• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Batter (OFF) vs Reimu Hakurei (Touhou)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the last thread I made with Reimu was...a mess, I'll give it another go.

With my recent finding of OFF, I've decided to put Reimu up against Batter.

Conditions:

Scenario 1

+ PC-98 Reimu with her Solar System feat

+ Both have all their powers

+ Both are in character but willing to kill by all means

+ Speed Equalized if neccesaary

Scenario 2

+
Composite Reimu

+ Same conditions as above

---

Who takes the cake and why?

The Batter
Reimu in PC-98

Fantasy Heaven makes it impossible for the Batter to win so siding with Reimu on that one.

First round is a toss up. Leaning on Batter though.

Fantasy Heaven? I'm a gigantic n00blord to Touhou so I haven't the faintest of ideas what that does, someone explain? I don't know whether or not The Batter can resist that sort of thing if I don't know what it does.

Complete massive invulnerability by floating away from the current dimension. Becoming immune to spatial and time effects alongside a continuous barrage of unending attacks. Can probably stack up with other attacks too. Transcendance basically.

^Basically, it's a Last Spell of Reimu (though it could be called Fantasy Nature too, which way worked), derivitate from Reimu's innate ability to float. In this move, she used the most highest way possible to used this ability: To phase in and out of existence, or in another word, floating out of reality. When Reimu using that move, even ZUN (the author) said that absolutely no one (and that mean a lot, considering the existence of Dragon God) could defeats her in anyway, and that it couldn't be even considered a Spell Card til Marisa put a time limit to it.

Because of that, it suffer from NLF, so don't said anything about this ability like 1-A Reimu.

Ok so the current tally is:

Scenario 1:

Batter - 2

Reimu - 0

Scenario 2

Batter - 0

Reimu - 2

Any more intake?

I say the batter for both rounds. His Add-ons can give inflict many different effects onto Reimu. Most notably mute, which would presumably make her incapable of using Fantasy Seal. Reimu's durability is only via barriers, and Omega's Photographic Blur can bypass durability. Should his Add-ons be defeated, he can simply revive them. Not to mention the Batter's huge advantage in hax via existence deletion and ability to attack abstract beings.

They're generally even otherwise, though.

@Arbitray Doubt this will happen with the massive speed advantage and Fantasy Nature.

Scenario 1 is a Reimu win if speed isn't Equalized. If it is, The Batter has probably more hax since PC-98 is hax less.

Speed needs to be equalized, most likely: Reimu either gets blitzed (likely, given the other result is only considered a possibility), or blitzes completely (if the possibility of her being MFTL+ is used). Just saying.

The Batter can mute Reimu and make her unable to use Fantasy Nature in the first place, assuming speed is equalized. Not to mention poison, blinding, and madness. Although considering that it's Touhou, I doubt Reimu would be crippled by something as simple as RPG status afflictions.

Reimu doesn't need to call her attacks to uses them, especially Fantasy Nature. It's not even magic or spiritual powers, it's just her natural skill. Also it seems like she can both uses Fantasy Nature and attack without really seeing where she aims. Just spamming those attack. And Reimu is at least reisstent to madness-inducing.

^Her view of the world when using FN is already mind-crumbling enough, anyway. We probably will have no idea what it feel like when she instinctly know that everything doesn't matter to her, that would probably be including herself (The lose-everything-to-gain-everything, basically), like peering through true emptyness.

Edit: Guess the reason she close her eyes when using this isn't because she already know she will win, but because it would be truly unfair.

Speed equalized if necessary but Reimu's speed seems to be MFTL with how the general consensus is. Considering it was PC-98 era and fighting in Shinki's possibly infinite world and all those stars zipping by. So it's not absolutely necessary but if speed was unequalized then yeah it's more clear. With Saikou's words it's likelier that Reimu wins.

And yeah siding with Reimu on all accounts then

Whether or not Reimu needs to call out her moves out loud is irrelevant. Mute still affects her. Anything that involves mind power can be temporarily sealed off by Batter.

you're right about the blindness and madness though.

It seems that mute has to trigger by hitting the enemy. Kinda hard if said opponent specializes in dodging and defending with barriers.

And like the ability to flight, it's not a magical spell. It's an ability she can just use any time she wants.

I'd personally give it to The Batter since with his somehow spatial awareness and his ability to attack entities technically from from this dimension (Specters, Burnts you name it) It could give him a slight edge to Reimu's fantasy nature due to his haxy Add-ons with Long Chain and Abstract Tragedy but another part for me says it could go either way depending on who would get the last hit in.

ArachnoGia said:
I'd personally give it to The Batter since with his somehow spatial awareness and his ability to attack entities technically from from this dimension (Specters, Burnts you name it) It could give him a slight edge to Reimu's fantasy nature due to his haxy Add-ons with Long Chain and Abstract Tragedy but another part for me says it could go either way depending on who would get the last hit in.
Fantasy Nature is Reimu and Touhou's ultimate mystery. We litterally have no idea to what extend she could "float" and ignored reality.

The Author said she could ignored at least Pressure and Force though, so that's an out. (practically any thing that drive the motion of anything is a Force)

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
What does Long Chain and Abstract Tragedy do again?
Both Long chain and Abstract Tragedy are described as inflicting "mediocre" impact, assuming by the name "Abstract" he is able to attack on an meta physical level. Batter also has more powerful versions such as Cubist/Fauvestic Tragedy. Like with "Abstract", we can assume he can attack on a much larger scale. The words Cubist and Fauvestic are refer to Cubism and Fauvism which pertain to an art syle in which is shown through different aspects of a gemetrical shape and fragmenting - breaking down linear perspective.

^Yeah, still won't work. In touhou, they already have Yukari that deal with the meta physical already. And breaking down linear perspective is what Reimu already done with space. (moving in circle while moving straight ahead)

I know this is thread necromancy as all hell, but just to chip my two cents in-

Round 1: Probably The Batter? It's effectively a four-on-one (which to be fair Reimu is rather specialized in dealing with, bullet hell is literally an in-canon pastime of the verse to my understanding), but on top of that, without Fantasy Heaven (at least, that is the impression I'm under), she is outhaxed, outranged, and has lower physical strength to boot. Sure, against a single opponent her portal tricks could catch most anyone off-guard in 1v1... but it's not a 1v1. The Batter more or less has three Stands (this must be the work of an enemy stand!) fighting with him at all times, all of which can use his items to heal/revive one another. Most of the times this happens, I don't see it going well for Reimu.

Round 2: Ahh, the big game-changer. This... I dunno, seems sort of a toss-up. It's really one of those "can the ultimate spear crack the ultimate shield?" sort of deals, really: how far, exactly, can The Batter's immense offensive hax reach when compared next to Fantasy Heaven? I'm not sure we can tell definitely, the arguments above demonstrate how much of a headache that would be.

Two things of note work against The Batter, though, that I feel I should mention. One, Reimu herself is seemingly someone who has a relatively high chance of being considered "pure" in The Batter's eyes, so I'm not entirely sure how well purification would function: then again, he seemed to be capable of registering The Judge as impure once he turned on him. Two, The Batter is what he hates: i.e., impure: if his Bad Batter state is any indication. Could Reimu potentially purify The Batter? Something about that seems just gloriously ironic to me, hehe.

Basically, inconclusive.

...bonus round, anyone wonder whether or not Reimu could soften Batter's attitude if she tried? She seems to have a knack for getting along with anyone, and The Batter is by definition a youkai, and they're more or less both exorcists by profession. I guess it would depend on the interpretation of The Batter's background? Just curious, really...

Reimu has her own share of haxx that contends with Batter actually. Enough to win considering she has tele spam, pretty absurd barriers, soul haxx, and the overwhelming Fantasy Nature. The Batter doesn't need Competence points right? He can't actually touch Reimu on that state since others have tried before. That's a win for Reimu. She can overwhelm them in a 4 on 1 scenario with that ability. I doubt Mute can affect her on that case either and her being a shrine maiden with that insight ability that borders on precog should alert her.

On the other hand Pc-98 version is much closer but Reimu could barely win without proper DC. The best I could think of is scaling off of taking out Shinki but others don't like that so I won't.

Seems like a fanfic idea. Time to try that. Kappa. I actually compare the Batter more to a deity. Not quite sure if he fits the Lesser ones so he could be a mid level one, maybe higher.

...sorry for the double-necro, but doesn't this have seven votes, with well thought-out reasoning and everything? Isn't that the minimum for addition to profiles?

Ugh....okay. Welp unless somebody else here can properly review the votes here, i'll go set the result on at least Reimu's page if anything.

Yup, it sounds inconclusive to me.

Anyways, the results have been set up now finally from here so i'll go ahead and close this up then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back