• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensura Web Novel Revision : Transduality For Our Slime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got no clue how is this literally relevant. There are synonyms, there are definitions, this is how I understand your last sentence. I am not here twisting, you mentioned something that it is not even mentioned in the story.
You understood it wrong, then. I’m not sure what I mentioned that isn’t in the story, so substantiate that.

How did I lie, tho? So according to this, you are also lying by saying that time, Earth whatever are dualities, but in fact, they are never treated as one.
Either we can remain civil and communicate like mature people, or we can stop responding.
I’m not, considering as I said, the world is formed by those. When the universe is erased, there is simply nothing. Also, you can stop responding, I will lose no sleep over it. 👍

Yeah i dont mean your argument here, but the proof that the OP give
OP’s argument isn’t my argument, though.

Formed the universe is not proof for being logical duality, you must read TD's page again

There was no existence, then, The Great Holy Spirit came to be. Where there were lightless & shadowless spaces, he created both. From there, where there was a timeless space, they created time. Etc, etc. What I’m asserting is, The Great Holy Spirit exists outside of all dualities, because his flow of energy created the fundamental forces responsible to form the universe, because where there was none (not A), he created it (A).

A duality refers to a logical duality for the purpose of this ability. That is to say, that the duality in question can be decribed as "A" and "not A" where A is some object or attribute. So, for example, fire and water are not a duality. The duality of fire would be fire and not fire. The duality of existence would be existence and not existence, which could equivalently be formulated as existence and nonexistence or existence and void.

where there was a timeless space, they created time. Etc, etc. What I’m asserting is, The Great Holy Spirit exists outside of all dualities, because his flow of energy created the fundamental forces responsible to form the universe, because where there was none
you need statements for this,you cant bring an assumption that everything is in duality it should be stated that it is in a dual state, take how the op did it he had given 2 or 1 dualities with a proper explanation for TD 1 is acceptable

There was no existence, then, The Great Holy Spirit came to be. Where there were lightless & shadowless spaces, he created both. From there, where there was a timeless space, they created time. Etc, etc. What I’m asserting is, The Great Holy Spirit exists outside of all dualities, because his flow of energy created the fundamental forces responsible to form the universe, because where there was none (not A), he created it (A).
I would agree if the scans you have given explained exactly like that (joking)

Jokes aside, you need to provide statements for this, you cannot assume that everything is in a dual state.

Simply because of this:
Inside the flowing currents of life and death,
Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, and Sky–these five great spirits were born.
And since then, these were the great eight spirits.
They are not logical dualities by any means. It is only mentioned 1 duality at far (darkness and lightness).

They are not logical dualities by any means. It is only mentioned 1 duality at far (darkness and lightness).

Not quite understanding. The wiki defines duality as this:

So, for example, fire and water are not a duality. The duality of fire would be fire and not fire. The duality of existence would be existence and not existence, which could equivalently be formulated as existence and nonexistence or existence and void.

So, the opposite of earth is… not earth. The opposite of fire is… not fire. The opposite of water is… not water, etc.

This is getting recursive overall, though, so I’ll just call a mod, and whatever he suggests is the interpretation I’ll stick to.

Not quite understanding. The wiki defines duality as this:

So, the opposite of earth is… not earth. The opposite of fire is… not fire. The opposite of water is… not water, etc.

This is getting recursive overall, though, so I’ll just call a mod, and whatever he suggests is the interpretation I’ll stick to.
Literally, in the text, it never said that. Wtf? You are right now assuming. It only mentioned what I said.
When and where it is stated this:
Inside the flowing currents of life and death,
Earth and not earth, Water and not water, Fire and not fire, Wind and not wind, and Sky and not sky–these five great spirits were born.
And since then, these were the great eight spirits.

Literally, in the text, it never said that. Wtf? You are right now assuming. It only mentioned what I said.
When and where it is stated this:
I’m not assuming, I grabbed a direct excerpt from the wiki’s definition of transduality.

There was no Fire (not A) without the Spirit of Fire (A). I am not understanding what is not to get here.

And where does it state everything is in a dual state?
What Milly said seems to make sense, if for example the duality of earth is no earth and before earth spirit there was no earth and Veldanava/Rimuru existed without any of that, so it would be a duality, right? The duality lies in Rimuru and Veldanava existing with or without these spirits

Last edited:
Of course, that goes for any spirit, the duality of space and time would be the non-existence of space and time(what is the world without the great spirits)and Rimuru was also able to get away with that unscathed, so he would be out of duality if he follows this logic

What Milly said seems to make sense, if for example the duality of earth is no earth and before earth spirit there was no earth and Veldanava/Rimuru existed without any of that, so it would be a duality, right? The duality lies in Rimuru and Veldanava existing with or without these spirits
It makes sense if there is statement that I requested

It makes sense if there is statement that I requested
Which statement did you request? As said in the CRT (and shown in the scans), before the spirits were born, only nothing existed, with the birth of the great spirits duality was born and thus formed the universe, at least, at the very least, whoever existed in the void did not depend on all the dualities of the universe, being able to exist with or without these dualities, After all that, what kind of statement is needed if it has already been shown in practice that Rimuru can exist with or without all the duality of the verse?

Which statement did you request? As said in the CRT (and shown in the scans), before the spirits were born, only nothing existed, with the birth of the great spirits duality was born and thus formed the universe, at least, at the very least, whoever existed in the void did not depend on all the dualities of the universe, being able to exist with or without these dualities, After all that, what kind of statement is needed if it has already been shown in practice that Rimuru can exist with or without all the duality of the verse?
Look above

And where does it state everything is in a dual state?
but has this not already been answered? Time (only existed after the spirit of time was born) and non-time (it did not exist before the spirit of time was born) and the same goes for other spirits, the duality is already there, isn't it? If that's not how it works then that's fine, I don't quite understand the topic involving transduality anyway so I'll stay neutral

I’m not assuming, I grabbed a direct excerpt from the wiki’s definition of transduality.

There was no Fire (not A) without the Spirit of Fire (A). I am not understanding what is not to get here.
using this logic, someone who manipulates type 1 concepts gets TD 1 because the concepts shape reality. That's not how logical duality works.
Edit: Anyway, i agree with TD 1 and disagree with TD 2

Last edited:
using this logic, someone who manipulates type 1 concepts gets TD 1 because the concepts shape reality. That's not how logical duality works.
Edit: Anyway, i agree with TD 1 and disagree with TD 2
but shouldn't whoever creates the duality concept have conceptual manipulation as well?

Last edited:
I had also disagreed with TD 2, but if in the Wiki's own explanation it says that you must be above or detached from these dualities for such a feat, why exactly can't it be accepted?

About the great spirits, the interpretation I have is that after the creation of the 8 spirits, each one was responsible for creating dualities related to their concept by nature (despite not having proofs or scans for this)

sure, but only 1 specific duality has been shown which is light-darkness.
good if we only consider type 1, i think it also applies to space and time as Rimuru was not affected by the lack of both, and it is said in the WN ending that he transcended them both

Rimuru doesn’t show any indication that he is fully detached from any dualities as shown by him still interacting with the world normally.

Well I agree with TD 1 and I will be neutral on TD 2 for now, I will be waiting for more contributors

Rimuru doesn’t show any indication that he is fully detached from any dualities as shown by him still interacting with the world normally.
As I understand it, TD doesn't make it impossible to interact, but rather makes you immune to anything that involves duality, as they explained at the beginning of the topic that Rimuru was immune to attacks referring to life and death, light and dark because of TD 1

Dont't really have much to say but I need to put it out there that space and time are not dual concepts, they are not opposite side of a coin(Duality).
So yeah I agree with TD1
not necessarily space being dual to time, but Rimuru was unaffected by the lack of either, and it was set to transcend both, doesn't that count?

As I understand it, TD doesn't make it impossible to interact, but rather makes you immune to anything that involves duality, as they explained at the beginning of the topic that Rimuru was immune to attacks referring to life and death, light and dark because of TD 1
that would make him immune to light and dark itself not just attacks involving them, which he pretty clearly is not immune to (seeing how light still interacts with him)

Been affected by the lack of spatial space and time is not really a feat.
The point is, the great spirits were what created all the dualities in verse, since before him, there was only emptiness, from what I saw in the description about TD 2 is that you are immune to all duality of verse, as fire and non-fire, time and non-time, space and non-space, earth and non-earth, and so on, none of these exist as long as the great spirits do not exist, so not being affected by their nonexistence wouldn't he be immune to all dualities of the verse? I'm not stating this as I don't really know how TD 2 works, so I'm neutral, I'd be grateful if you can answer this doubt

It is "not" not "none"

You cant take nothingness as other side of duality. Nothingness is just simply mean nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back