• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensura Web Novel Revision : Transduality For Our Slime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's crazy, but there's no harm in trying it.

So this time I will try to make our slime, Rimuru Tempest, gain Transduality, at least Transduality type 1 or 2.

So let's just get started

First, the Great Spirit of Light and the Great Spirit of Darkness are dualities. Even the two Great Spirits are referred to as Yin and Yang, a duality in Chinese culture (If I'm not mistaken). In fact, the Great Spirit of Time brings life and death (another Duality).

Feats :
"A spirit is…
“In nothingness power finds its fill.
That is a holy spirit. The great holy spirit is the source of power.
Among these, light and darkness, the two great spirits.
Who came to exist at the same moment as the world.
But, the world was without form, a ephemeral existence.
Light and shadow, darkness and the light. Two existences that shall never interweave.
One day, the great spirit time was born.
The child of light and darkness.
And thus the world began to move.
The moving world spun, without purpose, around itself.
Inside the flowing currents of life and death,
Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, and Sky–these five great spirits were born.
And since then, these were the great eight spirits. Until the light consumes the world, erasing darkness. Until a new spirit is born, erasing all. Life and death, heralding the coming end of the world." (Tensura Web Novel Chapter 62)
Where is the Yin and Yang part?
Raw :
そんな中、光と闇、2柱の大精霊が生じた。

世界が誕生した瞬間であった。

しかし、世界はただ、漂うだけの存在である。

光と影、陰と陽。互いに交わろうとしても叶わぬ存在。

Translation (DeepL) :
In the midst of all this, two great spirits, light and dark, arose.

This was the moment the world was born.

But the world is just a drifting existence.

Light and shadow, yin and yang. They cannot exist even if they try to intersect with each other.
陰と陽 when translated means Yin and Yang

Second, the Holy Spirit or Veldanava that existed before duality existed. Before anything existed, he was in complete nothingness and he created the world and the Great Spirit (Duality and Concept).

Perhaps this will make Veldanava a Non-Duality or even a Transduality.
'「In other words, first the holy spirit had existed, and it gave birth to the other eight!」
Splendid… right? For a myth, it surprisingly lacks gods.
Perhaps this is the truth of this world.
By the way, great spirits did not have ego–they were masses of energy.' (Tensura Web Novel Chapter 62)
'The world was cruel, but it offered you everything.

That was the world that Veldanava had created.

Alone in that space of nothingness, he had endured his solitude.

And so he had then given birth to this world in order to distract himself from his boredom.

And in this world, was born life. Beings who could act freely and make their will known, just as Veldanava had intended.' (Tensura Web Novel Chapter 248)
Then, along comes our slime (Rimuru Tempest) who literally transcends the god in the verse, Veldanava. Rimuru was even fine when he was at the end of space-time or complete nothingness, where the universe ended was the result of a Great Spirit ending the world and erasing everything, including the Great Spirit itself.
Feats :
'Generally speaking, I wasn’t wrong.

“Impossible, no… Time leap…? And with a complete shape, to the desired place… From…the ‘end of space-time’ you say…? It can’t be… No, there is no way that someone who can do such a thing exists… That would make you something like a transcendent God–”

Yuuki continued to mumble in this vein.

You could see that he was desperate to deny the reality of the situation.' (Tensura Web Novel Chapter 248)
Feats :
'Until the light consumes the world, erasing darkness. Until a new spirit is born, erasing all. Life and death, heralding the coming end of the world.' (Tensura Web Novel Chapter 62)
Feats :
'《You finally woke up?》

Oh! Ciel-san said something to me.
Where are we?
Also what happened to Veldora-san?

《This is the End of the World. It could also be referred to as the “End of Time and Space”. As for Veldora, he was isolated inside the『Imaginary Space』and completely protected, so please rest assured.》

I see. Veldora-san is alright.
Thank goodness….. Eh? This needlessly large and empty world is the “End of Time and Space”, she said?
Certainly, time doesn’t flow and is in a stopped state. I can’t sense the spread of space either…..

《Yes. In this world, the flow of time has stopped. The spread of space had ceased as well, and in accordance with the Law of Entropy[3], this world has arrived at nothingness.》' (Tensura Web Novel Chapter 248)
This meant that Rimuru had Transcended Veldanava as well as Great Spirit, the duality and concept that Veldanava had created.

So, Rimuru must have Transduality (Type 1 or Type 2) because he Transcend Veldanava as well as Great Spirit (Concept and Duality).

wow I definitely didn't expect this, I don't understand transduality very well so I'll wait

So this time I will try to make our slime, Rimuru Tempest, gain Transduality, at least Transduality type 1 or 2.

First, the Great Spirit of Light and the Great Spirit of Darkness are dualities. Even the two Great Spirits are referred to as Yin and Yang, a duality in Chinese culture (If I'm not mistaken). In fact, the Great Spirit of Time brings life and death (another Duality).

Second, the Holy Spirit or Veldanava that existed before duality existed. Before anything existed, he was in complete nothingness and he created the world and the Great Spirit (Duality and Concept).

Then, along comes our slime (Rimuru Tempest) who literally transcends the god in the verse, Veldanava. Rimuru was even fine when he was at the end of space-time or complete nothingness, where the universe ended was the result of a Great Spirit ending the world and erasing everything, including the Great Spirit itself.

This meant that Rimuru had Transcended Veldanava as well as Great Spirit, the duality and concept that Veldanava had created.

So, Rimuru must have Transduality (Type 1 or Type 2) because he Transcend Veldanava as well as Great Spirit (Concept and Duality).
So to understand better, you want to upgrade Rimuru to Transduality type 2 because he was in that “end of time-space” where only nothingness exists?
Can you prove that the place is the same as Veldanava lived before creation?

So to understand better, you want to upgrade Rimuru to Transduality type 2 because he was in that “end of time-space” where only nothingness exists?
Actually it's not TD but I am neutral on this thread I will see others input.

The duality is fine

If that have TD then type 1
possible type 2, because i'm kind 😎, i mean if you can proof light and darkness is not only a one of many duality, but being symbolize of duality it self

To be specific, Rimuru survives the whole destruction of the multiverse including Great Spirit which composes of concept and duality, where he currently live in nothingness devoid of everything without being affected whatsoever. He was also implied to be on par if not superior than Veldanava who predated everything in the verse and the one created Great Spirit in the first place.

I don't know if you're implying that Nothingness could refer to two different things or something else.

In Tensura it is clear that Nothingness is a condition where there is nothing (Literally called Nothingness because there is nothing), either space or time or Great Spirit which is a concept and duality in Tensura.

Was Rimuru in the same place (or state) as Veldanava?

Yeah, because Nothingness is something that doesn't exist there (Because its Nothingness, lolz), including the non-existence of the Great Spirit. And the Universe came to an end because of the Great Spirit who wiped out the world and wiped out the other Great Spirits, bringing everything into complete nothingness.

I don't know if you're implying that Nothingness could refer to two different things or something else.

In Tensura it is clear that Nothingness is a condition where there is nothing (Literally called Nothingness because there is nothing), either space or time or Great Spirit which is a concept and duality in Tensura.
Never, and not even trying to imply that.

Yeah, because Nothingness is something that doesn't exist there (Because its Nothingness, lolz), including the non-existence of the Great Spirit. And the Universe came to an end because of the Great Spirit who wiped out the world and wiped out the other Great Spirits, bringing everything into complete nothingness.
So it is the same place, alright

From the OP it's clear cut TD 1 but really don't see type 2 from this

TD 2 is not possible , As veldavana would only TD 1 as he is only stated to transcend this 1 dual system and as rimuru "transcends" even him he would still get TD 1 mind you if we highball it he just get a higher degree of TD 1

TD 2 is not possible , As veldavana would only TD 1 as he is only stated to transcend this 1 dual system and as rimuru "transcends" even him he would still get TD 1 mind you if we highball it he just get a higher degree of TD 1
Yeah TD 2 needs more details.

TD 1 is obvious, but what about type 2? what exactly is the point that proves this? the lack of the Great Spirit?

Bruh this is arceus

I agree with td 2 1

Well I think this is okay.
Transduality Type 1 seems fine

if type 1 transduality is accepted, what does it actually do? I don't understand anything about it, would it be something like Rimuru being immune to life and death, light and dark attacks? Or does it change into something more than that?

if type 1 transduality is accepted, what does it actually do? I don't understand anything about it, would it be something like Rimuru being immune to life and death, light and dark attacks? Or does it change into something more than that?
Yes, it mean he is totally immune to hax like Death & Life hax, Darkness & Light hax. unless characters that use those hax have feat interacting with Transdual that transcend these dual system

This will probably make rimuru immune to time, concepts (Type 1), information (Type 2), space, fire, water, and things carried by the Great Spirit.

This is because Great Spirits of Light and Darkness can be said to be the pinnacle of Great Spirits (Because of them, other Great Spirits can exist).

This will probably make rimuru immune to time, concepts (Type 1), information (Type 2), space, fire, water, and things carried by the Great Spirit.

This is because Great Spirits of Light and Darkness can be said to be the pinnacle of Great Spirits (Because of them, other Great Spirits can exist).
Information type 2? I am unsure of this. I don't think so. Who told you that?

Information type 2? I am unsure of this. I don't think so. Who told you that?
Information is part of the Great Spirit of Sky
There were eight media cards that formed the basis.
These represented the eight great attributes of the power of spirits that made this world.
Light and shadow, time, and earth, water, fire, wind, and sky.
What Marsha had received, was seven of those eight.
Time alone could not be used by people, and so I had excluded it.
The light could purify, nurture and regenerate.
The shadow could conceal, was psychological, and could destroy.
The earth had the power to pull, break and condense.
The water could solidify, stop and be released.
The fire burned, accelerated and exploded.
The wind was in waves, had an impact and vibrated.
The sky was space, existence, and information.

Information is part of the Great Spirit of Sky
Unsure tho, though since no context is behind it, that's type 1. Type 2 needs more context (unless in-verse: it is fundamental, then I agree no worries)
Also, why I don't see this in your OP? Which chapter is this?

Unsure tho, though since no context is behind it, that's type 1. Type 2 needs more context (unless in-verse: it is fundamental, then I agree no worries)
Also, why I don't see this in your OP? Which chapter is this?
Information has already been accepted as fundamental in verse

Last edited:
Yes, it mean he is totally immune to hax like Death & Life hax, Darkness & Light hax. unless characters that use those hax have feat interacting with Transdual that transcend these dual system

Thanks for the answer

Not CM type 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back