• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GetBackers Revisions, but this time im doing it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Archiver

Since nothing was found to prove 2-A, he'll strictly be 2B. However the true tier should be "At least Low 2-C, likely 2-B". Due to the fact that we cannot say for certain whether the possibilities that the archiver embodies exist simply as "possibilities" or whether they are universes, because it is unknown whether Makubex here is really competent in the issue (whether what he's saying is truly the case even if it does make sense in context).

Abstract Existence: Goes back to nothing. He just houses the possibilities, not exist as possibilities.

Acausality Type 5. I don't think him being the creator god of the world counts as type 5. So he basically created the entire timeline but is that a form of acausality. Im not sure, if yes what type?

Metaphysics Manipulation, should just be Physics Manipulation i guess considering he would have created the physics of the world

Non-Corporeal, he's electronic, not non-corporeal.

The rest should be fine from my memory.

Akabane Kuroudo
Immortality (Type 9). The real world Akabane and the virtual one are separated, while the real world akabane is the true Akabane, we never get a clarification on whether the 2 can interact. Despite being transcendential it is unsure whether they interact due to, as Ginji's mom says, the people sent in were swallowed by the world and could never even report back, let alone introduce modifications. However it is unsure if she meant only before they became transcendentials or after they became transcendentials too. So i guess a "Possibly Type 9" would fit better or just completely removing it. The real Akabane's clone creation should probably go though, we don't have nearly enough proof to warrant something that huge.

Body Control should just be Weapon Creation, fits better (for being able to take scalpels out of his own blood).

Regenerationn Mid Godly should become "Low-High", he was turned into a drop of blood and was shown to be fine right after. Ban never used logic against him. So no Mid Godly.

Non-Corporeal gets yeeted for the same reason as above. He was never erased.

Quantum Manipulation iirc working like the uncertanity principle of quantum mechanics is not enough of a reason so yeet.

Fate Manipulation currently comes from this. I'll put that as a "possibly" tbf. Doesn't seem conclusive enough for it to be sure.

Acausality Type 4 should go. The virtual world akabane doesn't exist in a different time flow. At least i don't think it is currently the case but i am not sure if these imply acausality or if they are any other type of power.
His last 3 resistances would leave too, cus as i said, he never tanked Ban's logic.

Ban Midou
Ban Midou. Asclepius has a chant. Either we keep 9-C and yeet 9-B, or we keep 9-B and yeet 9-C. There's a feat of him just kicking down a door casually. I doubt he'd use asclepius for a casual feat. And he has other casual feats like kicking down walls etc (which you can find on LordGriffin's blog).

Metaphysics manipulation just goes away.

Law Manipulation. I believe this should be turned into a "possibly" mainly for the "invincibility part". Ban was never stated to have invincibility via his hojutsu. But the reason it is on the profile is because. We know that "wishing for invincibility" is a thing. Because a dude stated that Akabane has never believed that he could lose, as such he never did. Ban has shown that he has the same level of "logic" as Akabane and he's seen several times throughout the show with statements like "Being invincible sure gets boring sometimes", meaning he does believe himself to be invincible. However since we have no clear statement of this, i'd say "possibly invincibility" should be fine.

Resistances: to Metaphysics manipulation, goes away and gets replaced with Data Manipulation.

Blood Manipulation (It's just resisting the heat of Reitei, not resistance blood manip)
The rest seem fine.

That's all for now.

1. Creator god don't get Acausality Type 5 unless the are a lot of evidence that they transcends Causality so if it is not the cause here then The Archiver should not lose it.
  2. Immortality Type 9, I think should be removed.
  3. Ban should just be 9-B since the feat is solid and 9-C should be removed.
Everthing else look fine.

Firephoenixearl said:
1. Well he did predate and create history within gb but i don't know if that's enough of a reason for type 5
Without more contexts, it is not enough for Type 5 Acausality; I am fine if it get removed.

I guess we could wait more inputs and if there is none after a while I give my approval that changes can be made.

Creating the timeline doesn't grant any sort of acausality except maybe Type 1, but I don't think we treat it like that.

"Creating physics" just grants Creation. Same reason why every other creator god-type on the site doesn't have Physics Manipulation with more specific evidence.

The scan for Akabane's fate manip seems too vague for even a "possibly" imo.

The stuff about a different time frame appears to be a resistance to Time or Space-Time Manipulation. It doesn't appear to fit the descriptions of any of the acausality types though.

Everything else seems fine, as does 9-B for Ban.

@Gyro

Ok, i wanted more clarification, ty.

Physics manip same i can agree idm.

Well, the thing is we're talking about a guy who can manipulate the world just by not believing something (divine providence). Manipulating fate the same way isn't really out of the question. So like it fits the "scale" of the setting, i'd say a possibly should fit.

I'll keep that in mind, if more people agree on that then i guess it should be something like acausality but only for time manip? Cus type 4 is "different causality" this is just "different time frame", there are also scans of people going back to their young self.

Ok Ty for the input.

I see; if the Archiver can't manipulated physics, then Metaphysics Manipulation would be just be Creation as GyroNutz mentioned.

Not that he can't, more like we don't have any clear case where he does so and the best we have is that he created them.

I also think that this seems mostly fine, and trust the judgements of Gyro and Elizhaa, but it is probably good if you ask a few other administrators and discussion moderators to help out with input as well.

I'd like to apologize to Firephoenixearl for not being any help with the GetBackers stuff. With everything that happened around the time of me starting that blog along with the mechanics of the verse, I'm not sure I'd be much help.

I do agree with 9-B Ban of course. About the removal of Resistance to Blood Manipulation, wouldn't that be switched with Heat resistance since he's surviving being near Lightning Lord who boils the blood of people near him?. Most of the other stuff looks good from what I can remember.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I'd like to apologize to Firephoenixearl for not being any help with the GetBackers stuff. With everything that happened around the time of me starting that blog along with the mechanics of the verse, I'm not sure I'd be much help.

About the removal of Resistance to Blood Manipulation, wouldn't that be switched with Heat?
No, no worries. The idea to make gb profiles was mine after all.

He already has the heat resistance that's why i didn't mention it.

What about the time and space transcendence statements, what would those be? Or should I gather everything and put them in a different CRT?

I'm not sure honestly, I think you should gather everything into a different CRT since it's something that might require a thread of it's own.

Antvasima said:
I also think that this seems mostly fine, and trust the judgements of Gyro and Elizhaa, but it is probably good if you ask a few other administrators and discussion moderators to help out with input as well.

Okay. I suppose that it can probably be applied then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back