• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can do CRT later. I just wanted more evidence for Yuuki's mind hax potency from rereading the WN.

Also, It looks like Rimunas is Spiritual Liferform as well so she should have the respective ability:

Chapter 135:

Ruminas and I had trouble responding to Leon's question.

ÒÇîWhy, of course we would. We trust theeÒÇì

Ruminas responded with a smile.
What a blatant lie. Wait, weren't monsters unable to lie?!
I remember that our existence gets erased or something like that

《Solution. Beings who have surpassed the bounds of flesh, those who achieved spirit bodies are able to lie》

It is an unique case.

I don't understand what you mean? It basically says that no mind-control abilities work because the soul can "think" by itself, i.e. what needs to be controlled is not the mind but the soul. Basically the target of mind control needs to be changed to the soul, which in turn needs Soul Manipulation to control, hence Immunity to Mind Manipulation because the mind basically no longer exists due to being fused into the soul.

And that is the effect of the Skill "Perfect Memory".

NeoSuperior. I never said it was impossible but just the feat or ability would be unique or rare from my view. I edited and saw thousands of profiles yet this the first time that hear about such a case.

Yes so in the case of Shion and Rimuru, for any Mind Manipulation to work, you'd first need a Soul Manipulation ability higher than the resistance of the target, though if Soul-hax already works, then in most cases there is not much point for it to begin with. Also the whole "memories exist beyond space and time" issue making it even more complicated.

Tensei's Soul Manipulation resistance might need to be updated to the hundreds of thosuands since Rimuru can used used on a scale of 700,000 which he absorbs to make his surbordinate Awakened Demon Lord and also in chapter 164 which he used items made from dead human soul energy to resurrect the 700,000 dead soldiers.

"It seems like Yuuki's can control a fration of a million\; I believe around 350,000 (In Chapter 155) went to attack the Labyrinth.

~ Chapter 151

Raphael roughly counted the total of the empire's soldiers; there seem to be approximately 1 million soldiers. An outrageous number has come out.
I didn't know how far Yuuki had spread his influence, but it will be difficult for him to keep this number under control, right?"

Shouldn't Rimuru's Soul Manipulation Resistance also scale to his entire soul corridor network? Since being able to add and remove skills, means he is in a constant state of Soul Manipulation with them.

Rimuru controlled 700,000 souls says nothing about his resistance though.

@Neo Thought someone already said soul is the correct translation hence no thinking with the soul or whatever?

I am more likely to believe the native Japanese speaker, though you would have to get that sorted out to prove it's actually meant to be the same as in the LN, maybe ask some other ppl who speak Japanese or something.

But soul corridors are a two-way connection. He is able to keep the dominant position even with that sheer number of connections. Additionally, it's not like it's that way just because he started off in that position. For example, strictly speaking Veldora should have the stronger position in his connection with Rimuru, since despite mutual naming, it was Veldora in the end, who was the one to give Rimuru his divine protection when they first met. However Veldora naturally got turned into an Ultimate Skill that Rimuru can control him with, e.g. summon or release him and such.

Also in another CRT we gave resistances for "being able to maintain something despite the strain", so I don't see the problem.

And we already know that having a strong soul is always required to obtain Skill. By that alone it'd be weird if the ability of an offensive soul ability was stronger than the defenses/integrity of the own soul.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Neo Thought someone already said soul is the correct translation hence no thinking with the soul or whatever?
Because it did say the term "soul", but not for the whole relevant part. "Thinking with the soul" and "Immunity to Mind-control abilties" were the two lines, more or less. It's based on the pre-established terms of the series. The translator who gave their opinion on that matter probably didn't know about that part of the lore.

Still not seeing what that has to do with resistance, nobody is resisting soul manipulation there, he just provides power to his subs through soul coridor.

Not sure what that has to do with his feat of manipulating 700,000 souls.

For ultimate skills yea, which is why basic soul hax is useless and why the soul hax of unique skills is also useless, however Rimuru is an ultimate skill user, ultimate skills of ultimate skill users can work on each other.

Reactive evolution. Would it really make sense for him to be able to gain abilities and equal resistances to said abilities against anything his enemies throw at him, yet not being able to have the same defenses against his own abilities?

Learning Melt Slash, for example, also made him able to resist Melt Slash, as probably the earliest example.

Well it's not confirmed is the issue, i mean his absorption hax has always been way above his level but we haven't really assumed he resists absorption to the same degree he can do it, he hasn't displayed that sort of resistance to absorption.

Same thing here, although you might wanna argue he resists both to the degree he can control, but we haven't gotten proof of it, though it would make sense.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Rimuru controlled 700,000 souls says nothing about his resistance though.

I am more likely to believe the native Japanese speaker, though you would have to get that sorted out to prove it's actually meant to be the same as in the LN, maybe ask some other ppl who speak Japanese or something.
It say that Yuuki's mind hax with soul haxing at least 350,000 of 1,000,000 to go the Labyrinth is not an outlier. It also scale to the god tier of the verse like Guys since Yuuki was afraid of figthing them one on one. Yuuki in his final fight against Rimuru never considered his normal Soul Hax a trump card against Rimuru and even needed - Power of word to negate Soul Resistance- which Rimuru's later gained resistance from Reactive Evolution.

Never said Yuuki's ability was an outlier that wasn't my point, regardless after rethinking it, i accepted the potency of Yuuki's ability in the other thread, so mind and soul resistance up to what Yuuki displayed is fine.

And obviously Pseudo True Dragon Rimuru can resist Yuuki's ability since power of words>his unique skill and even that he didn't think it would work on Rimuru, what was being discussed here was Awakened Demon Lord Rimuru.

I almost forgot; Madness Manipulation is from Yuuki's; if so should it scaled as well to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation and the coressponding resistance as well?

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
CP, do you have the quote where Velzard stopped the entire earth with her time-stop? Going to increase her range with this next CRT.
I think normal Time Stop range is accepted as universal

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Really? Quite a blanket statement.
it is in note; it is not really a blanket statement since there are a lot of Physics Problems that occurs assuming otherwise and we had a CRT about it.

Why should he be higher?

Supergenius is a big no no, cause there is no way he is on the same level as Ciel, Extraordinary Genius might be a strecth considering Raphael was a big deal for Velda since he wanted it.

So not sure why he should be higher.

Being able to use nearly every skill, controlling and manipulating entire countries at a time, nearly outsmarting Rimuru to recreate the world and become it's god.

Maybe Supergenius is extreme, but Extraordinary seems a bit more fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back