• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos: Quality of Life changes and New Resistances

Ok, it’s time for another look at Thanos. Luckily, today will have nothing to do with crazy levels of cosmic power or such and such. No, we’re here to look at some problems in Thanos’ profile and some new resistances. Let us proceed.

Quality of Life Changes

Okay, we say that Thanos cannot fly, only levitate in his Weaknesses. That’s a blatant contradiction by Thanos’ own P&A section where we already say he can fly and show him doing so. So that needs to be removed.

Next, we say that Thanos needs his chair to teleport. But he doesn’t. Thanos has shown that he can teleport without the chair. As shown here from page 12 of the Infinity Revelation. He also showed it here, page 32 of Avengers Annual 7.

New Abilities

Paralyzes Phyla-Vell with energy. From pages 5 & 6 of Annihilation#2.

Resistances

He takes a nerve strike that would have killed anyone else and shakes it off. From page 18 & 19 of Warlock and the Infinity Watch #8.

Tanks Corvus Glaive's Halberd, which can carve atoms. From page 13 of Thanos #1.

His energies are considered alien and couldn't be manipulated. From page 7 of Annihilation #2.

Based on the above I move to:

1. Remove Thanos "can't fly weakness" and "teleportation with chair"

2. Give him Paralysis Inducement.

3. Give him Resistance to Pressure Points, Matter Manipulation and Energy Manipulation.

This seems uncontroversial to apply.

Couldn't agree more with this. I never understood why they even put there originally

And obviously, agreed with the rest too.
Because that is how Jim Starlin used to portray him. For example near the end of the Infinity Gauntlet series, he was stranded helpless in outer space.

Yes, other writers ignored it and did whatever they felt like, as usual.

I'm iffy about that Pressure Points resistance, it could just be that he has higher durability and hence he can take it better than the rest w/o any resistance. Possibly that is good, and the rest is good.

Okay, then if we're agreed, I can make the changes is someone can unlock Thanos' profile.

Also, by references, I assume we mean links to the pages of where these feats happened?

I will unlock it. Tell me here when you are done.

Also, by references, I assume we mean links to the pages of where these feats happened?
No. See here:

Ok, I've made the changes. I believe that I've got the references formatting right, but would someone please look it over. If there's a specific way that people want it to look, I'd like to know and then know how to do it. This was my first time ever adding references.

Thank you. I made a correction:

Back