• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Big Bleach Speed CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
No me bringing up that statement doesn't support your point. It supports the point that it is the amp that Ichigo's bankai gave him in terms of speed that made the feat possible. Please do not twist my words.
And frankly Moderators are supporting you and not you point. Those who support your point gave their argument which was just wrong. So to say None of those votes counts.
This will go on until you realize that saying maybe and possibly will not deny a calc that is based on facts, feats and statement.

@Arc7Kuroi; you're not even agreeing with the visuals you're pointing out since your calc puts it as Ichigo deflecting over a thousand petals with every swing, but you're insisting that the visuals only show Ichigo deflecting a handful of petals with dozens of swings.

Man, I honestly don't even know why they try to argue yet, no matter how right you are or not, in the end what will really define will be what the "superiors" say, so this is a big waste of time.

@Arc7Kuroi; you're not even agreeing with the visuals you're pointing out since your calc puts it as Ichigo deflecting over a thousand petals with every swing, but you're insisting that the visuals only show Ichigo deflecting a handful of petals with dozens of swings.
Cool so we agree that I should calc it for Ichigo cutting less petals per swing then?

You are agreeing that visually we are being shown Ichigo cutting a lesser amount of petals per swing, so in actuality your calc is worse than mine, since mine is a lowball of what is actually happening.

How about the petals are lined up long ways, which would make sense since that way they'd be aimed at Ichigo with the sharp ends.

Cool so we agree that I should calc it for Ichigo cutting less petals per swing then?

How about the petals are lined up long ways, which would make sense since that way they'd be aimed at Ichigo with the sharp ends.
You can calc it however you see fit.

@Duedate8898 And yet most of them haven't commented in two pages.

Dark and AKM have popped in and out to say a few things, Shadow was defending Damage's argument for a bit, but that's dwindled down when the counter arguments were presented.

I really don't want to participate in this thread any further, but I'm not just going to ignore your tag.

@USklaverei Biggest flaw with this site honestly, I do enjoy this place, but the fact that what regular members say matters little in comparison to what a staff member says, it disappoints me.

Kubo: draws Ichigo swatting away only dozens of petals at a time.

Damage: "clearly Ichigo swatted away MASSIVE CHUNKS of the petal pillars with each swing"

This ^ is dumb.

@Damage3245 The only reason I lowballed my calc insanely to Ichigo shaving off ~1000 petals per swing was because I know this site prefers massive low-ends, so I figured I'd appease the system, but it's kind of clear you don't care about what's most accurate for the series and just want to close the thread.

To me, the scan looks to be showing an Incredibly thick layer of petals that blocked Ichigo’s 2 handed swing. To say that “those very same petals” blocked his two handed attack isn’t wrong, but some context is missing as the petals Ichigo hit in the image above were a bunch of petals grouped together to form a solid defense.

What I and Damage are saying is that more petals were carried along the path of Ichigo’s swing, not necessary as much as what comprised Byakuya’s defense. I’m not suggesting that Ichigo swatted away like 20 layers of petals with each swing

And keep in mind that Ichigo didn't even budge the thin wall of petals Byakuya made, let alone fully push through it throwing all the petals back like is being assumed.

I have been saying the same thing as Jvando that while Byakuya is defending the defence area has like 10 million petals in center blocking ichigo's attack while when he is attacking the same area has 100000 petals.
That is why Ichigo is able to swat them away with one arm with less AP then two handed swing.

@Arc7Kuroi

let's ignore the AP for a second, would you agree that Ichigo's feat in question is meant to highlight how much faster he is than Byakuya's senbon?

as in the feat from a narrative point of view is speed one no?

Kubo: draws Ichigo swatting away only dozens of petals at a time.

Damage: "clearly Ichigo swatted away MASSIVE CHUNKS of the petal pillars with each swing"

This ^ is dumb.
Not once has Damage or really anyone who supports his point said he's swiping away massive chunks with every swing. What's being argued here is that he doesn't have to strike every petal in order to deflect them like your side is saying.
Except that staff members word are not absolute as they can be wrong
And it's not about that, what's its about is that it keeps being repeated that damages points were disproved when it's clear that no one but the side trying to argue it agrees.

And it's not about that, what's its about is that it keeps being repeated that damages points were disproved when it's clear that no one but the side trying to argue it agrees.
Cus the other side is given arguments + panels while damage point relays on "maybe, possibly"

@Arc7Kuroi

let's ignore the AP for a second, would you agree that Ichigo's feat in question is meant to highlight how much faster he is than Byakuya's senbon?

I agree that it is a speed feat yes. That's all, it doesn't have to highlight Ichigo is faster than Byakuya as we already know that from the first attack.

So for your first question my answer is no.

For your second question, yes.

If anything narratively it highlights that Byakuya's viewpoints on how "it's impossible to go against the law" is a flawed viewpoint as Ichigo performs the impossible against Byakuya (the law).

In which the impossible is swatting away every single petal with the blade of Tensa Zangetsu.

There are 1000 petals that would come into contact with Ichigo's sword there would be a few more that would be swatted away. But at the end that is a small number. So we take mid end of the calc for more accuracy.
But what is being argued is that rather than sweeping away just 1000 at a time ichigo is sweeping away 10000 or more. That counts as a massive sweep.

@CloudStrife00T; actually in Arc's updated calc the number only comes to about 6309, not 10000 or more.

That's not exactly a huge, huge difference from the 1239 it was at before.

> I agree that it is a speed feat yes. That's all, it doesn't have to highlight Ichigo is faster than Byakuya as we already know that from the first attack.

I'm not arguing if IT HAS too but that if it does highlight that Ichigo is faster.

> If anything narratively it highlights that Byakuya's viewpoints on how "it's impossible to go against the law" is a flawed viewpoint as Ichigo performs the impossible against Byakuya (the law).

No this is a thematic point, not talking about those.

I am not good with the numbers and calcs so I have no idea about the technical side but I can understand it broadly If Arc is saying that Ichigo is sweeping 1 then you are saying he is sweeping 100.

> I agree that it is a speed feat yes. That's all, it doesn't have to highlight Ichigo is faster than Byakuya as we already know that from the first attack.

I'm not arguing if IT HAS too but that if it does highlight that Ichigo is faster.
It just highlights that Ichigo is fast that's all.

> If anything narratively it highlights that Byakuya's viewpoints on how "it's impossible to go against the law" is a flawed viewpoint as Ichigo performs the impossible against Byakuya (the law).

No this is a thematic point, not talking about those.
You asked for narrative, so I gave a narrative answer.

You already conceded that even ~1000 petals is too high number.
No? I'm 99% sure I did not.

I think that was in reference to your post regarding "Visually we only see Ichigo deflecting a tiny number of petals".

I will say this don't take my numbers seriously. Because those number are not to make sense and Is my way of saying there is X, Y, Z.

No? I'm 99% sure I did not.

I think that was in reference to your post regarding "Visually we only see Ichigo deflecting a tiny number of petals".
You never debunked any of my arguments and resorted to saying this:

"[Well going by your logic since I can't debunk it] even your calc would be too much of a lowball"

Then I explained, why yes, I heavily lowballed it to appease the site.

@Arc7Kuroi

Yes, the entire highlighted constant of this entire battle is speed, Ichigo starts by pointing at blade Byakuya's throat, he dodges wave after wave of senbonzakura, the Speed Clones with the taunt of Ichigo saying he can go even faster than this, then Ichigo slicing up every blade of Senbonzakura that is twice as fast as before and then blitzing Byakuya appearing behind him saying "So a miracle only happens once? So what would this be?"

Purgy, Sigurd, Potato, Cloud, myself, others, have summed this debate up nicely.

I have a much larger preponderance of evidence, my points aren't being debunked, I've constantly been attacking and debunking your actual points. Meanwhile you've been skirting around the bush, arguing hypotheticals, and saying staff agrees.

This is speaking volumes to the bias within staff rn.

> It just highlights that Ichigo is fast that's all.

that isnt really true though because Ichigo's speed feat isn't happening in a vacuum it's being used as a reference point to compare it to Byakuya.

We know Ichigo's speed is impressive because of the context that's given to us through Byakuya, hence why the deflecting all the petals.

My question is whether we can agree that the action that's being presented in the story is meant to highlight Ichigo>Byakuya in terms of speed

tldr can we can agree Ichigo is faster than Byakuya in this plot point.

I'm asking this question so that we can work off a foundation without assuming someone elses intent and strawmanning them.

>You asked for narrative, so I gave a narrative answer.

No the Narrative is the framing device in which the story is presented, what you told me is a thematic point or the subtext.

A trap to twist the argument in your favor ?

In fact we have all done that. That is why we all know when you do that it is to forcibly prove a point when all odds are against you.
Using that approach is basically saying that you have no valid argument so you have to use these sideways and traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back