• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celestial Pegasus said:
2 volumes for 24 episodes? Doesn't sound like much, though slime LN volumes are long so could work i guess.
They're gonna HAVE TO explain a lot of the political stuff from LN's 3 and 4 that got skipped including some character intros. Never mind that at the time, LN's 5 and 6 were two of the longest written at that point.

24/25/26 Episodes for the previously skipped first half of LN vol. 4 (might even use both sources, LN and manga, again for that this time around) as well as LN vol. 5 and LN vol. 6.

Sounds good to me.

If the producers are mean, they could "kill off" Rimuru in EP1 against Hinata and then just non-challantly jump back in time to the skipped LN vol. 4 content and spice it up by showing it to us from the perspective of other characters, like showing the Dwargon visit from the perspective of a Farmas Kingdom spy laughing at Rimuru's naivete or the side of the dwarves. The Beastmen Kingdom diplomacy from the perspective of the Beastmen as a flashback when the musketeers are running away to get shelter after Milim's war declaration. And Rimuru's visit to Blumund from the humans' perspective.

This would all add an additional incentive to experience the different versions of the story, something that Fuse as an author has been very good at.

They need to get the key scenes from LN vol. 5 and 6 right though. Diablo's appearence and most importantly the Megiddo scene where Rimuru shouts "Die! May the anger of the gods sear through your very souls!" which is then followed by a scene that feels like a god punishing mortals for their sins with his "holy light".

NeoSuperior said:
Someone is asking around for "feats" on the reddit page for Slime. Is that one of you?
Interesting about asking reddit for "Slime feats" but it is not me.

The "TenseiSlime" one. Make sure you sort by "new".

And I forgot to mention this, but in regards to the immunity from Perfect Memory, should or shouldn't things like Empathic Manipulation, Fear Manipulation and Memory Manipulation be included? Only in the context of "external meddling" of course.

For Memory Manipulation in the LN version at least there's the additional proof from Great Sage having turned Rimuru's memories into a sort of database that he can access at any time, as well as the situation where Rimuru's memories from his previous lives already got burned into the soul. Considering that, as well as the name of the Skill itself, it's rather likely that this reincarnation phenomenom is what made this Skill "Perfect Memory" possible in the first place, similar to how Beretta got his Unique Skill and Chaos Core from Rimuru's frustration of being powered down by the high-level holy barrier.

I also forgot to mention Madness Manipulation. But yea, since we can assume that they are a sub-set it might really be unneccessary.

I agree about the Hacking. Milim "hacked" into Tempest's Thought Communication network and at least in the LN Rimuru also hacked into Clayman's "puppet strings":

"Shut up, guys! Mjurran's gonna laugh at you if you keep carrying on like that. So the deal is, the temporary heart inside Mjurran was being used so Clayman could listen in on her. It's a form of encrypted communication that runs on electric signals and natural magnetism, so it doesn't use up any magicules at all."

In essence, alongside providing a pulse and electrical signals for the body, her heart also emitted encrypted signals that ran across the Earth and made it all the way to Clayman. He was forcing her to file detailed reports with him anyway, just to make sure she never noticed.

It was an underhanded trick worthy of a demon lord. Those rumors about how he treated his staff were true. But you had to hand it to him, too. If he was pulling something similar with all his people, that's a vast amount of encoded information he was receiving and unraveling in his head. No wonder they called him the Marionette Master. It's that huge network of data he collected that served as the invisible "strings" on his puppets.

Funny coincidence that I managed to notice that. Or maybe not so much actually. You could call it proof that Shion's still helping me out. When I cast that great magic to prevent all those souls from fading out, the Great Sage discovered an all-electronic signal that the barrier reacted to. It was easy for it to decipher the coded message, so I figured I could just use that device to fool Clayman into thinking I killed Mjurran.
~ LN vol. 5​
I am not sure what this might mean for Clayman's abilities though. There is no such ability as "surveilance" or "wiretapping" on VS battles after all.

I think that can work too. Should we make a CRT for it? I'm unsure if to make another for Hacking, I just did one for Milim in the WN. Maybe you can add onto it with Rimuru's LN version within the same thread, and tackle Clairyoyance in another.

I also have a CRT in mind already in regards to resistance/immunity to things like power modification/power absorption and such. I need to go for a moment, but will be back in 30-60 or so min.

While I was getting statements for a CRT, I stumbled upon this:

The flustered and irrational Gelmudo had not noticed the large gathering of high class monsters.
The oni race. Once every few hundred years an elderly ogre could evolve into one.
Their ability unnaturally high, they are often said to be capable of crushing the heavens. And three of such oni were present.
Had he noticed, he would know that they weren't someone he could handle.
And a fang wolf that evolved strangely was also present. Judging from his appearance alone, he was at least an A rank monster.
Thus, four rank A+ monsters were present. And they obeyed a single child?
A child wearing a beautiful mask. Certainly not a normal person. Probably a monster that took on the appearance of a human.
~ WN ch. 39​
This was from when the 4 Demon Lords observed the situation with the Orc Lord through Gelmud. Since Rimuru (WN) obviously scales to being stronger than his subordinates here, he should be A+ at this moment of the story as well.

Therefore I think it's reasonable to assume that the first keys of Rimuru, Benimaru, Hakurou, Shion and Ranga (as well as possibly Souei who should scale to them) first keys should be upgraded to At least 7-C. For Rimuru might as well just remove his first key altogether. Since it doesn't add all that much. Though I think that should be done in a proper CRT later, but at least I got the content for it saved up here now, since I am currently working on other CRTs.

As i said previosuly, Rimuru and co should lose their At least rating, just being above 7-C doesn't grant you at least rating since the ap gap for 7-C is 17.5x.

Celestial Pegasus said:
As i said previosuly, Rimuru and co should lose their At least rating, just being above 7-C doesn't grant you at least rating since the ap gap for 7-C is 17.5x.
Noted, it makes sense. Still a CRT is likely needed since the changes would involved statistic changes.

Yes, either way Rimuru's first two keys at least should be merged regardless of which tier it ends up being due to him not really gaining anything between the two aside from Merciless and Megiddo. Not sure about Rimuru's subordinates.

Rimruru's first key should just be "Pre-Awakened Demon Lord", or we could just do what we do with the LN and list it by his species, and the 2nd key would just be Awakened Demon Lord.

As for his subordinates i think their keys should stay as is, they do gain a lot of abilities after the harvest festival.

So the congratualory pics are also in the novel version it seems. I know the left one is from the Tensura Nikki spin-off, but from whom is the right one? Doesn't seem to be Kawakami's style, so... the one from Mamono no Kuni no Arukikata? Or the new one from "Trinity"?

NeoSuperior said:
So the congratualory pics are also in the novel version it seems. I know the left one is from the Tensura Nikki spin-off, but from whom is the right one? Doesn't seem to be Kawakami's style, so... the one from Mamono no Kuni no Arukikata? Or the new one from "Trinity"?
CCheck this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back