• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tekken CRT: Some Issues in Kazuya's Scaling

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So the fighting game pipeline has led me here...

Basically, I was skimming some stuff, and saw that Kazuya's profile has a couple of issues. I'd like to go over them in this thread, so let's not waste any time.

Devil Kazuya's High 6-A Rating

The first of these comes from Devil Kazuya being given a High 6-A rating. The justification is as follows:
Multi-Continent level (Is stronger than before, fought Base Akuma)

However, there's a problem. Base Akuma is 7-A, and his scaling comes from Base Heihachi, who is also 7-A. In the event that there is no additional justification, Devil Kazuya should be downgraded to 7-A, though his Super Devil and True Devil forms will remain High 6-A

The Devil Gene Multiplier (Especially for Speed)

Currently, Super Devil Kazuya has a 10x multiplier tacked onto him via the Devil Gene. There are two problems with this:
  1. The scan merely states that his cellular compounds are 10x stronger than those of a normal human. That doesn't say anything about him being 10x stronger than his previous form.
  2. Even if you wanted to take the most generous interpretation that this means he's 10x stronger than his previous form, this says nothing about his speed, making the FTL rating completely bunk
In short, my proposals are:
  1. Downgrade Devil Kazuya to 7-A if no additional evidence for High 6-A scaling is provided
  2. Remove the Devil Gene multiplier, at minimum for speed (but really, it should be removed for AP as well). Naturally, anyone who scales to FTL through this would be downgraded to Relativistic
That's about it as far as my proposals go, so now I'll open the floor to discussion! Let's keep things civil, yeah?

Agree: Theglassman12
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Agree with the scaling (and the speed multiplier). I'm neutral leaning towards "possibly" 10x multiplier for AP. It reads to me that the implication is that the gene had made him 10x stronger, however I'm aware it doesn't outright say that, so that's why I think possibly makes sense here.

The only High 6-A arguments I’ve seen pushed for Tekken is the whole Jinpachi “I will bring the world to ruin” type statements. Other than those, it’s not really elaborated upon if he meant nuking the entire world within the matter of minutes or not. If that’s the only thing they got going for the scaling then I agree with the downgrade

It comes from Jin's Tekken 8 ending as that has a 643 petaton calc, which I think is outside the scope of this thread

Devil Kazuya totally scales to Devil Jin, so that's solid, it just needs to be reworded.
I'll speak my mind on the multipliers once I'm able to elaborate properly.

Is Devil Jin’s ending in Tekken 8 even canon though? Given how random the arcade endings are, unless they are all referenced, idk if we should even use them.

If any individual instead waited on future CRTs tackling some topics instead of doing their own thing, it would be so much better

You claim nothing implies the multiplier increase despite the fact the very scene has Kazuya stomp on Jin, in both AP and speed and only when Jin got his own form akin to Kazuya was able to match him stat wise

Each devil gene use whether transformed or not shows a gap in power between each of them, along claims previous forms dont stand a chance against the current ones anymore which resulted in comparable forms to match up to

Also the justification you brought up in OP to remind you, is thanks to you letting you know who to handle verse wide changes to the verse resulting in that poor state of wording existing

Back