• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Announcer tries to cut his budget. (GRACE)

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
The story goes as Blocky knew he had had it with the Announcer. So, he decides to do a prank on the Announcer so he can kill him and cancel BFDI so he would illegally obtain Dream Island for himself. He then walked up to the Announcer.

Blocky: Hey Announcer, take this as a gift...

Blocky then took out the gift, which seemed to be $100, but with a twist... All of the bills seemingly had "13R" at the end of their serial numbers. Yes, this was Milagro Man Money.

Announcer: Oh, are you giving it to me? You arent pulling off any tricks, are you, Blocky?

Blocky: Uh... no?

Announcer: Okay. Thanks.

Announcer then takes the Milagro Man Money from Blocky as Blocky walked off, with some evil grin on his face.

Conditions
Announcer has $100 worth of Milagro Man and is unaware of the curse.

Who wins?

We had to sell it because of budget cuts:

Evil Money: 7 (Chariot190, ElixirBlue, Iapitus The Impaler, Listentomyrhytm, Ionliosite, Buttersamuri, Jimboydejuan12)

Inconclusive:

Nope. Announcer is just unaware of the curse, so its up to him to figure out of the curse so he can sell it to someone.

If it's not Bloodlusted, Milagro Man takes this. The Announcer is a being that sold Dream Island (and the non breathable vacuum of space) for money.

Glancing over the Milagro Man's abilities, Creation of Money, the Announcer wouldn't care and take the money along with the curse.

Well... hm...

Edit: I'm changing this victory to the Announcer. Finding himself unable to spend the money and realizing the curse behind it, he'd try to BFR the Milagro Man. Even if the Announcer is slow to get rid of the money and it manages to kill him, he can still use resurrection.

However, the Announcer Recovery Center may need to be destroyed during the fight in order for Milagro Man to kill Announcer, or he could probably incap him under the money if he cant kill him.

How do you BFR Milagro Man in this context? Its stand user is long dead and we've never actually seen the stand in question, only in a flashback explaining it, it's curse and power is automatic. How would he know or even find the stand? If he's just handed the money that's on him, the Milagro Man we've never actually seen, he's probably demataterilzed in the middle of idk because we never actually see it, probably its home country? Point is how would BFR help him BFR the thing he doesnt know even exists or where it even is.

It's profile seems to imply it transfers hosts' like Cheap Trik, it's been awhile since I read that arc so I'll assume the profile is right. Milagro still never actually appears or shows up when the host gets cursed. The point stays the same, how do you BFR something you dont know even exists?

@Chariot190 Well, it's BFR via Plot Manipulation supported by Toon Force. I'd imagine the Announcer would recognize the money is trying to kill him, annoyed, he would BFR the money itself to... somewhere, and it wouldn't be able to return. Perhaps the money is BFR to another dimension and it's not able to come back to our dimension with its own power.

ElixirBlue said:
@Chariot190 Well, it's BFR via Plot Manipulation supported by Toon Force. I'd imagine the Announcer would recognize the money is trying to kill him, annoyed, he would BFR the money itself to... somewhere, and it wouldn't be able to return. Perhaps the money is BFR to another dimension and it's not able to come back to our dimension with its own power.
Ok so? Milagro can create money out of nothing. BFR'ing the money aint gonna stop the curse.

But then, why does the curse transfer have to involve the transition of the physical object know as 13R(physical money) to another physical object(a person)?

Is the Milagro Man in some way bond to a physical object(13R)?

Because it's like passing on a curse. If you take the money you now have the curse, getting rid of the money or even destroying it doesnt stop it. Someone else has to take the money from you. Or accept the money when given. BFR'ing it wont stp more money from just magically appearing in it's place.

It makes notes with that number, it isnt bound to it.

It's a stand, but it's user is long dead and we never actually see it. In fact the picture on the profile is from a panel explaining it. We never actually see it ever. It's curse may not even be something related to it. It could be like the infinite spin were once it happens have fun getting rid of it and it's automatic.

But i guess yeah it is a Stand issue is it doesnt even have to show up for the curse to happen and it never actualy does so plus it's entirely automatic stand.

I was thinking the Announcer could BFR himself to another plane of existence and the Milagro Man couldn't follow.

How exactly do curses work? Do they attach to a person's soul, traveling with a soul where ever it goes?

Wouldnt that be self BFR as per SBA?

idk, it's just a curse, this character was a one and done type of thing, a lot of the specifics arent detailed, it probably effects the target specifically as most stand powers do though. I dont know about soul but it definitly attaches (is that even the right word?) to a target.

Well, i'm confused now. But if Milagro Man is that vague and the Announcer is know to be greedy, money hungry, I can't imagine a scenario Announcer gives the money away without doing his best to... spend it? I'm not sure who or what the Announcer is trying to pay to.

Milagro Man FRA.

The person would have to accept it. If they dont nothing gets transferred plus it's a open secret. Not sure how SBA handles that but if it's an even playing field where both can function at their peak that should apply.

I mean, the Announcer of all people in BFDI accepted the curse and was unaware of its danger. Though, the Announcer does have a history of being played for a fool.

I aint voting, I know nothing of his opponent. Althigh with the information I got I think Milagro wins. So do with that as you will.

I don't know the Milagro Man either. I'm just trusting the Wiki page and what I know of the Announcer.

For some reason I thought this was your thread, huh.

Lol. I've tried making threads but the two that I made aren't getting any traction. Even I still think Junko Enoshima vs Light Yagami is very good match and Chara vs Mammoth Mogul is doable, though someone said otherwise.

Okay, so for info on Announcer, he seems to be somewhat greedy, as he just accepted a (fake) $1,000,000,000,000 bill from Leafy, signalling his greediness for money. However, if he dies, he comes back via the Announcer Recovery Center, but if one were to die from Milagro Man's curse but then gets revived, is the curse still there?

That's an unknown. I don't think anyone has tried that in JoJo. Milagro Man hasn't followed someone to heaven cause he is still around in the land of the living after someone dies. But the Announcer wouldn't be going to the afterlife, just revived somewhere else in the land of the living so idk.

That's why I was asking about curses in general. We could try to fill in the gaps of knowledge for Milagro Man if we know more about how curses in general worked.

idk, is the money still technically his? That's probably the deciding factor. It's goal isnt even really to kill. It just increases the money ad infinitum, if the money is still his even when he comes back it should still be his curse.

I'm treating Announcer "dying" as a form of teleportation, in this case. Yeah, the money would probably still be his, as money is only valued in the land of the living.

Milagro Man still takes this.

lagro Man can actually teleport money too. Dont know the range thouh, probably planetary not that it matters a lot.

Now, theoretically, Announcer repeatedly gets revived numerous times, and the curse never seems to go away.

For Milagro Man to win, the money would have to put weight on the ARC to destroy it to make Announcer lose his Ressurection ability via the ARC, then one final crush from the money should be able to kill the Announcer for good.

For Announcer to win, he would have to figure out that this money is cursed, then he would willingly give away the money as a prize to the contestents, but problem is, knowing his greedy attitude in BFDI 25, that would be less likely to happen.

Im personally thinking the match would go out as an Inconclusive, because Announcer will continue to be revived as he refuses to give away his money, but as long as the money is still there, Milagro Man will continue to kill and kill and kill Announcer, knowing its no good when your opponent is reviving too much. I know this is my thread and I cant vote, but this is just a suggestion.

The announcer cant really give it away, it's a open secret. As per SBA the context gives both opponents their optimal setting to utilize their powers properly.

Also if the announcer teleports to an alternate dimension that's technically self BFR.

Milagro Man wouldnt really know anything, it seems to be a hundred percent automatic stand that only does it's primary role without thought. Like SHA or Notorius, maybe Black Sab.

As for the rest, idk.

Simple. Because of the amount of times that the Announcer gets revived at the ARC, the money would build up over it, and crush it.

Announcer doesnt teleport himself to another dimension, he BFRs other objects, not himself.

And if youre refering to when Announcer dies and gets revived, the money will pretty much teleport to him still even when the Announcer is in a different location.

Back