• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Initially, I was a little sad because this CRT was about removing Reinhard's Matter Manipulation and I was like "Damn, my dude is getting one of his big hax removed."

Why? Well, this is the scan used for it. (Another version here) [This comes from Volume 12 Chapter 5]

If you read that and were wondering, "Where the **** is the matter manipulation?" Yeah. There isn't any indication of that. He just restored the world to its original state and erased Beast Puck from reality.

But, now, I realize, this is good. Why? Well, you know what that stuff is an indication of? Exactly what it sounds like: Reconstruction and Existence Erasure.

The reconstruction is obvious. He recreated the world after destroying it. Here's two different versions:

The moment after that cascading slash settled down, the white, cold air covering the world...recovered. The slide in the world was repaired, the parts that had become a swirling vortex of mana reverted to their proper forms, flowers budded forth from the shattered ground, and peace spread through the cracked air. From the sky, dazzling sunrays poured down. The slash of the Sword Saint had both ended the world and simultaneously brought about its re-creation.

At the close of the torrential sword slash, the world that was covered in the white, encompassing cold was born anew. The parted world was mended, as the spiral of Mana faded into a ring, returning to the atmosphere. From the shattered earth, flowers budded and bloomed. The pierced-through air was imbued with warmth, as sunlight peered from the severed sky. The strike of the Sword Saint simultaneously brought about the world's end as well as its rebirth.

The existence erasure seems clear to me as well. Two different versions here as well:

And the enormous beast that had been bathed in that slash had been annihilated from the world without a trace. There were not even side effects of destruction to be seen; that a battle had even taken place seemed like nothing but a dream.

While the colossal beast that was rent by that strike vanished without a trace. Indisputably present only moments ago, the enormous body was gone, and no indication of its destruction remained.

I think being annihilated from the world to the point there's no trace of you and no indication that you ever existed or that the strike even happened in the first place is enough to qualify for that.

So, yeah, in conclusion, goodbye Matter Manipulation, hello Reconstruction and Existence Erasure!

Vote Tally
Bold = Staff Opinion

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Ok yeah that looks like a more accurate description of what he did than doing it all with atomic matter hax. It was stated to be reducing things to mana (primordial energy) and recreating it, nothing about matter, so I agree with Reconstruction + EE more than matter hax.

Makes sense, also this means that boboiboy cant win against Reinhard anymore
3 mods have already approved this so this can now be added

btw does this mean that Reinhard doesn't have matter manipulation anymore? because he would still need that to make AZ dissappear right?
Also why doesn't Emilia just ask Reinhard for help to thaw the eternal ice forest

Yes this thread removes matter hax, as "matter" is not mentioned in the scans. It's considered Reconstruction & EE now.

Also why doesn't Emilia just ask Reinhard for help to thaw the eternal ice forest
That might harm the Elves, and no one has ever seen Reinhard use his reconstruction as the "fight" against Puck was a doomed world post-Subaru's death.

Back