• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Warren Valion said:
So is countless, but we don't use that here.

When talking about "endless possibilites", it metions the Many Worlds Interpertatio as it deals with possibilites.
In our case, endless means infinite. Because after an infinite amount of time. Endless will be infinite. And the archvier was built to embody all the possibilities ever, including those that are to come as he has created and recreated the world thousands of times over, he already embodies the possibilities of 1 world.

So yes, in our case endless = infinite. As The Archiver is built with the result and doesn't grow forever, like endless would imply.

Firephoenixearl said:
In our case, endless means infinite. Because after an infinite amount of time. Endless will be infinite. And the archvier was built to embody all the possibilities ever, including those that are to come as he has created and recreated the world thousands of times over, he already embodies the possibilities of 1 world.

So yes, in our case endless = infinite. As The Archiver is built with the result and doesn't grow forever, like endless would imply.
How do you know that The Archiver doesn't "grow forever", because saying he embodies "endless possibilities" is what infers that the world does, in fact, grow forever.

To be fair, the justifications weren't change from this CRT until yesterday. It was at countless from the Op, I used use endless as a synonym infinite when editing. Sorry, about the confusion, I will fix it.

I fixed it.

No, he embodies "All possibilities". The archiver is an already created computer system made of information. To embody all possibilties, All of Infinity and All of Endless are the same thing.

The Internet is an ever-growing system made of information, but it already exists. It keeps getting added upon.

I don't see why this is different from any other version of the Many Worlds Interpretatio. Possibilities being the operative word that tells us as such.

Warren Valion said:
The Internet is an ever-growing system made of information, but it already exists. It keeps getting added upon.
I don't see why this is different from any other version of the Many Worlds Interpretatio. Possibilities being the operative word that tells us as such.
As i said. When The Archiver was created, they stated he embodies "All Possibilities". Which is why in our case endless = infinity?

Because All of Endless = All of Infinity. The way they worded the archiver makes it the same thing, though im down to find it's orignal scan.

"All Possibilities" = 2-B for reasons I've stated above.

All of Endless means every part of endlessness, not at the end of endlessness (which doesn't even make sense).

So it would be every single universe in a multiverse made from seemingly endless possibilities. Not infinite worlds.

Alaya from Senshinkan embodies all of the endless possibilities, but that's still 2-B.

I don't know why you make this seem like it's bigger than it actually is.

Because besides the All of Endless = All of Infinite, there is the fact of:

Their world being a "RESULT" of endless choices and not containing endless choices. Endless choices had to be made before that world was achieved. The Archiver embodies them all.

Also anyone have any idea where i can find raw scans for manga? I can't seem to find the raw scans for Get Backers to confirm this.

"All of Endless = All of Infinite" is meaningless dribble without understanding what is the endless or the infinite in this connotation.

In this case, the "All of Endless" or "All of Infinite" multiverse is based on "All possibilities".

And while "all possibilities" may be an astronomically large number, it is still finite, it is still infinitely smaller than an infinite number.

And the RESULT of having a 2-B multiverse based on "all possibilities" is that eventually when you add up all the possibilities that can exist in the timespan of the universe you have a really big 2-B multiverse.

But it isn't infinite.

Nedge1000 said:
endless is also a synonym for infinite
Endless is used as "extremely big"/"can keep going on forever but is finite" way more than infinite though.

I am not sure if Archiver should truly be tier 2 even more...

First of all Archiver was created for the purpose of giving forth a spare copy of the world...that is earth. These possbilities The Archive embodies has only relation to Earth itself
Get Backers - Get Backers 7 - Vol 39 - 3
It is also confirmed that the copy world" is indeed a copy of the earth Ginji mom made through thecArchive and the Magic Mirror

Get Backers - Get Backers 7 - Vol 39 - 7
Get Backers - Get Backers 7 - Vol 39 - 8
Note the scans i posted are all on volume 9...while the scan of choices is whatever vokume that is neither 9 or 8 or even 7 iirc

So ye

That was my problem with tier 2 Archive but I couldn't remember.

Anyway I'll reach that point eventually.

Nedge1000 said:
ALRF, you are saying world Ôëá universe?
disregarding the matter about getbackers at hand, the word "world" in itself rarely mean anything concrete. in itself it doesn't necessarily mean a planet or a universe, it can refer to either one of them but it can also mean something else entirely. are you holding the idea that a world generally mean a universe?

Well, the words "A spare Earth" are in the scans, which indicate the connotation of the word "world" as in planet, not universe.

Oh

Are these backups of the world merely backups of their physical form or do they also contain their space times? Because if it contains space-time, then surely containing infinite space-times, even if they are each individually limited to a planet in physical size, would still qualify for 2-A?

not necessarily, no. even disregarding the spare earth part in the scan, a destruction of time and space in accordance to the usage of the word world still doesn't corroborate to it having the meaning of universe. unless the scale of which said destruction occurs is outright universal in scale

Space time is space time, if there are an infinite number of those space-times, that should still qualify for 2-A, albeit a lower level than fully universal space-times.

If you can destroy or create infinite sets of space-time, regardless of their size you still have an infinite amount of space-time continuums. And they still have whatever 5D distance between them I hear people talking about that makes a low 2-C who triples their power not 2-C

Actually creating backups of "earth" (assuming the scans/translation is correct) is not correct and that was the original plan, however TA (TA is short for The Archiver) grew out of their control due to the work of a rebel and grew to have different space-time continums. As Makubex explained there are other universes which exist for ever single possible combination of choices. Furthermore, it was already explained that destroying the infinity fortress would result in the destruction of an entire space time (which is why, ginji, akabane , ban and the voodoo king have the low 2-C tier).

So no, TA is not 5-B. He is an at least 2-B, likely 2-A being, for having created that many universes. Though whether he stays at 2-A or goes back to 2-B, is another point as we'r gonna need the original translations or keep him at "At least 2-B, likely 2-A", untill we find the raw scans and see if the word means strictly infinity or endless.

I agree that every combination of choices made by humans is 2-B. Pretty good for 2-B, but 2-B still.

Making timelines out of possible human choices and their numbers entails... Well, a number. It can't reach infinity for the same reason you can't go High 1-B by climbing dimensions infinitely or something to that effect: Regardless of how high you go or how much your numbers increase, you will never reach infinity.

FateAlbane said:
I agree that every combination of choices made by humans is 2-B. Pretty good for 2-B, but 2-B still.
Making timelines out of possible human choices and their numbers entails... Well, a number. It can't reach infinity for the same reason you can't go High 1-B by climbing dimensions infinitely or something to that effect: Regardless of how high you go or how much your numbers increase, you will never reach infinity.
Well yes, TA's original tier was 2-B, though it'd be best to wait untill we find the original raw scans and translate from that.

You think a 2-B, likely 2-A would be fine untill we find that? (Since some definitions of endless actually mean strictly infinity according to ALRF, which is why i think we should find the original raw scans.

Firephoenixearl said:
You think a 2-B, likely 2-A would be fine untill we find that? (Since some definitions of endless actually mean strictly infinity according to ALRF, which is why i think we should find the original raw scans.
No worries, I was just saying my general opinion/impression. o/ I remain neutral on the tier. But I agree that that info could also help here.

A multiverse based on "all possibilities" is just 2-B.

It's a very large finite number, but it is still finite.

It isn't even the largest 2-B multiverse possible, that would go to the multiverse that never stops growing, that is stuck in an infinite loop, infinitely creating universes forever.

While the Many Worlds Interpretation would produce a staggering amount of universes, the number of possibilities are indeed limited.

So The Archiver would just be 2-B, never a "likely 2-A".

Warren Valion said:
We need the scans as Countless and Endless are questionable translations. We need the scans to see whether they really mean countless/endless or down right infinite. Untill we do that we can't be fully sure on how it works.

Also Stephen Hawking's theory of the multiverse is infinite universes.

Firephoenixearl said:
Warren Valion said:
We need the scans as Countless and Endless are questionable translations. We need the scans to see whether they really mean countless/endless or down right infinite. Untill we do that we can't be fully sure on how it works.
Also Stephen Hawking's theory of the multiverse is infinite universes.
If the multiverse is based on probability and possibility, then it's 2-B. All possibilities are a finite number.

Since the universe beginning and ending is a finite amount of time, there are a limited amount of possible choices that fate can take, it is finite. Despite people saying it is infinite.

You would be going against logic to put your faith in the words of a fictional character who probably doesn't give a shit on how big the multiverse is.

And what does it matter if Stephen Hawking had a theory about infinite universes? Stephen Hawking wasn't an omniscient god with cosmic awareness, he was a scientist that made theories on the multiverse. Applying the most basic principles of science on the grandest scale, he made inferences based on his observations, and a lot of the time, people who make inferences, make mistakes or are completely wrong.

Well yes and no. If the scans specifically state "infinite" TA stays at 2-A because there is a clear cut scan saying it's infinite. If the scan goes to "endless" then yes TA is going to 2-B, let's not make any more pointless arguing. The scan is what will put an end to all this, especially since the archiver embodies all the possible futures which also have been defined as countless or endless (don't remember) which is why we need the scan to prove what exact word is being used.

Like Stephen, everything else is just a theory. There are no "right or wrong theories" when they are just based on opinions/ideas/speculations.

Anyway im a bit tired of this, best leave this as it is untill someone gets their hands on a raw scan, or change it to 2-B likely 2-A, untill we get the scan.

I would rather directly lowball it to 2-B since we threat both "countless" and "endless" in the same way.

Back