• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian vs Cyberdemon redo

The last match was heavily derailed (I definitely contributed to that and I'm sorry), the Cyberdemon was upgraded mid match, and I believe I actually did need to say the precise equipment the Terrarian has in the op so lets try this again.

This is the Terrarian post fighting the Brain of Cthulhu (8-A key).

The Terrarian is wearing Crimson Armor, have the Minishark, crimson rod, and enchanted sword. For accessories they have the lightning boots, Shield of Cthulhu, brand of Regenerationn, shark tooth necklace, and the Brain of Confusion. Finally they have 1 Regenerationn potion (hopefully this is how you are supposed to use optional equipment for characters).

Speed is equalized and both start within talking distance.

Terraria (stomps 90 tons and slightly ignores durability with the shark tooth necklace): 1

CyberDemon (Is superior to 134 tons):

Inconclusive:

The first 8-A key, this is directly after the Brain of Cthulhu, but pre bosses like Queen Bee and Skeletron.

>Only the Regen Potion

but y tho, that's not even the basic three Iron/Regen/Swiftness trio

also, did you intentionally leave out healing potions ?

I actually completely forgot about healing potions and I felt like editing them in after making the op would be kinda spiteful. Plus the Terrarian already has three separate things increasing his Regenerationn and his Regenerationn is just naturally faster in this key than his previous keys.

I left the swiftness potion out because the Terrarian is currently slower than the Cyberdemon so he can't have speed amps, and the potion doesn't amp your speed it amps your acceleration which is completely pointless because the Shield of Cthulhu does the same thing (it brings you to max acceleration). When it came to the iron skin potion, we don't know how good of an amp that is outside of game so including it is pointless.

Iron skin is a +8 armor, so compared to the 19 armor provided by the Crimson set it would be an x1.4 defence buff

so like, the Terrarian hold a majour mobility advantge thanks to his flight and dash and has superior Regenerationn capabilities, also if he gets hit the enenemy will be Confused and can negate around 174 the durability thanks to the Shark Tooth [-5 to armor, with Terraria stuff in this range having 20ish armor]

the Argent Core is probably dealable, the Terrarian is smart enought to figure out the mechanic

I believe the armor class number is a gameplay mechanic so that's why I'm not including the iron skin potion (it does have an effect on pre Hardmode's progression but the exact numbers themself is a gameplay mechanic). I also don't think we would count the durability negation that way and it would just be unqualifiable.

I'm pretty sure the core's resurrection is the crappy kind that doesn't restore anything to resurrect you, so if the Cyberdemon is torn apart or decapitated he'll still die even with the core.

Back