• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Just simple general revisions to go over after doing some rewatching.

Contestants Scaling To Evil Leafy

During the finale of Season 1, it was implied that Leafy was about to turn into an Evil Leafy by Blocky’s statement that she was turning evil. Of course, we know that Evil Leafy has a pocket dimension within her that houses a starry sky as shown in BFDIA 5b. Though, it should be noted that Evil Leafy has never really harmed anyone outside of harmlessly devouring them into her pocket dimension, and the contestants running away from her was only because they were scared of her supernatural ability to constantly teleport especially with her creepy appearance to them. Given how a pocket dimension would’ve been created within Leafy once she turned completely evil, especially since we already accepted Leafy to possibly have similar abilities to Evil Leafy, I propose a new rating:

Varies from Large Town level+ to Large Star level, possibly Multi-Solar System level (Was implied to be turning evil to a point where she was briefly turning into Evil Leafy, who has a pocket dimension inside of her housing a starry sky)

Should be noted that Evil Leafy should be full-on 4-A due to the pocket dimension being inside of her.

Speed Upgrade

This calculation has been accepted, which means the contestants should scale to 82524240819.960861206c scaling from Flower who was able to react to the Laser Powered Teleportation Device which was able to reach David, who was near a black hole, from Earth. It should be noted that the only physical appearance of the Laser Powered Teleportation Device was in BFDI 24, which confirms that it is on Earth.

Duplication Addition

In BFDI 11, 12, and BFDIA 2, it has been shown that the contestants are able to duplicate themselves to a point where there are many of them at once making fun of the losing team. Based on BFDIA 2, as the camera zoomed out to a point where Pin, Coiny, and Donut were no longer visible on screen, there appeared to be thousands of clones of various contestants on screen at once. The contestants who should solidly get this ability are:
  • Bubble
  • Blocky
  • Pencil
  • Pen
  • Leafy
  • Dora
  • Gelatin
  • Ruby
  • Puffball
  • Yellow Face
  • Firey
  • Golf Ball
  • Needle
  • Spongy
Also, Announcer should get his own duplication ability as well since 4 Announcers came out of the Announcer Recovery Center at once.

Announcer Regeneration

Announcer should get Low-Mid Regeneration from being able to regenerate 1/3 of his body that was dissolved in acid.

TL;DR
  • Everyone gets a “possibly 4-A” added to their tiers while Evil Leafy solidly becomes 4-A
  • Everyone’s speed gets upgraded to 82524240819.960861206c
  • Bubble, Blocky, Pencil, Pen, Leafy, Dora, Gelatin, Ruby, Puffball, Yellow Face, Firey, Golf Ball, Needle, Spongy, and Announcer get Duplication
  • Announcer gets Low-Mid Regeneration

Damn LeafyIsHere is a lot more OP than I remember him being.

This all seems fine.

BFDI continues to grow more and more absurdly fast.

Yeah agree with everything here. I’m not a massive fan of the varies rating but that’s a big change for a franchise I only have interest in outside of vs debating, so happy with the current proposal

Been a while since I've watched this show. But this all seems fine, and I don't really get why all of their power levels seem to vary but eh

The Varies rating was only kept due to how inconsistent the characters have been portrayed throughout the series since sometimes they’ve been shown to die to tier 8 or tier 9 things despite them doing more impressive stuff. Though, to be fair, I have had intentions of removing the varies rating given deaths are meant to be treated as gags out of entertainment.

This should be fine to apply. 4 staffs approval for such small upgrade seems enough.

Well, I suppose it’s time to apply them now that there’s 3 staff approvals.

Should be noted that Evil Leafy should be full-on 4-A due to the pocket dimension being inside of her.
Housing or creating a pocket dimension doesn't mean the person instsntl scales to the creation calc. You need to prove that they made it quickly, that the dimension relies on their character I some fashion and that they have a power system that would scale their creation feat to their AP.

The result of this revision seems fine, other than a different matter that can remove the multi-solar system level upgrade. Now is a good time for me to write about it. I still find it questionable for Evil Leafy's internal stars to apply to her physical power, since they are supposed to be much smaller than stars in outer space due to being inside her internal world which is much smaller than the normal world. It's true that compared to the size of the shrunken FreeSmart characters right before they left Evil Leafy, the stars would still be huge in the normal world, but they would be far bigger than Evil Leafy if they were like that when in her internal world, so her internal world must be even smaller than the exit to it. To the standards of the normal sizes of the characters, Evil Leafy's internal stars must be smaller than her in order for them to fit inside her. The size that the stars should be gives me the same feeling as Bubble and Ice Cube playing catch with a star from the Big Dipper, except the star was small enough to fit in Bubble's hand and the star functioned like a little ball that can be thrown effortlessly, so characters moving it wasn't supposed to have the context of super strength unlike the time the Have Cots repositioned the Sun during a challenge. So in conclusion, in terms of how the characters normally are, Evil Leafy's internal stars would most likely be tiny ones that even we would be capable of moving, therefore normal Leafy having these inside her wouldn't be significant either.

Now my thread from September that seems to have missed many people should finally be looked at: https://vsbattles.com/threads/bfdi-revisions-september-2022.141786/. I've been waiting patiently.

Why would you think the stars are much smaller inside of Evil Leafy? Bubble and Ice Cube playing with the stars are just a result of toon force, not that it matters since that is highly irrelevent to Evil Leafy. Plus, while it may have been true that FreeSmart has been shrunken, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the stars are shrunken. Also, we don’t really get any context as to how they get out of Evil Leafy’s body and onto her external body surface considering how the game was never finished. Finally, I’m pretty sure you don’t seem to understand the point of pocket realities making areas look bigger in the inside despite being smaller on the outside like hammerspace.

As for this scaling to her, her life force was pretty much already creating the pocket dimension inside of her so if Leafy was turning into Evil Leafy, the pocket dimension would’ve been created in her instantly. And when she died, it was implied that the dimension was destroyed as well given how Match stated that Golf Ball, Tennis Ball, Rocky, Firey, and Gelatin, who were in the dimension, have died despite how Evil Leafy only harmlessly devours them.

Last edited:
Why would you think the stars are much smaller inside of Evil Leafy? Bubble and Ice Cube playing with the stars are just a result of toon force, plus while it may have been true that FreeSmart has been shrunken, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the stars are shrunken. We don’t really get any context as to how they get out of Evil Leafy’s body and onto her external body surface considering how the game was never finished.

As for this scaling to her, her life force was pretty much already creating the pocket dimension inside of her, and when she died, it was implied that the dimension was destroyed as well given how Match stated that Golf Ball, Tennis Ball, Rocky, Firey, and Gelatin, who were in the dimension, have died despite how Evil Leafy only harmlessly devours them.
I too find that the stars technically aren't smaller inside of Evil Leafy, but if they aren't literally smaller, then they're only there because of hax, since they must be able to fit in Evil Leafy somehow despite her not being star sized. An ability like spatial manipulation that passively affects the inside of Evil Leafy can be one explanation, but that's hax. Her internal world being a pocket reality is another idea, but it's hax all the same that allows Evil Leafy to fit a world inside of her, with it being condensed there and never being applied to Evil Leafy's combat. (I only mentioned Bubble and Ice Cube playing with a star to help with visualizing the alternative option of her internal world being smaller.)

By "life force", I interpret your words as that the energy Evil Leafy exerts by existing sustains her internal world. I think that hax was simply sustaining the internal world. Lost contestants within her dying when she got crushed is likely just because external factors that affect her internally also affect her pocket reality. Evil Leafy got completely crushed, so the contestants did too, because whatever was containing Evil Leafy's internal world no longer had room for anything. Book said that the HPRC got crushed (because it was inside of Evil Leafy who got crushed), so it's not as though Evil Leafy's internal world supernaturally disappeared from existence because she was no longer alive to sustain it. I also don't remember it being stated that her internal world was created, and even if it was, that creation ability needs to have evidence of applying to her power, which it doesn't.

I too find that the stars technically aren't smaller inside of Evil Leafy, but if they aren't literally smaller, then they're only there because of hax, since they must be able to fit in Evil Leafy somehow despite her not being star sized. An ability like spatial manipulation that passively affects the inside of Evil Leafy can be one explanation, but that's hax. Her internal world being a pocket reality is another idea, but it's hax all the same that allows Evil Leafy to fit a world inside of her, with it being condensed there and never being applied to Evil Leafy's combat. (I only mentioned Bubble and Ice Cube playing with a star to help with visualizing the alternative option of her internal world being smaller.)

By "life force", I interpret your words as that the energy Evil Leafy exerts by existing sustains her internal world. I think that hax was simply sustaining the internal world. Lost contestants within her dying when she got crushed is likely just because external factors that affect her internally also affect her pocket reality. Evil Leafy got completely crushed, so the contestants did too, because whatever was containing Evil Leafy's internal world no longer had room for anything. Book said that the HPRC got crushed (because it was inside of Evil Leafy who got crushed), so it's not as though Evil Leafy's internal world supernaturally disappeared from existence because she was no longer alive to sustain it. I also don't remember it being stated that her internal world was created, and even if it was, that creation ability needs to have evidence of applying to her power, which it doesn't.
You might've not been notified of this message because I responded too quickly.

What is David's intellegence level? Imo it should be average because of the David.wav file. I mean it depends if we consider it cannon but I do (more than the shorts at least)

I think it should be above average. He can fly planes and bake plus speaks normally now based on the David.wav file showing he speaks a different language like Dora

I think it should be above average. He can fly planes and bake plus speaks normally now based on the David.wav file showing he speaks a different language like Dora
David's intelligence is "at least Average" based on plenty of information you wrote. I don't know what "the David.wav file" is though.

David's intelligence is "at least Average" based on plenty of information you wrote. I don't know what "the David.wav file" is though.
look into humany's (one of cary's) channel and you will find a video about David. It gives a lote of info about his species. I wonder if his weird ability of being able to slice through things when skinny should be added (not really combat usable but he has been skinny before; if added then dora also get's it for being a davidian). regardless his intelligence should be imo above average since he already fly's planes and bakes so now that his speach is apperently normal (language not gibberish) and not incomprehensable, it deserves a higher intellegence placement

look into humany's (one of cary's) channel and you will find a video about David. It gives a lote of info about his species. I wonder if his weird ability of being able to slice through things when skinny should be added (not really combat usable but he has been skinny before; if added then dora also get's it for being a davidian). regardless his intelligence should be imo above average since he already fly's planes and bakes so now that his speach is apperently normal (language not gibberish) and not incomprehensable, it deserves a higher intellegence placement
I just watched "david.wav", and it's very interesting. However, this counts as unused content, so it's non-canon. Cary didn't remember that he had this file, nor the contents of it, so the information most likely wasn't kept in mind when events involving David were designed.

Some information is inaccurate to what is shown in canon. The file states that "aw, seriously" has many meanings and is a complex language, even though David only says it when it's fitting in English. Sure he may use the phrase in different senses, but that's still normal English, and David has said other words before when those words suit the situation. Not all David type characters say "aw, seriously", only the ones that look like him do, so him claiming that he comes from a species that speaks that language isn't true. David and his clones, which are regarded as clones, are the ones that say "aw, seriously", and they are called "Davids", not being referred to as the same person, unlike what the file says. The term "Davidian" has also never been used, the species has always been called "David", again, not in the sense that the characters are the same person, unlike what the file says.

The purpose of this file seemed to be what Cary suspected; just a random story that was meant to be sped up if David was going to have a similar way of speaking as Dora did early on in the series. A lot about Dora has been retconned, so if David had similarities to those aspects of her, then it must be retconned by now too. Maybe the contents of this old file will become canon in the future, now that Cary has discovered it, but we'd need to wait and see that.

I just watched "david.wav", and it's very interesting. However, this counts as unused content, so it's non-canon. Cary didn't remember that he had this file, nor the contents of it, so the information most likely wasn't kept in mind when events involving David were designed.
I was wondering how canonical this was but yeah your right about it being non-cannon. That being said, it was used when they initially made David though it doesn't seem that it mattered too much since it wasn't expanded on

The file states that "aw, seriously" has many meanings and is a complex language, even though David only says it when it's fitting in English. Sure he may use the phrase in different senses, but that's still normal English, and David has said other words before when those words suit the situation.
I assume it's just English but a lot fewer words basically. I mean he never said "Aw Seriously" was the only word in their language though it does have identical words to English so I will agree on that

Not all David type characters say "aw, seriously", only the ones that look like him do, so him claiming that he comes from a species that speaks that language isn't true.
I assume they are more like dialects since Davids commonly have similar ways of speaking (Dora is obvious). It's likely David just groups them all into the same general language but that's my view on it.

David and his clones, which are regarded as clones, are the ones that say "aw, seriously", and they are called "Davids", not being referred to as the same person, unlike what the file says
The wiki does label all David-type characters as Davids so I think that was the intent not the clones

David and his clones, which are regarded as clones, are the ones that say "aw, seriously", and they are called "Davids", not being referred to as the same person, unlike what the file says
I don't remember where they mention all of them as Davids (I know the wiki does) in the show. Like is Dora said to be a David in the show at any point?

The purpose of this file seemed to be what Cary suspected; just a random story that was meant to be sped up if David was going to have a similar way of speaking as Dora did early on in the series.
While possible, another idea is that it could be a Firey Coiny situation of something that was going on before the show started but the show never stated it (the rivalry in BFDI is never explained in the show but out of show it is so maybe this was intented as being important for David but was forgotten)

Maybe the contents of this old file will become canon in the future, now that Cary has discovered it, but we'd need to wait and see that.
I really hope it is expanded on and is cannon since it adds a lot to David imo but yeah we need to see if it will matter in TPOT EXIT scenes

I was wondering how canonical this was but yeah your right about it being non-cannon. That being said, it was used when they initially made David though it doesn't seem that it mattered too much since it wasn't expanded on
I see it as retconned in addition to that, which I'll explain better below.
I assume it's just English but a lot fewer words basically. I mean he never said "Aw Seriously" was the only word in their language though it does have identical words to English so I will agree on that

I assume they are more like dialects since Davids commonly have similar ways of speaking (Dora is obvious). It's likely David just groups them all into the same general language but that's my view on it.
What I mean is like, when David says "Yeah?" or "No!", that makes "Aw, seriously?" look so normal. If anything, "david.wav" dramatizes how his catchphrase can have different connotations, making it clear that he isn't dumb, but not that he's some sort of advanced life-form beyond normal human comprehension. Keep in mind that the file is narrated by David himself, so he could've wanted to overstate his way of speaking to make it smarter than it really is.
The wiki does label all David-type characters as Davids so I think that was the intent not the clones

I don't remember where they mention all of them as Davids (I know the wiki does) in the show. Like is Dora said to be a David in the show at any point?
I'll use links to show you what I mean. When the Jacknjellify Patreon had the option of recommending a character, stickfigure characters were referred to as David type characters, as in "David" is the name of the species. It's deleted on the actual page now, but you can look at what I'm referring to using Wayback Machine. As for on the show itself, David was just one character at first, originating as a recommended character during BFDI 15: Vomitaco. There were other stickfigure characters, but they had different names, so no one referred to them all as David mistaking them for the same person, unlike what is stated in "david.wav". The first time there were more Davids was when the Announcer cloned the original one for ten minutes, during BFDI 24: Insectophobe's Nightmare 2. This created Davidland, which is confirmed in David's biography in the Battle for Dream Island Official Character Guide. The sea of Davids that is Davidland was referred to as "Davids" by Firey during BFDIA 5e: The Long-lost Yoyle City, so the clones are still acknowledged to be different entities to this day. I should put this information on my explanations blog post, so thanks for giving me the incentive to post it here.
While possible, another idea is that it could be a Firey Coiny situation of something that was going on before the show started but the show never stated it (the rivalry in BFDI is never explained in the show but out of show it is so maybe this was intented as being important for David but was forgotten)

I really hope it is expanded on and is cannon since it adds a lot to David imo but yeah we need to see if it will matter in TPOT EXIT scenes
Maybe. Either way, as I showed above, "david.wav" doesn't seem to be accurate to canon, so it's best to not use it as evidence as of now.

Back