• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian vs. Link (Breath Of The Wild)

Terrarian is a bit stronger, and would likely kill Link in two shots due to intangible attacks and all. Also far more ruthless than Link (Who I doubt would spam his hax all over the place), better mobility and better range game (Danmaku and all)

Mipha's Grace+ Daruk's Protection+Stasis+Ancient Arrows/One-Hit Obliterator=GG

Translation= Terrarian One-Shots, Resurrection via Mipha's Grace, Terrarian attacks again, Link uses Daruk's Protection to send back the attack, while he's confused Link uses Stasis and attacks him with existance erasure/One-Hit Kill. Link wins

@Triforce considering Terrarian has danmaku, which he can spam if he wants to, I doubt Link can survive that long since he can only use Daruk's protection 3 times, and revive 1 time.

The real cal howard said:
I don't understand how Terrarian's stronger when Link scales to a higher feat...
The Terrarian scales to The moon lord who is superior to the Celestial pillars, and a fraction of the power of those towers can make a 153 ninetons feat

Link scales to a weakened Calamity Ganon, who while having most of his power sealed made a 143 ninenatons feat

i would say that terrrarian has the edge in AP

While the Terrarian does have multiple methods of redirecting damage back to an attacker, it requires him to only redirect a third of the damage while not negating the damage the enemy inflicted or to replace whatever armor he is using with a defense-based melee set (Of which I doubt he would do, given the fact that the Terrarian would most likely have upgraded into beetle armor prior to killing the Moon Lord).

Going by the fact that Link has more hax (Such as resurrection, which Link can utilize after dying, knowing that the Terrarian can inflict massive amounts of damage and take quite a bit of harm. This would cause Link to use the item that TriforcePower1 mentioned in his post [Daruk's Protection]. Given that the aforementioned ability negates and redirects damage [Which would be devastating, given how easily weapons such as meowmere can harm the Terrarian if we compare it to the Selenians reflecting their projectiles]) and could easily learn of how powerful the Terrarian is - therefore causing Link to use his hax in order to deal with him -, I would say Link for the reasons given as well as the reasons above.

In short, I vote for Link due to being able to take advantage of the Terrarian's damage output and tactics (violently rush) with Daruk's Protection and ranged loldeletetools (void arrows)

Incnc, if terrarian starts with danmaku nad richhet he wins, via ink nt even understanding wtf just haened, but if ink starts with hax he stms

So would the Terrarian be considered a boss type enemy since he has the ap advantage (I haven't used an arrow on a hinox (or how ever you spell it) yet), or would he be considered a normal enemy.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Even though Link doesn't spam timestop in-character.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a canon fighting style, but would he be able to pull it off, you have to aim time stop which is going to be hard against an enemy that can turn invisible, teleport, dig or fly, and can blast you to pieces. So either Link time stops or he gets shot. I vote inconclusive, the Terrarian's ruthless and has many ways to dodge but Link has void manipulation

Not having a canon fighting style =/= Assuming bloodlust.

Not that it matters. Terrarian outranges the Time Stop, can dodge the arrows, superior AP (Link only beat a weakened Ganon, while the Terrarian easily beat characters who are far higher than a feat slightly below Ganon's), has dura-ignore weapons and out-danamakus.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Not having a canon fighting style =/= Assuming bloodlust.

Not that it matters. Terrarian outranges the Time Stop, can dodge the arrows, superior AP (Link only beat a weakened Ganon, while the Terrarian easily beat characters who are far higher than a feat slightly below Ganon's), has dura-ignore weapons and out-danamakus.
I usually assume if a character doesn't have a canon fighting style and they are not cocky they would use your best abilities first due to dominate straight (explain by Jontron in his Aquaman review (I.E if they have a weapon of death and destruction why would they not use it)). But the other points you brought up do help convince me (now all I need to do is beat the last divine guardian, so I know how links redirection works).

It's still silly to assume Link will go with that specific combination of moves right off the bat against an unknown opponent. Even then, what little we know of Link doesn't spam hax and prefer basic weapons IIRC.

^ I know it's a little silly,but Link isn't cocky in anyway, has a way to ends fights instantly, and the Terrarian is pretty scary looking (solar armor or nebulas red demon eyes come to mind), but yeah the Terrarian probably out ranges and shots Link to death until he runs out of fairies (sorry everyone as much as I love Breath of the Wild, I'm voting Terrarian) Also he doesn't have mind resistance on his page so he either hits air because the Brain of Cthulhu item or he swings at an intangible stand because of the Terrarians minor mind manipulation

PIS is a thing. Something violently present too in the LoZ series from what I see too. You don't have to be cocky to not use hax.

^ but PIS means Plot induced stupidity; if it comes from the plot it doesn't count, and Link in the final fight doesn't fall under PIS since you actually have to use the Guardian powers to win (but that does bring up the point that Link in Canon needed 4 mechs, a sword meant to kill evil, and Zelda to defeat Ganon so I that means he needed a lot of help, while the Terrarian defeated the MoonLord with items he got before the true end game items).

I defeated the last divine guardian. Ganon can break Daruk's Protection in a single hit, and I've never seen it redirected an attacks, but even if the Terrarian can't break it; he would notice (the Terrarian made a device that drags the moon from orbit, I doubt he would stand around like an idiot because his attack stopped working). Also I found a way almost every Terrarian play style could win. If the Terrarian's a summoner, he mindhaxes Link and has him wail at an intangible creature while Link gets eaten by cells or a dragon. If the Terrarian's a ranged build he runs out of Link's range and shots at Link from afar. If it's a mage, Link nulls his magic, so the Terrarian uses his mining mount to dig underground and change equipment. If the Terrarian's a melee character this is the time he possibly loses, but it depends on what the Terrarian has equipped and what weapon he uses. If he uses a weapon that goes through walls he probably just goes underground and wails at Link while tries following, or if he has the Brain of Cthulhu item equipped, Limk hits the Terrarian only to start wailing at air because he thinks the Terrarians behind him

i think that the Terrarian wins, He has already dealt with enemies that can deflect his attacks, and with his damaku link's Daruk's protaction wouldn't last long. also he has flight, teleportation alongside higher AP and far longer range, and there's also the fact that Link (according to Saikou) dosn't spam hax

Terrarian starts too far away to be hit by time stop and Link wouldn't spam it right off the bat like you're implying he would.

It was used in the trailer against one of the things that are specifically weak to those arrows. If I'm not wrong the game outright discourages the use of those arrows unless not on guardians.

Stasis is the move with longest range for Link, and by SBA, it will be enought to hit Terrarian. How do we establish how a videogame character starts?

And Guardians are not weak against Ancient Arrows, they're literally the only non boss enemy that doesn't get deleted, but only one shotted. And the game doesn't discourage using them against other enemies, just that's the best way to deal with Guardians and that they're rare.

@Triforce SBA makes the starting range the range of the one with the longer range, if it doesn't surpass 4 Km in whch case they start at 4 Km from each other, so unless it has shown a 4 Km range it won't work

also regarding range, In Link's profile his range isn't listed

They're not one-shotted, but it's still most effective on them. Hence why it's best to keep them for them and not for any enemy.

Back