• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Absolute Size of Soul Society

ArachDusa

She/Her
Just an interesting observation I had while reading the Soul King's profile. It has two keys - one for the current Soul King after losing his limbs and organs, and one for the Soul King in his "Prime". i.e. before he lost said body parts and was sealed in a crystal. His Attack Potency section is as follows:
Planet level (His mere presence keeps three planets from merging together into one and stabilizes the three realms from being consumed with chaos) | Multi-Solar System level (Created the Soul Society, a realm shown to contain countless stars and The World of the Living which is parallel to Soul Society)
So I'm curious to know... What exactly are the three planets that the Soul King's presence keeps from merging together? The prospect that this is referring to Soul Society, the World of the Living and Hueco Mundo is seemingly contradicted by his second key stating that Soul Society contains countless stars. I could posit this thread in content revision and say that it's a contradiction and either the Soul King's prime should be downgraded or Bleach's 5-B and 5-A characters should be upgraded to 4-A, but I seriously doubt the Wikia editors wouldn't have noticed this if it actually was just an inconsistency and wasn't supported by some argument. So instead I'm going to ask, what are these arguments? Why is Soul Society seemingly considered both 5-B and 4-A, in the very same profile no less? And, also, why aren't said arguments mentioned in the Soul King's attack potency description or in a note on his profile? I would really be surprised if there actually aren't arguments explaining this, but in my experience they're probably predicated on something pretty obvious that I'm just missing. Thank you.

For some reason, the Soul King's first key considers that the Soul King is only maintaining the Three Planets and not any of the spaces that are within or connected the worlds - like the Soul King's Palace, the Muken, and the Dangai - which doesn't make any sense.

I think it was made like this to make it an easier pill for people to swallow that Bleach characters would be rated so highly.

Last edited:
Imagine when the 3rd novel is translated and if the official translations re confirm the whole universal stuff + him holding all not just planets

He said he's been busy with RL stuff in his most recent post, but there was a long ass thread a long time ago.

This is the most interesting page IMO. The Soul King stabilizies the Soul Society, and by extension this stabilizes everything connected to it. So instead of using his energy to maintain all worlds, you could consider that the Soul King is maintaining one world that has a chain effect to the other worlds.

So, when the Soul King is removed the Soul Society becomes unstable and by extension this affects every other world connected to it as Yhwach says. So destroying the Soul Society will in turn destroy all of the other worlds, but that isn't the same as destroying all world simultaneously IMO.

For some reason, the Soul King's first key considers that the Soul King is only maintaining the Three Planets and not any of the spaces that are within or connected the worlds - like the Soul King's Palace, the Muken, and the Dangai - which doesn't make any sense.

I think it was made like this to make it an easier pill for people to swallow that Bleach characters would be rated so highly.
This.
Wiki decided since stars or whatever weren't being destroyed on the panel those guys should be rated at whatever we saw. Which would be the 3 planets.

This is the most interesting page IMO. The Soul King stabilizies the Soul Society, and by extension this stabilizes everything connected to it. So instead of using his energy to maintain all worlds, you could consider that the Soul King is maintaining one world that has a chain effect to the other worlds.

So, when the Soul King is removed the Soul Society becomes unstable and by extension this affects every other world connected to it as Yhwach says. So destroying the Soul Society will in turn destroy all of the other worlds, but that isn't the same as destroying all world simultaneously IMO.
Except Soul King Yhwach, with this energy, was literally undoing what the Soul King did when he made creation, with his own energy. Breaking down the worlds to create a world where Death didn't exist.

The fact that we consider SK Yhwach to only be 5-B (or 5-A?), when not doing the same (but opposite) At least 4-A feat (I don't understand why we just consider the worlds to be 4-A, the real world is the real world, it should be the same size as our own universe) that the Soul King did in his Prime.

Not to mention the fact that Yhwach also should logically absorb both arms, the heart, and the brain of the Soul King - meaning that he should have absorbed nearly the complete Soul King.

Our God tier scaling doesn't make much sense.

Part of the problem is that we only see Yhwach ripping apart the Soul Society before he is interrupted. We don't see him ripping apart all of the worlds at once.

But I think you're right, there are issues.

Wasn't the brain of the Soul King salvaged for the novels?

Well, tbf, Yhwach didn't really get the chance to finish, and IIRC, we see Kazui grabbing at some of Yhwach's energy in the real world, implying that his energy went to other worlds like he said it did.

Was it? I didn't really read the novels, I just assumed that Yhwach would have absorbed him. I might be wrong there.

But there are definitely some issues.

I believe that another user is planning on making a proper revision thread for the God Tiers in the future, so we can probably leave the issue until then to resolve.

I believe that another user is planning on making a proper revision thread for the God Tiers in the future, so we can probably leave the issue until then to resolve.
This.

I have my own things I want to address about this that weren’t already brought to light when that topic is eventually made.

It seems best explain that the Soul King stabilizes the Soul Society, and then the Soul Society in turn stabilizes and holds up Gueco Mundo, Dangai, and Earth.

Part of the problem is that we only see Yhwach ripping apart the Soul Society before he is interrupted. We don't see him ripping apart all of the worlds at once.

But I think you're right, there are issues.

Wasn't the brain of the Soul King salvaged for the novels?
We do see the other worlds being affected in panels, mostly earthquakes from the planets moving.

What do y'all need from me?

We do see the other worlds being affected in panels, mostly earthquakes from the planets moving.

I think that's a separate instance to what I was referring to. I know we see panels of the other worlds back when the Soul King was killed.

Back