who is in the Light is still shaded same as Aaroniero. You can't arguing the Shading Matters for XYZ and in the Same Page/Chapter argue that it doesn't matter whether or not X character is Shaded.

Second Point: Your argument makes no sense. You're arguing that Aaroniero was distracted by a slower ability which is why he was surprised by RJ but then are also arguing he dodged Sunlight after noticing a Hole Had formed where he was previously focusing on his Monologue to Rukia.

You're arguments are contradicting what's shown to happen in the Manga.

Yeah, let the staff sort this out. To me, this entire argument is unreliable and contradictory.

First Point: You're assuming Authors Intent. It doesn't really matter if you're correct or not but in that Scene, Kubo is inconsistent. Rukia who is in the Light is still shaded same as Aaroniero. You can't arguing the Shading Matters for XYZ and in the Same Page/Chapter argue that it doesn't matter whether or not X character is Shaded.
At this point I'd be repeating myself. Kubo introduces a light source into the scene, so the logical way of showing who is in that light or not would be to shade characters.

Second Point: Your argument makes no sense. You're arguing that Aaroniero was distracted by a slower ability which is why he was surprised by RJ but then are also arguing he dodged Sunlight after noticing a Hole Had formed where he was previously focusing on his Monologue to Rukia.

Yeah, let the staff sort this out. To me, this entire argument is unreliable and contradictory.
Who said Riku Jokuro is slower? Why does it have to be slower? Aaroniero literally sat there waiting to see what Rukia was going to do. All I said was Riku Jokuro doesn;t have to be inherently any speed to hit Aaroniero because he was distracted, and it really seemed like he wasn't expecting Rukia to blow another hole in the wall (maybe due to PIS). So asserting Riku Jokuro is slower is a baseless argument.

It really appears that the only wall standing between the calc and the calc getting accepted is if Aaroniero truly was shaded in that one panel.

I've gotten people to concede on the initial hole formed can't make it so that light would be aimed at Aaroniero, and it's indisputable that Aaroniero moved after that hole appeared (literally what the panels show).

So the last remaining point of contention is this: does Aaroniero's face being shaded in mean light hadn't reached him yet?

Here's my refutation for damage's shading argument:
"Let me nip this shading means nothing bullshit in the bud.

https://s1.mangabeast01.com/manga/Bleach/0266-011.png

https://s1.mangabeast01.com/manga/Bleach/0266-012.png

Prior to the wall breaking: we see Aaroniero and Rukia walk into a dark room so we already know they aren't illuminated thus Kubo needs not shade them to tell us that."

So I guess if we want to have staff vote on if the shading means Aaroniero is in shadows or it means he's illuminated, I'm fine with that. If they assert shading = illuminated then so be it, I can't do anything about that. However, the other points about the rocks and the trajectory of the light being counters to the calc, I've directly debunked. No point further arguing if all the staff go with the shading = illuminated interpretation.

@Jvando @Shadowbokunohero @Warren_Valion @AKM sama (sorry if I left anyone out) if you guys wanna vote on the shading thing, so we can move on that'd be awesome. If you have new points regarding non-shading arguments you feel have yet to be addressed and feel they matter to the calc shoot the ***** for that.

You are assuming there was no Author intent. Rukia has the high ground.

You are assuming Rukia is slower than Aaroniero, light, Negacion, and Hisagi.

You have provided no evidence for any of the "arguments" you have claimed.

@Arc7Kuroi; you've never once actually debunked my point about the rocks falling and Aaroniero reacting to the sounds of the rocks falling.

Let us break it down a bit; the hole was formed on the 3rd panel of this page, correct?
Yes that is when the attack burst through the wall. The thing is anything that happens prior to the three panels involving the feat don't matter for the feat, because we see what state the hole is in prior to Aaroniero dodging.

However, here we see Aaroniero doesn't move until that T-shaped hole appears, in which I proved that hole can let light reach Aaroniero.

Jokes aside. Answer me.

1. Was the arrow shot after the sun began to come out?
0672-008.png
0672-009.png

2. Did the arrow hit the sword before the sun rays?
0672-010.png

Is simple.
I'm still waiting. Ironic, isn't it? The distance for the calc.

5CnLFxb.png

Last edited:
Yes that is when the attack burst through the wall. The thing is anything that happens prior to the three panels involving the feat don't matter for the feat, because we see what state the hole is in prior to Aaroniero dodging.

However, here we see Aaroniero doesn't move until that T-shaped hole appears, in which I proved that hole can let light reach Aaroniero.

It is extremely relevant. The light would enter the room immediately upon the hole being created.

There is a timeframe between that hole being created on that page, and Aaroniero moving on the next page. In that timefrae, Aaroniero hears the sounds of rubble falling behind him.

Did the sound travel faster than the light?

It is extremely relevant. The light would enter the room immediately upon the hole being created.
Not inherently, light wouldn't begin entering until that T-shape forms and the dust settles. So, the first point where we can objectively say light entered is when we see the T-shaped hole.

There is a timeframe between that hole being created on that page, and Aaroniero moving on the next page. In that timefrae, Aaroniero hears the sounds of rubble falling behind him.

Did the sound travel faster than the light?
Rukia fires beam -> big noise -> lots of dust and debris -> Aaroniero hears -> debris settles and we see the hole -> Aaroniero turns around and sees the hole -> Aaroniero dodges

Because we only see the hole formed in the panel with the T-shaped hole, we can't assume light entered before or after, we can only objectively state that light enters the room when we see that the hole is not obscured.

Rukia fires beam -> big noise -> lots of dust and debris -> Aaroniero hears -> debris settles and we see the hole -> Aaroniero turns around and sees the hole -> Aaroniero dodges

When, during this process, does the first photon enter the room? Between which steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back