• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian vs. Link (Breath Of The Wild)

Since when does he fight danmaku
I was saying skill in general, but Wokistan brought up a good point so it's changed now.

Last thing I'm going to say. Both of them are on the opposite sides of Central Park, and know they're going to fight, right?

Link, not knowing where his unknown opponent is, summons Wolf Link, put on the sheikah armor and drinks a silent potion (remember that this can be considered a forest in Link's eyes, and it's in character for him to play stealth in there)

If Terrarian decides to seatch for his opponent, Link will know where he is thanks to Sheikah Slate and Wolf Link, who goes and distract Terrarian, just for him to stomp him and localize Link via enhanced senses. Link will then Stasis because of panic, and then hit him with One-Hit Obliterator or Ancient Arrows (he killed Wolfie)

If Terrarian decides to simply destroy everything, that would give Link his location, and trust me, Link has a good aim with that bow (https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/9be4ba0bb8df3af72e90a0535fabcc17431e540a feat at 6:30)

If he destroys everything in one hit, Daruk's Protection should (barely) protect him (at worse, Mipha revives him), and with the forest out of the way, Link can Stasis+EE.

And yes, Link is likely to use the combination of the two haxes, as they ARE both his main haxes. Link's fighting style is not only sword and shield, it's "hit him with the strongest thing you have until it dies" (namely, new dungeon weapon in other games, Sheikah Slate and arrows in this game [only God knows how many people defeated the Blights by just spamming arrows]). The game gives you simply so much freedom it's nearly impossible to not come out with your own fighting style, and using "Link's", but this things are used by basically everyone. So long as there's not a reason for Link to not use his MAIN haxes, he's going to use them

^ except the cell phone the Terrarian has completely throws all the stealth stuff out the water (and the Terrarian has a potion that teleports him straight to where link is); also if you want to include wolf link, then the Terrarian could just summon the MoonLord and make this Link vs Terrarian vs MoonLord, which would put Link at a disadvantage since the Terrarian can already defeated before the Moonlord and the Moonlord will know where link is

TriforcePower1 said:
Seriously, is his cell phone that op?
It has teleportation (only to his home, but that's why he has the rod of discord), a metal detector, a sensor that detects rare enemies, and has a few other ways to detect enemies, and the Terrarian doesn't even need to have the phone out to get all this information.

The definition of "main" hax isn't "strongest one available" but the ones the most used by the character.

Also once again your argument is painfully hypocritical. You blame me for "assuming" the Terrarian's fightning style (When it's pretty much the only one useable), yet you come up with ridiculously precise strategies to make Link wins.

Also yeah no stealth isn't an option with the Terrarian. Cellphone detects people near him and Hunter Potion nulls even invisibility. Terrarian has far better stealth game than Link (invisibility and all).

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The definition of "main" hax isn't "strongest one available" but the ones the most used by the character.

Also once again your argument is painfully hypocritical. You blame me for "assuming" the Terrarian's fightning style (When it's pretty much the only one useable), yet you come up with ridiculously precise strategies to make Link wins.

Also yeah no stealth isn't an option with the Terrarian. Cellphone detects people near him and Hunter Potion nulls even invisibility. Terrarian has far better stealth game than Link (invisibility and all).
In this case they are the same

I'm sorry if my question seemed like I was blaming you, that was not my intentions. And the only reason it's detailed is just because I wanted to express my last thoughts.

Not really. Link isn't fully invisible and can't counter the Terrarian's invisibility, while the latter can counter Link's.

Unless you believe Wolf Link being a Wolf is enough, which it isn't.

I was referring about the fact that "main hax" and "strongest hax" in this case are the same (not counting one-hit obliterator)

They aren't. Some character can have extremely strong hax and never use it and would rather use weaker hax.

Madotsuki, for example, doesn't spam Low 2-C Void Manip when she fights someone despite it being her "best hax".

In this case, they are. Sheikah Slate is basically the new "ability" of this game (and stasis is the only combat useful rune), and Ancient Arrows were shown in the announcement trailer, in the official artwork and amiibo

Seikah state sucks because Hunter Potion. They're shown often because they're important to the lore. But that doesn't mean that Link will only use that, especially given how they're supposed to be rare.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Hunter is better. It basically makes invisibility non-factor.
I mean Danger sense would highlight the Seikah Slate because it's dangerous, while the hunter potion just allows him to know where Link is

Terrarian FRA. Daruk's protection wouldn't reflect enough damage to kill the terrarian, and he can instantly heal it with a potion, then easily overwhelm Link.

Ok I have four things to say 1) this pretty much a fight to see who has the better | Cell phone, and ironically this phone is a lot more helpful in this scenario 2) Daruk's protection only redirects laser (and the only weapon (last prism) that fires lasers straight from the Terrarian, and not space or a summon, come in at an angle so he's going to notice them being redirected before they hit him) 3) This fight can be added 4) I have recently played through Breath of the Wild but I don't know if I'm qualified enough to decide who would win and I think someone like Cal (not to say TriforcePower1 isn't knowledgeable, just that more people that know about Link could help) could bring up good points, but if that's unnecessary then this can be added.

when you mak external links you must put a space instead of a |:
[https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Cell_Phone| Cell] = Cell (wrong)
[https://terraria.gamepedia.com/Cell_Phone Cell] = Cell (right)

^ I thought I put a space (but my phone sucks so I won't be surprised if it did that)

• Edit ok I some what fixed it (atleast it actually links to what I'm talking about)

I count 7 or 8 for the Terrarian and 3 for link, but one of the Link vote was because of Daruk's protection which would be worthless since it only redirects lasers not all attacks (and it redirects laser because it reflective not because it has a special ability since some (or maybe all) metal shields in the game can redirect lasers).

• Terrarian: me, Saikou, RRTheEndMan, FDrybob, Wokistan, Zachary, Overlord775, Glass
  • Link: TriforcePower1, Chartate101, Zanybrainy2000.

I know the this fights already been added but I just collected all the memories in Breath of the Wild and in the memories not only did it say Link was reckless but it also shows he primarily a sword fighter, so him busting out time stop and ancient arrow instantly is most likely not going to happen.

Back