• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teon's 9-A Brackets, Round 3

So what exactly are the reasons for scarface

From what I can see the only arguments are the ap difference not being huge and lifting strength neither of which is a way to win really

Basically it's just regen, overpowering the anime girl, having stronger AP and not getting competent wrekt, bugger size, piercing damage, and the girl's main way of attacking puts her in a lot of danger.

@Jack

Stronger ap is debatable

Regen can be bypassed as Antonio explained

Bigger size is a detriment here since Yotsugi can just run and jump around the dino

Piercing damage only matters if it can touch Yotsugi

I'm 99% sure she doesn't extend her finger forwards into things and I doubt that she would just let her finger get bit if that was the case

It's not debatabe.

Scarface >>>> 96 Megajoules >>> Yotsugi >>>> 90 Megajoules

Been brought up that Immo Type 2 makes that irrelevant. She wouldn't know where to aim to counter the regen lol.

Speed is equal so how's she getting away with that at all.

Read above.

I'm pretty sure her whole thing is that she pokes people to death. Agnaa literaly stated that was like her whole thing so...she'd most definitely poke it, and if Scarface can bite her finger, she can keep it there.

Also no I'm pretty sure it has higher AP. It can certainly tank a lot of the attacks the girl could bring and type 2 and 3 helps so much in this scenario.

antonio said anyone with enough accuracy or AoE can bypass it. I don't think this girl has AoE or can be too accurate with a finger.

Mmm, with that logic 96 >>> 90

Anyway, even in speed equal people still can dodge, and considering that Yotsugi is smaller and have more mobility she has more chances of dodging; Momma has disadvantage due size difference, and do not seems the type of creature it dodge attacks.

I'm waiting for Agnaa to say their piece, since it's his character.

To be fair, there's only a 6 MJ difference. Insinuating that one can't hurt the other with such a miniscule difference is rather preposterous given the nature of both of their feats.

Even with speed equal, she's more mobile. And her smaller stature makes her harder to catch is the point I think that Paul was trying to make. Additionally, her doing something like turning around takes less time because she is smaller. And she can literally, at any time, just leap hundreds of meters away to get out of danger.

Though, once again, I think Agnaa will provide some interesting arguments once they return.

@six

Type 2 doesn't really make that irrelevant, if she sees it regen she just goes for other areas

How fast even is the regen, if she regenerated from the same wounds that got her type 2 at a decent speed she shouldn't have type 2. If she didn't regen fast then it can easily be bypassed

If two characters are equal speed but one is significantly larger than the other, the larger one is an easier target and would struggle more to hit the smaller one

Again what stops her from either not poking near the head or just moving away from the bite

@Christian

No, lol. I have no real opinion here. I'm just speaking in place of Agnaa for the time being since Paul is the only one providing an argument for Yotsugi at the moment.

Because how is she going to fatally harm her?

Attacks that are above Yotsugi are literally nothing to Scarface.

Except she does run around and dodge in character. She turns around fast enough to react to and attempt to get to Turok. And if she just jumps far away it'd be incon. She can't fatally harm or kill Scarface but Scarface cannot reach Yotsugi.

I mean if she pokes anywhere near the not head I'm pretty sure the dinosaurs tail could just swat it away anyhow, so...I don't think she has too many safe places to poke.

I get it, but my confidence is on life support RN, pls send help.

Anyways, how's she doing any harm to something that no-sells something higher than her in AP?

Unlimited Rulebook: Grows her index finger then swings with it.

Not a poke

She could also potentially just tire the dino out and I have to ask again, how fast is the regen

It's not specified how fast her healing factor is, so I dunno. Maybe I'll have to switch over, but still, can she HURT the mother?

Regen wasn't even a main point btw. It was that as a side-affect but the main points were Immo Type 2 and no-selling something above Yotsugi.

@Sixo and Christian

Once again, implying that Yotsugi can't harm Scarface due to a 6 MJ difference is rather preposterous here. Both of their feats are about as casual as one can get (one shot vs tanking an attack unharmed). And if the argument here is indeed that Yotsugi cannot harm Scarface, that would make this a stomp, which is isn't.

The attacks she no sells aren't that high above Yotsugi so yeah Yotsugi can still hurt it

And if the regen is almost instant like what is being implied on the thread, type 2 should go

Nice strawmans. Never said she couldn't hurt I just said physicals was irrelevant and that it's nothing notable.

My bad, this should be more specified. High-Low stuff is more instant but Low-Mid is quite a bit longer. Page briefly explains this.

@Sixo

I missed the fatally part, my mistake.

I mean, I'd say that goes for both of them. Given the negligible AP gap it's going to be rather difficult for either of them to land a finishing blow. It'll be a slug fest more or less.

Even if we say that for some reason Yotsugi can't kill the dino, even though high low doesn't really help much, and the ap gap is negligible, what's to stop her from tiring the dino out and incapping like that?

How's she gonna tire the Dino out if they can't even arguably hurt each-other? It was brought up that her dodging and jumping far away from attacks would lower accuracy and damage but it would neg Scarface's range.

This is unknown stamina vs very high stamina btw.

In the description of her stamina it literally says she is a lifeless doll, the only reason she doesn't have infinite stamina is because she doesn't do anything strenuous

She can easily just jump away, forcing the dino to chase her until it tires, and that wouldn't take much stamina from her

Alright, I'm back.

To clarify, Ononoki doesn't JUST one-shot 90MJ. She one-shots someone who's stronger than someone who one-shots someone who's stronger than 90MJ.

Again, how fast is Scarface's regen for both of those ratings? Also I don't think that just biting Ononoki's finger is going to help, especially considering she can make it this big.

Yeah that's cool. Is there a statement of her having infinite stamina or something? You have to prove these things and that's why it isn't infinite on the page. You cannot apply infinite stamina to this thread when it's not on the page like you're implying. If her potentially not having infinite because she never really does anything that would require lots of stamina it implies she has finites amount of stamina in the first place.

Jumping away until she gets tired FRA.

Agnaa said:
Alright, I'm back.
To clarify, Ononoki doesn't JUST one-shot 90MJ. She one-shots someone who's stronger than someone who one-shots someone who's stronger than 90MJ.

Again, how fast is Scarface's regen for both of those ratings? Also I don't think that just biting Ononoki's finger is going to help, especially considering she can make it this big.
Cool.

Already covered high-low is more instant hense while low-mid takes a bit more time. Also my guy that is ******* small as hell compared to Mama Scarface.

Back