• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A revision to Battle for Dream Island that I can imagine people have been optimistically awaiting.

The Announcer has the ability to affect the budget of the show, which is the reality in which the show takes place in. It got to a point where, during BFB 29: SOS (Save Our Show), he was able to cut so much of the budget that the show was going to end, and everyone was going to be turned off forever. This is already accepted as universal range, but considering how it counts as destruction, it can also give the Announcer an extra tier that he achieves via budget cuts. However, it isn't just “Universal”, as in tier 3. It should actually be enough to reach tier 2. I propose that the Announcer gets “Universe level+ Environmental Destruction via budget cuts” added to his profile. The next paragraph elaborates about why.

In the context of BFDI, like most fictional works in my experience, I think it's safe to presume that “the show” > the temporal dimension, when metafiction is portrayed the way it is here. This is because time is part of and inside “BFB”, “the show”, that the Announcer can control the budget of, as clearly seen by how characters can move and acknowledge the passage of time within their world. An additional detail that seals the deal is that, still during the climactic budget cut incident of BFB 29: SOS (Save Our Show), when Gelatin proposed a hypothetical alternate timeline where Two never showed up and BFB 16: The Escape from Four continued without a split in the cast of characters, the show demonstrated the timeline on-screen, and the lower quality animation was there too as a result of the budget cuts that were presently happening, even though the quality was normal during the original 16ᵗʰ episode. It wasn't just a peek into Gelatin's imagination, because Gelatin's imagination wasn't actually what was depicted; the characters were trying to think of ways to save the show, so it doesn't make sense for Gelatin to have thought of a very specific way for the BFB split to have still happened, followed by him saying an observational “Phew, luckily that never happened - that timeline sounds so weird!”. The vision factored in how the BFB split was inevitable and plot-induced in our real life perspective, so it was most likely an actual vision of the hypothetical timeline that the characters could see. That means the budget cuts affected the show to the point where them being caused at a present moment also meant that a flashback and hypothetical alternate outcome where there were no budget cuts at that time still had the effect, meaning the budget cuts did in fact affect the temporal dimension.

Although no other character has been shown to affect the universe like the Announcer has, this ability should apply to any character who can control the budget of the show. Four and X are important examples. Four mentioned during BFB 22: Who Stole Donut's Diary? that “we” didn't have a high enough budget to build a jail, and the Announcer mentioned during BFB 28: B.F.B. = Back From Beginning that X and Four barely spent the budget of BFB, which allowed the Announcer to purchase props from throughout the whole season to command an ultimate challenge that combined all the previous challenges. The first evidence could be objected, but the second one clearly implies that Four and X had the potential to have used the budget of the show in the same way the Announcer can.

Trying to kill off Announcer’s placement on the Non-Smurf list by making him a smurf, huh...

I agree with this, even though I’ll miss looking at his high ranking on that Non-Smurf list, but the range of the budget cuts should also be Interdimensional since as they were going to erase everything within the BFDIverse, it would’ve included the pocket dimensions Four and Evil Leafy have within them.

For anyone getting the powers of budget cuts, they should get Plot Manipulation, BFR, and Power Nullification scaling from Announcer’s doings with budget cuts.

Trying to kill off Announcer’s placement on the Non-Smurf list by making him a smurf, huh...

I agree with this, even though I’ll miss looking at his high ranking on that Non-Smurf list, but the range of the budget cuts should also be Interdimensional since as they were going to erase everything within the BFDIverse, it would’ve included the pocket dimensions Four and Evil Leafy have within them.

For anyone getting the powers of budget cuts, they should get Plot Manipulation, BFR, and Power Nullification scaling from Announcer’s doings with budget cuts.
I haven't been keeping track of the Announcer's ranking like that, but now that you mention it, I still think this trade-off is good. I find it more appealing to be able to officially and truthfully consider BFDI characters as tier 2 on the VS Battles Wiki, even though it's just through hax.

Good elaboration. I'll include your ideas in the revision when it gets accepted.

if this is added to Four and X's profiles then it should be "possibly Uni+ with the budget" which also would be applicable to other hosts such as Firey Speaker Box who was able to sell the TV he was using all of those characters haven't shown the ability to deplete the budget to tearing up the whole universe as the announcer has

Also, it can be noted that the BFDI universe is one that is infinite (Non-Existy can expand into an infinite space that is the BFDI outer space)

Also, it can be noted that the BFDI universe is one that is infinite (Non-Existy can expand into an infinite space that is the BFDI outer space)
Time is bigger than infinite 3D space, since time is 4D. It might be misleading to include the information about the universe's size, since the budget cuts are going to be ranked as I proposed for them affecting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back