• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian vs. Link (Breath Of The Wild)

Link doesn't resist Magic and would have to get up close to use the Master Sword, which contradicts your argument that he'll use time stop and erase from the start, but it is also extremely unlikely to happen. Even if t does, the Terrarian will just spam his non-magic melee weapon.

Should be noted that after being beated to death and revived by Mipha, he will use EVERYTHING in order to beat him, and realizing that EE is his best shot, he will use Stasis to hit him

And assuming that he would is an even bigger one.

Simply put: Link has to use two specific abilities in a row in order to secure a win. Terrarian just has to spam most of his weapons to secure a win.

And that doesn't take into account Stasis' limited range. Really doubt it's gonna be 4 kilometers in range.

I've tried, and Stasis works on everything Link can see, so if he can see Terrarian, it will work.

And Link using Stasis+EE is likely to happen: Stasis is just a way to make sure the arrow hits.

TriforcePower1 said:
I've tried, and Stasis works on everything Link can see, so if he can see Terrarian, it will work.

And Link using Stasis+EE is likely to happen: Stasis is just a way to make sure the arrow hits.
The arrow still has to travel to the Terrarian and if he's far away or underground it's probably not going to make it to him in time.

4 kilometers away in Central Park against a moving (and likely invisible) target won't give you a clear line of sight.

It isn't, unless it's something Link does often against an Unknown opponent.

Links time stop is gonna be tricky to get off since he does need to aim it specifically at the Terrarian.

I'm also starting to somewhat doubt the legitimacy of his EE, I'll go into more detail at a later time, but for now I'll just say thay the Ancient Arrows aren't actually explicitly said to erase things from existence, the current basis we have for it right now is actually just assuming it's EE.

When I used Daruk protection it broke in a single hit to Ganon, since the Terrarian has the Ap advantage it should easily destory it; also how does Link get past getting mindhaxed to swing at an intangible creature or being hit from underground?

Keeweed said:
When I used Daruk protection it broke in a single hit to Ganon, since the Terrarian has the Ap advantage it should easily destory it; also how does Link get past getting mindhaxed to swing at an intangible creature or being hit from underground?
Calamity Ganon can't destroy it

Gotta love how all the arguments for Link relies on him pulling out all of his arsenals at once. Like he'd put out the shield, spam time stop + existence erasure AND null with the Master Sword, somehow all at the same time.

He destroyed it literally 5 minutes ago when I tried using it on him (I blocked and he shattered it instantly)

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Gotta love how all the arguments for Link relies on him pulling out all of his arsenals at once. Like he'd put out the shield, spam time stop + existence erasure AND null with the Master Sword, somehow all at the same time.
To be fair he kind of can. (Also I looked it up and nowhere does it say Daruk protection redirects damage or attacks (it blocks it but not reflects)

Only lasers? Not sure it counts as true attack reflection then. Only one of the Terrarian' major weapon is a laser.

Keeweed said:
He destroyed it literally 5 minutes ago when I tried using it on him (I blocked and he shattered it instantly)
You realize Dark Beast Ganon sucks at being a final boss when it took me 5 minutes for him to finally hit me, lol. I've realized that you were talking about Dark Beast and I've tried to block it. Results: it destroys Daruk's Protection, but you don't get any damage.

Considering the fact that the feat he has done was before he transformed into "his pure and enraged form" and that he can't destroy Daruk's Protection in the form he did the feat that puts him there, I wold say that it will likely happen something similar to this. Which would make Link realize how insanely strong Terrarian is and that would make him pull out his strongest hax. Terrarian can't use Danmaku for too much time as it's magic right?

Terrarian can spam all of his danmaku, really. Mana potions counters the lack of mana. Even then, only some of the danmaku is magic.

@Triforce actually he has non-magic weapons with greater danmaku than his magic based weapons: the star wrath and the Super Dolphin Machine Gun

While he probably wouldn't start with TimeStop, he likely would after reviving. Going with link due to timestop+Ancient Arrows/One Hit Oblitorator

Implying Terrarian knows that Link can resurrect

He resurrects instantly and a spirit/fairy appears next to him when it happens; and the Terrarian has his cell phone which has multiple ways to tell if Link's alive. Also the Terrarian likes to loot things he kills so he's going to be looking at Link's body

Unless Link takes that much time to resurrect, he will see Link coming back and just shoots him again. Even if it took time, the Terraria will be able to tell if Link is alive/nearby due to reasons above.

I actually been meaning say something for a while; the Master Sword could hurt the Terrarian a lot if it hits. The Terrarian is an anti-villain at best: he's killed innocent civilians, caused the apocalypse for his own personal gain multiple times, killed an entire civilization and it's guardian and protector (the lizard people), messed up the moon's orbit and caught the planet on fire for a cool background,saved someone from Hell only to have that person tax his townsfolk, and ate the Wall of Flesh heart. So Link's anti evil sword is going to be in full effect against the Terrarian. (Granted I don't know how much that helps, but it's an advantage Link has)

Going with Terrarian FRA. Also, not all of his danmaku is magic, hes got things like the SDMG which can have an infinite amount of ammo or just really huge numbers of normal bullets.

IIRC, the master Sword doesn't extra damage to all evil. all we know is it does more damage to ganon. it might be cuz he's evil, it might not be. Hell, it doesn't do double damage to the boss of the Yiga clan, who is most likely evil (Chaotic Neutral at BEST)

Chartate101 said:
IIRC, the master Sword doesn't extra damage to all evil. all we know is it does more damage to ganon. it might be cuz he's evil, it might not be. Hell, it doesn't do double damage to the boss of the Yiga clan, who is most likely evil (Chaotic Neutral at BEST)
Oh; then I guess he doesn't have that advantage; i kind of want to make a list of their advantages and disadvantages so I will make that real quick

Links advantages

• Time stop
  • Can one shot the Terrarian with ancient arrows
  • Can resurrect
  • Equal experience
  • Equal skill
  • Wolf Link actually helps him, unlike the Moonlord
Disadvantages

• Way less versatility
  • According to the memories Link is reckless and mostly a sword fighter, so the chances of him using hax are slim to none
  • Slower Fire rate
  • Doesn't have an answer to having his mind controlled or his soul corrupted
  • Less mobile
  • stealth doesn't work due to the Terrarian's cell phone
  • If Wolf link is allowed the Terrarian could summon the Moonlord and put both at a disadvantage
  • Has to aim Time stop
  • Arrow has to make it to the Terrarian to erase him
  • Possibly less intelligent
  • Daruk protection breaks almost instantly and most other guardian spirit powers are worthless in this fight
  • Master Sword only harms Ganon more, not all evil
  • Weaker
Terraria advantages

• Ap advantage
  • Far more mobile
  • Can mindhax Link into attacking something that's intangible
  • possibly more intelligent
  • equal experience
  • Faster fire rate with most weapon
  • Can hit through walls
  • More versatility
  • Equally as skilled
  • Summons are intangible
  • Cell phone has multiple ways to tell where link is while Link has to look for the Terrarian
  • Can teleport
  • If Wolf link is included then the Terrarian could summon the Moonlord putting both at a disadvantage (mostly link since the Terrarian has killed the Moonlord before
Disadvantages

• has ways to avoid time stop, but not get rid of it
  • Can get one shot if not careful

Why would terrarian be less skilled if its proficient in a far greater variety of weapons?

Wokistan said:
Why would terrarian be less skilled if its proficient in a far greater variety of weapons?
Link even after getting amnesia can still use every weapon in the game, but I forgot about the versatility advantage for the Terrarian and the disadvantage for Link so I'll Edit real quick

Back