• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Big Bleach Speed CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote the manga for me saying that Ichigo SHAVED all the petals.
Byakuya: "Impossible he swatted them all away"

Define "them": Senbonzakura's petals
Define "all": every one of
Define "swatted": past tense of swat, to hit
Define "he": Ichigo

Translation: "Impossibe Ichigo hit every one of Senbonzakura's petals away" <- This is the interpretation of Byakuya's quote that requires the least assumptions.

Edit: for all the inbreds who're going to say "reee Ichigo isn't hitting them 1 petal per 1 swing" I'm not saying that either lol.

Last edited:
and there's not just one interpretaition of swatting everything away.
Going by that logic, saying Ichigo hit each petal 1 per 1 swing is a valid interpretation.

I've provided more evidence for my interpretation than anyone else here.

You need to back up the interpretation of the quote. Which I have done to a far greater extent than you.

He’s not even really responding to your points like this...
Allow me to tell you why your KE argument doesn't work.

For Ichigo's single-handed sword swing to have more KE than his full body two-handed sword swing, it would need to be ~squareroot(20) times faster (you need to prove this). We have no idea how fast Ichigo was travelling with his full body swing, therefore you cannot prove that Ichigo swung with more energy.

Byakuya: "Impossible he swatted them all away"

Define "them": Senbonzakura's petals
Define "all": every one of
Define "swatted": past tene of swat, to hit
Define "he": Ichigo

Translation: "Impossibe Ichigo hit every one of Senbonzakura's petals"
why are you purposely only using one definition for all?

Oxford definition: used to refer to the whole quantity or extent of a particular group or thing.

our arguments work within all these categories.

why are you purposely only using one definition for all?

Oxford definition: used to refer to the whole quantity or extent of a particular group or thing.

our arguments work within all these categories.
You know what the whole quantity of Senbonzakura's petals are? Every single petal.

That is because the argument based on statement can range from 1 petal to 100 million petals.

I am assuming if Kubo wanted to show that Ichigo's strength then he would show Ichigo sweeping large chunks but rather he showed Ichigo cutting them and shaving them little by little. It was meant to show his new bankai and speed.

Your argument is valid for a feat that shows Ichigo shaving away large chunk of petals when his bankai is covered in getsuga tenshou (since only that would allow him to cover much larger area with such a thin bankai).

You know what the whole quantity of Senbonzakura's petals are? Every single petal.
yes but why are you ignoring what comes directly after.

to get my point across.

if I could create a magic shockwave that blew away the nearby walls and those walls went onto knock all the people in my vicinity away it would still be a valid statement to say I BLEW THEM ALL AWAY. you realize this dont you?

you realize language doesnt exist in a vacuum, there are things called context.

Also someone tell me when we as a human race decided that the word "all" didn't include every one of whatever was being talked about.

What makes more sense:

By all were swatted, Byakuya means all the petals swatted by Ichigo's blade.

or

By all were swatted, Byakuya means some of the petals were swatted by Ichigo's blade.

if I could create a magic shockwave that blew away the nearby walls and those walls went onto knock all the people in my vicinity away it would still be a valid statement to say I BLEW THEM ALL AWAY. you realize this dont you?
ICHIGO DIDNT CREATE A SHOCKWAVE

ICHIGO DIDNT BLOW THEM ALL AWAY

Ichigo SWATTED, to swat is to hit, Ichigo HIT all the petals.

We are not shown any sort of shockwave or indication of such.

Kubo shows us when air pressure is involved, read Ginjo vs Ichigo.

All right do you have a proof that Ichigo created a shockwave ? Any indication of that ? Someone tell me where does this idea comes from that Ichigo creates shockwave?

I know everyone is on edge because debunked arguments are being used to refute the feat again and again but let us try to keep it civil one last time.

Byakuya says he did. Lol applying Occam's Razor and contextualizing Byakuya's statement proves my point. "Impossible he swatted them all away" why would we assume he didn't swat them all away and say that he swatted some away which swatted others away. There's no need to complicate Byakuya's statement.
We’re not complicating it, you’re only make it appear as if we are. Byakuya likewise didn’t say Ichigo swatted single layers of petals away at time.

Byakuya’s statement could mean:

1) He shaved off layers of petals until he deflected them all

or

2) He shaved off chucks of petals till he deflected them all.

Both instances would result in Ichigo “Swatting them all away”, only the method would be different.

As for the argument regarding the layer of petals that blocked Ichigo’s sword swing.
Even a stack of paper, with enough paper stacked on top each other, can be bullet proof. However, if you did shoot into a thick stack of paper, even if the bullet didn’t go all the way through, it would still pass through some layers before coming to a stop.

That is basically my position. Yes, Ichigo’s swing was blocked by a thick wall of petals, but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t deflect some layers, just that he couldn’t deflect all of them at once. So long as he kept doing that a few more times, the end result “swatting them all away” would be the same.

2) He shaved off chucks of petals till he deflected them all.
I've debunked this, hell I specifically debunked you on this.

Ichigo couldn't cleave through a thinner pillar of petals, so prove that he can cleave through a thicker chunk of petals.

We’re not complicating it, you’re only make it appear as if we are. Byakuya likewise didn’t say Ichigo swatted single layers of petals away at time.

......would be the same.
and that is why we take middle calc for that margin or error about those few extra petals. Btw you are completely ignoring the counter force and assuming that petals are stationary so that analogy really doesn't support your argument.
Dynamic vs static two very different situations

Even a stack of paper, with enough paper stacked on top each other, can be bullet proof. However, if you did shoot into a thick stack of paper, even if the bullet didn’t go all the way through, it would still pass through some layers before coming to a stop.
Ichigo's blade didn't even go through the stack.

Equating your analogy with the bullets.

Imagine a bullet doesn't go through a single sheet and there are "x" sheets stacked, naw image there are more than "x" stacked sheets, the bullet would still fail to go through it.

Staff your argument right now is predicated on Ichigo being able to cleave through chunks of petals.

You realize Ichigo never demonstrates this right.

you realize that's what we have all been arguing?

also why are you @ everything staff member lol
Didn't realize that @s all the staff since it didn't change color oops lol. I was @ing them because Staff (featuring duedate) are who I'm debating against.

Damage is arguing Ichigo cuts through cross-sectional chunks. Ichigo never once in the fight displays the capability to cleave through a chunk of the petals.

Not really. The feat is a cleaving feat but because of durability of senbon those cannot be cleaved so they are swatted away via sword. But the sword motion is cleaving motion.

I thought of a great analogy. Take a very dull knife that cannot cut but is really thin and try to smash a apple with it. I am assuming if you smash once you will barely create a dent. That is what happens in Ichigo vs Byakuya. But if you cut a 1000 times you will be able to smash/swat/cut the apple.
This feat is something very similar.

doesn’t matter anyways. Normal users can’t tag staff at all.

I don't agree with your interpretation but I will argue for your validity as a vote.

ill tell you what let's get more people to look at the thread and start counting votes.

I stand by my word that there are multiple interpretations of the feat and that if the conensus agrees with you and Arc's ill argue for your validity based on Consensus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back