• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tenchi Muyo Mid Tiers Downgrades

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
In Tenchi Muyo! there exists a being known as Fuku. This little dude is claimed to have "enough energy to fill a small universe." Sound vague? It is.

There are a good number of ways to interpret this statement, with very few actually yielding 3-B.

1. He has enough energy to fill the background energy of an area significantly smaller than the observable universe

2. He has enough energy to fill the background energy of an area slightly smaller than the observable universe.

3. He has enough energy to mimic the wattage of a number of stars that is significantly lower than the amount in the observable universe.

4. He has enough energy to mimic the wattage of a number of stars that is slightly lower than the amount in the observable universe.

5. He has enough energy to convert into matter to reproduce a significantly smaller universe.

6. He has enough energy to convert into matter to reproduce a slightly smaller universe.

Of course that all runs off the idea that "universe" means literally universe and not any kind of pocket realm.

Can you guess how many of these yield 3-B? If you guessed 1, you're correct! That in combination with the fact that it already has a crux of validity indicates to me that this should be an Unknown feat because of the wildly varying levels of interpretation and guesswork that would go into quantifying this even if a specific method or interpretation was agreed on (what defines significantly or slightly varies). As cute as the little dude is, I feel like putting him at 3-B is a bit out there.

OK but let's make them better one issue at a time. I'm assuming you agree with this?

Unknown makes sense.

While I do agree with you that this offhand statement is too vague and unbacked, you're probably scrutinizing it too much. In another context I would say it's 3-B easily, as that's the obvious intended effect if you aren't nitpicking. Unfortunately for Tenchi Muyo!, this isn't the case here.

On the subject, we should really do something about the 1-As with no justification or elaborations on file whatsoever.

I am personally fine with downgrading Fuku and the characters scaled from her if the rest of you think that it is for the best.

The higher tiers were rated that way due to investigations from DarkLK. I wrote down a summary of his explanation long ago in the Tenchi Muyo! verse page, combined with The Choushi and Kami Tenchi notes sections.

Anyway, the problem here is that only a very small part of the canon Tenchi Muyo is constituted by the original OVA series, whereas the main part of the information is contained within a large number of doujinshi by the original creator Masaki Kajishima, along with his 3 "True Tenchi Muyo" and at least 17 "Tenchi Muyo GXP" novels.

Unfortunately, only 2 (soon to be 3) of these novels have been officially translated into English, whereas the rest have only been partially handled in fan translations with a rather poor quality of English.

If I remember correctly, I sent scans of most of the Tenchi Muyo GXP novels to DarkLK and Sera EX over a year ago, so they could investigate, but nothing seems to have happened on that front as of yet.

I could give you a link to the fan translations if you wish though.

Also, I know that I try to manage the Tenchi Muyo wiki, since it requires so little work, and nobody else is available, but I am only a lapsed fan of the show nowadays. It was a lot of fun long ago, but I have mostly lost interest and forgotten about the lore at this point.

DarkLK might be able to help though.

Reading Google translations of the Anime Characters Fight wiki pages for Tenchi Muyo might also be of help.

@Ant

All that material being canon is odd considering our pages use almost exclusively scans from the OVA seasons (which I'm currently watching to get some info and context [imo it sucks but that's my opinion]).

Speaking of profiles, our descriptions either aren't there period or are ripped straight from the Tenchi Muyo! Wiki.

Well, it is possible that we should delete all of the Tenchi Muyo profile pages except for the Ds/Dimensional Supervisors, the Choushin members, the Counter-Actor, and Kami Tenchi, as the others are too hard to rate properly.

You should preferably read our text segments based on DarkLK's old explanations as well, and then talk with him about the issue.

Here are the partial fan translations of the Tenchi GXP novels btw:

https://tenchimuyotranslationblog.blogspot.com/

The Tenchi Muyo GXP anime has largely been retconned by Masaki Kajishima at this point, since the director "Nabeshin" messed it up so far outside of Mister Kajishima's personal vision (Nabeshin inserted a lot of meaningless and chaotic juvenile potty humor into it), so I am uncertain if you need to watch it.

Maybe Sera (or somebody of our other members living in Japan) knows someone who has read the Tenchi Muyo GXP novels in the original language, and might be willing to help out?

Antvasima said:
Well, it is possible that we should delete all of the Tenchi Muyo profile pages except for the Ds/Dimensional Supervisors, the Choushin members, the Counter-Actor, and Kami Tenchi, as the others are too hard to rate properly.
Yes, they should be saved and deleted.

Fuku is female btw, and the other characters are fine, they just need adjusted ratings, which I've noted that I will handle. In due time guys, I have a lot on my plate this month. Tenchi Muyo just isn't popular enough as a verse (debating wise) to be high enough on my priority list.

DC (going swell), Marvel (oh god), Persona (almost finished with blog), Tenchi Muyo, and Ninja Gaiden + Dead or Alive. All in due time.

I also asked somebody who has read all of the 21 (?) Tenchi Muyo novels for help, and according to him the story is roughly intended to be symbolic for either the Trimurti or the Tridevi trying to prove the existence of the Parabrahman.

He said that Tenchi and the Choushin are supposed to be The Monad, Ain, Ain Soph, and Ain Soph Aur respectively, with Tenchi as the monadic logic equation itself and the Choushin as the monadic triad, with absolutely all of existence emanating from them.

https://davidboje.files.wordpress.c...nechapter_onefirst_deepest_triad27jan2014.jpg

He told me to look up a Hegel pierce triadic.

However, he couldn't point to specific translated chapter segments from the novels where this has been extensively dealt with, as the novels are extremely sparse with discussing any details.

As such, we seem to mostly be stuck with the anime series itself.

@Sera

Okay. Thank you. So we should wait with deleting the pages then?

Okay. I would appreciate if you could wait then Dark649.

Which characters are you referring to? The Choushin are currently scaled from DarkLK's investigations about their natures detailed in the Tenchi Muyo! verse page, along with The Choushi profile, not from feats.

@Assaltwaffle

Aha. Well, it has been stated that 10 Light Hawk Wings are the maximum that all of 3-dimensional space can withstand before being automatically destroyed completely, and Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki at their potential peaks can manage that.

It is hard to gauge exactly how powerful lower numbers of LHWs are, but regular Ryo-Ohki, who can match the strongest 1st generation Jurai Royal Tree ships, with 3 LHWs, could apparently withstand a galaxy-destroying explosion.

Z has 5 LHWs and the Zinv has 4 LHWs when enhanced by Fuku.

Well, it has been a long time since I watched the 3rd OVA series. Maybe the clash was lower than 3-C.

It shouldn't be hard to calc but it definitely isn't 3-C. They nuke a large portion of the galaxy but not the whole thing.

Okay. Take note that I think that the entire universal timespace continuum would collapse, but that was not explicitly spelled out in the "Tenchi Muyo 101 Questions and Answers" book in which I think this was stated by Masaki Kajishima, the head writer of the series.

Back