• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Composite Profiles or Seperation

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
I originally was gonna do this at a later date when the light novel had more translated, but seems it needs to discussed now.

So the question is should the profiles be composite or should they be separated into web novel and light novel versions.

What we know so far:

- Primordials are introduced in the light novel as being the strongest demons. And without being named are comparable to awakened demon lords like leon based on what i have heard.

-Diablo, carrera, ultima, testarossa etc are primordials in the light novel, when they was only an arc demon in the web novel.

-Characters are introduced earlier in the light novel, ie zegion and apito.

-Things are added to the light novel ie rimuru meeting karion and forming a relationship with his country, charybdhis being added etc

-Some things are changed/removed in the light novel such as ramiris attempting to kill chloe with her instant death ability.

-Based on what i have heard of the light novel and seen so far, it has greater feats, shizue dodging an ftl attack, gii and chloe supposedly being faster than time etc.

-Backstories are changed, yuuki apparently has a different backstory, and a major plot point in the web novel which is him gaining the manas velda didn't happen, which means the light novel's final arc will be different than the web novels.

-Characters such as hinata are way stronger in the light novel, and there are a lot of new characters not in the web novel.

So considering all this should the profiles be composite or separated?

Web novel came first and is completed, the light novel is published by a company and has editors so i guess you could say it's official, the web novel is like a rough draft as is usually the case with this sort of thing.

The author didn't know here he wanted to go with the story when he started it, hence the web novel is rough, doesn't explain some things, while the light novel is polished, it changes stuff, adds explanations etc.

Both the light novel and web novel are written by the same person.

Only issue with the light novel is only 4 volumes have been translated out of the 14 currently out. So it's not very far into the story, while the web novel is complete.

Tough to say.

If the LN had been translated at about half or, maybe more preferably 3 quarters of it, I'd say it should be separated. At just 4 out of 14, however, I'm not entirely sure if we should go and separate it as it is now, especially as it affects a number of them like Rimuru, Gii, Chloe, etc.

The problem with seperating them is that the LN contains many of the explanations of the skills and so several Skills in the WN would have to be extremely low-balled or even outright ignored without the supplementary LN information.

For example the Hellflare Rimuru used against the rebuilt Dwargonian Golem in Ramiris' Dungeon is only considered "stronger than the one used by Benimaru is" in the WN, but the LN is more specific and mentions that it's as hot as the sun's surface temperature. So the WN version by itself would only scale to "At least Benimaru's Hellflare", while for the LN version the actual strenght can be calc'd.

So I do think that the LN info might be neccessary for the WN version of Rimuru so as to not miss out on several of his skills just because their descriptions were lacking.

Well yea many things weren't explained in the web novel, hell flare, multi-layer barrier, all the resistances etc etc.

Really if the light novel was fully translated and finished, it would be totally unnecessary to have the web novel on here, since the light novel has superior feats, assuming 2-B rimuru does happen in the light novel as well that is, as well as the large star level feats that happen in the last arc.

hellflare actually was stated to be several hundred million degrees in the WN IIRC.

I'm not really for composite due to the WN being a "rough draft" and the LN clearly being made to replace that.

LN also have key difference in skills. Hinata's userper skill looks nerf in the LN when compared to the WN. We just a CRT about those change.

It also seems like Yuuki's Mind Control Skill and others like Avarice King - which we had a thread about as well - looky have been nerf as well when compare to the WN

Shizue might have a Tier 6 feats since she fought a S class Dragon in the LN that I have linked before in the discussion.

Likewise, some skills are just duplicate with different names like Deviant and Shapeshifter from the LN and WN's respectively. I linked the texts in the discussions threads.

I think it is best to separated since there many difference already.

I think we got enough info until the Dragon Rescue Arc for LN profiles.

Once enough of the LN is finally translated is when the LN profiles can be done, I would think so.

Not sure what will happen to the WN ver of the pages once the LN is finally completed. Maybe keep them or still delete them?

In 20+ days, the 5th LN volume will be released in English, so we get the fundamentals for LN Rimuru's True Demon Lord key by then. I am escpacially curious about his and all the other characters' Status Pages.

>Completely different plot and abilities

>Not enough

Profiles have been separated before on less grounds then that.

Hinata should only have 1 key for now except for her wn profile.

But yea the hinata from the ln is different from the wn, in the ln she is the leader of rimuru's labyrinth and went toe to toe with veldora, while in the wn she got nerfed halfway through the story and became irrelevant really.

Also heard her relationship with the priest she had in the wn is nonexistent.

Elizhaa said:
Not really, some abilities will be different like Usurper which is nerfed in the LN. Moreover, in the LN, she could have High 4-C key.
Xenoverse Goku has more difference than that to canon Goku

Yet we don't allow him

Yobo Blue said:
Xenoverse Goku is a separate profile.....
We have a page for Xeno Goku, not Xenoverse Goku

They are two separate characters, one is time patroller Goku, while the other is just Goku

@Elizhaa You're need more proof than "jeopardize the existence of a country", could mean many things. Gonna need something like can destroy a country with one attack.

And before A rank were said to capable of destroying small cities so "country" could just mean a city, i mean even the country testarossa destroyed was actually just a city.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Elizhaa You're need more proof than "jeopardize the existence of a country", could mean many things. Gonna need something like can destroy a country with one attack.
And before A rank were said to capable of destroying small cities so "country" could just mean a city, i mean even the country testarossa destroyed was actually just a city.
I said might need to be redone, Celestial Pegasus.

Elizhaa said:
That's not correct. Calamity Class is "Special A rank". It's Disaster Class that's "S rank".

But keep in mind that rank does not neccessarily equal power levels. The range within all of Hazard (A), Calamity (Special A), Disaster (S) and Catastrophe (Special S) can often lead to situations where within a same rank someone gets one-shotted. Escpcially for Disaster Class, where there is no official distinction between Demon Lord Seeds like Clayman, Carrion and Frey from True Demon Lords, neither is there one for those Disaster Classes that hold Ultimate Skills and those who don't.

Elizhaa said:
Shion DOES have a regenaration skill though and it's probably also endless Regenerationn like the kids have since it would be strange if hers was weaker than her followers, so it's probably a translation error that it's only called "Regenerationn EX". And yes, Endless Regenerationn is listed as a "racial" skill. So it's something related to her race rather than her being a spiritual form by itself.

There is still no proof that Benimaru or Diablo have such abilities.

NeoSuperior said:
Elizhaa said:
Shion DOES have a regenaration skill though and it's probably also endless Regenerationn like the kids have since it would be strange if hers was weaker than her followers, so it's probably a translation error that it's only called "Regenerationn EX". And yes, Endless Regenerationn is listed as a "racial" skill. So it's something related to her race rather than her being a spiritual form by itself.
There is still no proof that Benimaru or Diablo have such abilities.
NeoSuperior, my argument is on Spiritual Lifeform Regenerationn, not on special skills. It is outright listed that Spiritual lifeform can regenerate. In context the Regenerationn that I just linked is not about Shion; it's showing how Shion is an enemy to Spiritual Lifeform.

Diablo regenerated once; I think in a match between Karion or Benimaru where he lost an arm; Regenerationn was not listed as a skill.

Yuuki did as well where he lost his arms and Regenerationn was not listed as a skill.

The Regenerationn of Spiritual Lifeform is not treated as skill but as a property of their being.

So, Benimaru and Diablo would definitively have Regenerationn as Spiritual Lifeforms.

Also, it looks like Orc Lord have Low-Godly Regenerationn a well because Shion's Regenerationn is compared to his.

Endless Regenerationn EX - even if Shion's head is lopped off, she can grow it back [ch73].

So what is the difference between a Spiritual Lifeform with and without Endless Regenerationn then? Are you saying it's just a redundant skill that at best does the Regenerationn faster than without it?

Also losing your head is far from Low-Godly. It's only High-Mid which Rimuru already has with Ultraspeed Regenerationn.

And in the LN Geld's Regenerationn is actually weaker than Rimuru's, which is only the Skill Rimuru had before his post-Ifrit upgrade, "Self-Regenerationn", but Geld can also use Healing Magic to supplement his Regenerationn to be on equal footing with Rimuru Extra Skill Ultraspeed Regenerationn. And for reference, Charybdis also has Ultraspeed Regenerationn.

Is spiritual lifeforms having Regenerationn even relevant to the discussion about whether to seperate the profiles or make them composite?

I don't think it is, take it to the discussion thread i would say.

NeoSuperior said:
So what is the difference between a Spiritual Lifeform with and without Endless Regenerationn then? Are you saying it's just a redundant skill that at best does the Regenerationn faster than without it?
Also losing your head is far from Low-Godly. It's only High-Mid which Rimuru already has with Ultraspeed Regenerationn.

And in the LN Geld's Regenerationn is actually weaker than Rimuru's, only the Skill Rimuru initially had "Self-Regenerationn", but Geld can also use Healing Magic to supplement his Regenerationn to be on equal footing with Rimuru Extra Skill Ultraspeed Regenerationn. And for reference, Charybdis also has Ultraspeed Regenerationn.
I only known much of the WN feat not LN. It could be a redundant skill, in my opinion. In any case, for the WN I will make the profiles in my blog for now, Geld's Regenerationn would be Low-Godly scaling from Shion.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Is spiritual lifeforms having Regenerationn even relevant to the discussion about whether to seperate the profiles or make them composite?
I don't think it is, take it to the discussion thread i would say.
Honestly, I thought it was in the discussion initially. My mistake.

Geld having low-godly regen? Where is that even from?

Also again not relevant to what should be discussed here.

Elizhaa, your quote as proof of spiritual beings capable of regenerating literally states that it's for their physical bodies, not their spiritual form.

OpMasada said:
Elizhaa, your quote as proof of spiritual beings capable of regenerating literally states that it's for their physical bodies, not their spiritual form.
That is what Low-Godly is. Many spiritual beings in the show have resistance to Soul Manipulation anyway.

Back