• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Beast Issue

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
The Beast currently has Matter Manipulation linked twice on his page. The first explains his high level manipulation while the second is tagged on at the end, seemingly accidentally.

Also, why does the Beast "not have a mind?" He is clearly sentient, makes choices, and is intelligent. He is able to accuracy re-arrange someone sub-atomically. Why is he mindless?

The second is resistance.

It's because he doesn't technically have a brain, organs, or any such thing. He is basically a zombie made of fire and magma. He doesn't TECHNICALLY have an actual mind to manipulate.

I guess it's more like he doesn't have a brain?

Does he have a consciousness that exists independent of his body? One that can be harmed by directly targeting the mind itself, rather than the brain?

That's never really explained. But the point is that he is basically just a sentient lava monster with no actual brain.

Based upon experience, he should be able to be targeted by Mind Hax despite not having a brain or any organs. Digimon basically shows that, while they lack brains and organ, they have a conciousness. Hence how I know.

It's like Kakine from To Aru being immune to normal mind manipulation due to not having a brain or organs and being composed entirely of Dark Matter.

Wait we give immunities like that? I don't think we do that unless said being is like an AI or something.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Wait we give immunities like that? I don't think we do that unless said being is like an AI or something.
Well, then someone who used that argument in a thread is a liar.

Most continuities treat minds as separate from brains. While damaging the mind can also damage the brain, many verses have disembodied entities that are still effected by Mind Manipulation. The Barrows Brothers are all ghosts but can still be mind controlled.

I cannot. One of the Admins can, though. Can you also remove the second listing of Matter Manipulation?

Back