• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tekken: 5-B upgrades for Jin, Jinpachi, & Azazel

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems like intangibility, which Kazumi and Kazuya shown in their devil forms, especially Kazuya during the rage art where he punches the opponent before he gets to the other side and speaking of that, Kazuya was able to hit Akuma when he was using his phasing ability, that would be non physical interaction

I don't think there is much to add ability wise for all the characters.

Yes D.Kazuya inherited that from D.Kazumi, for Akuma being hit while being intangible can you link when it happened in the story?.

In the special chapter when you get Akuma life bar to zero and he goes to perform the raging demon, you gotta do your own rage art against him and Kazuya hits him when he dies the phasing teleport,Ashura Senku it was named i think

I remember, yes he punched him but it was with the Devil Fist which allows Kaz. to go intangible. Non-Physical Interaction should be when a physical being interacts with an intangible one, here Kazuya had to use a non-physical intangible move to hit an intangible being.

Well the devil fist we see in gameplay he electrocutes the opponent and phases through them, in the rage art he punches them in the abdomen before he phases on the other side, dont think its the same move here

Jun, Claudio and potentially Asuka [have to add] have an holy manipulation that can repel the devil gene, it should be listed as a weakness to D.Kazumi, D.Kazuya and D.Jin.

BlackDarkness679 said:
Well the devil fist we see in gameplay he electrocutes the opponent and phases through them, in the rage art he punches them in the abdomen before he phases on the other side, dont think its the same move here
The move was first introduced in Tag 1 at 1:07 where he punches and phases through, here he aims at the abdomen. The opponent is electrocuted.

The move returns in Tag 2/T7 at 0:44 where he punches and phases through, here he is faster but still aims at the abdomen. The opponent is electrocuted.

In the story rage art at 2:02 as you said he punches Akuma in the abdomen and phases trough, this version doesn't electrocute since he follows up with a launcher.

Looks like the same move, the third one doesn't electrocute as variation.

Would exorcism count for holy manipulation?

Also devil gene users telekinesis should have the range more higher, Kazumi summoned a meteor to crush the volcano she was fighting her opponent in the boss fight, Devil Jin telekinesis with the motorcycle on Hwoarang its worth mentioning too, possibly explosion manipulation(?)

Not to mention the power steal ability, Kazuya tried to take the half of the devil he lost with its death, the tekken 3 intro shows a devil spirit when marking Jin arm with the tatto, Kazuya ending shows he takes that spirit, there is also Devil Jin taking the vengeful spirit possessing Jinpachi in his ending and in tag 2 Kazuya taking it from Unknown that wolf spirit(which are seen when beating her too), that would grant soul manipulation and resistance to Jin given that Kazuya failed to take it from Jin

Dark649 said:
The move was first introduced in Tag 1 at 1:07 where he punches and phases through, here he aims at the abdomen.

The move returns in Tag 2/T7 at 0:44 where he punches and phases through, here he is faster but still aims at the abdomen.

In the story rage art at 2:02 as you said he punches Akuma in the abdomen and phases trough, this version doesn't electrocute since he follows up with a launcher.

Looks like the same move to me.
Yeah but the tag 1/2 and tekken 7 in gameplay he electrocutes them too, in the rage art he doesnt electrocute them, he punches them hard then goes through, ff2 has different properties, in later games doing it on normal hit just gives you a punch there, on counter he does more

If electrocution was performed during the rage art then it should have been shown like the gameplay, instead we see the opponent holding their abdomen before Kazuya uppercuts them unlike the gameplay one were they fall on the ground electrocuted

Holy Manipulation:

Exorcism: Priests and similar characters are often able to exorcise beings that are weak to their sacraments, allowing them to destroy demons, spiritual beings, and even the very souls of their targets.

I think Kazumi summoned that from a short distance, given the time of the meteor to fall should be tens of meters from the ground.

T5 Hwoarang ending is canon, but happened during the tournament and not after he won [he did not won it anyways], he used explosion manipulation through telekinesis to destroy the bike. Telekinesis normally doesn't explodes stuff like that.

Yes, D.Jin and likely Kazuya can take the soul of the opponent, but Kazuya 4 ending implies that Heihachi never fought Devil Kazuya in 2 since the being [retconned into the altered personality of him due to the devil gene] introduced himself to him, but in 7 he shows a picture of him transformed to Claudio, which Heihachi should not have seen unless the Zaibatsu made a shot of him flying around or something.

In tekken 2 Devil Kazuya is the final fight after Kazuya, i remember it was also said Heihachi faced Devil Kazuya and won because of Kazuya inner struggle(Angel and Devil fighting for his soul), might also be cuz of Jun relation with him and that he couldnt control the devil gene bac then, since he achieved that in tekken 4

Maybe Heihachi wasnt aware Devil was controlling Kazuya at that moment that he didnt knew it, in tekken 5 he also forgot he imprisoned Jinpachi till he remembered or about whatever mission which resulted in Lars birth, he didnt knew of that either till he realized it, Heihachi seems to forget things then remembers after thinking a little

Yes, it has been 20 years since that fight so Heihachi just quickly defeated a weakened Devil Kazuya due to Jun's influence, that personality likely did not talked at all him, also Heihachi in 4 immediately knew that that was not Kazuya when facing Jin. Also, yes Heihachi tends to forget things at first, but then he does realize it.

I have checked again, the devil fist is Kazuya punching while phasing through at the same time, in the rage art in true devil form he just punches and then phasing through, so non-physical might be fine, also since i think the devils are a similar entity to Unknown, who can harm her ghost wolf.

Not sure if devils can be similar to Unknown, but given the devil mark on her arm, it could be very possible be the case maybe

Well so far we have intangibility, non physical interaction, better range on telekinesis(Kazuya and Jin showings had range from close range), explosion manipulation from telekinesis, soul manipulation and resistance to Jin for that (not sure if it counts for other devil gene users), electricity resistance and paralysis/stun from it(Lars stuned a tekken force soldier with a electrified blow)

Also the devil gene users should all have forcefield, Regenerationn, short range teleport(Kazumi and Kazuya do it in a manner like Jinpachi) too, basically any ability shown by one should apply to all given they have the same power source

Also now that you mentioned Claudio, i remember he said in a win quote something like may the light of sirius vanquish something or such, would that count for his arrow he fires during the fight with Heihachi and during the rage art or needs more proof for that

Well if there isnt anything else, can the abilities discussed be added or there is needed more input for them?

Also looked a little over the statements, Wang said the Zaibatsu had enough power to take on the entire world, in the sense of conquering other nations, basically world domination and the clash between Jin and Kazuya destroying the world could mean either in regards to the prophecy were if they met Azazel would awaken from the seal and doing the destruction, for Raven journal he said he didnt believe in supernatural and prophecies, but after seeing everything he changed his mind

Raven: does not believe in the supernatural. Also Raven: Teleports and can do clone jutsus and Dodge bullets lol

But seriously speaking I agree we need to upgrade these guys.

I agree with the abilities, also likely for intangibility and teleportation for D.Jin is ok. Not sure about forcefield for the others, i think they are Jin only abilities like the explosion he caused via telekinesis in devil form.

The devil gene comes from the same source and it was inherited by bloodline and what not, it wouldnt be far fetched for Kazumi and Kazuya to have the same things likely, i remember on a pakislot machine Devil Kazuya shown forcefields too against Devil Jin in a battle cutscene

The Web Adventurer said:
Raven: does not believe in the supernatural. Also Raven: Teleports and can do clone jutsus and Dodge bullets lol

But seriously speaking I agree we need to upgrade these guys.
Dont think clone jutsu, teleporting and bullet dodging falls under supernatural, anyway i wouldnt blame Raven for not believing in supernatural and all since all these things are hard to believe for him, hell he was surprised when Heihachi showed up to him and was alive after getting nuked

I think the stuff Master Raven and Raven were trained with are considered normal by their association just like the manji clan members are trained to perform similar stuff.

Anyway can we add the abilities and resistances talked on the profiles if there isnt anything else to mention?Next would be to look at the feats that need a recvision

Also i couldnt find the calc anywhere for one of the laser feats AP, but i remember it was like nearly 500 megatons of TNT if im not wrong, but yeah i dont think theres a chance to find it, someone gotta have to calc that

I will soon add them.

Well, you can ask an evalution of it with the calc members.

Sweet

I could try asking DMUA to do both laser calcs perhaps, he is pretty familiar with the series as well, if not then i suppose i gotta ask the others

They come from here [end] and here , Kazuya half soul [glowing sphere] of his Devil Gene Spirit inhabited Jin later Kazuya taunted Jin while he was dreaming to awaken him.

I had a guess it might be from tekken 3 after thinking a bit, i didnt even taught of Kazuya taunting in Jin mind or ever crossed my mind

The regen could be put as comparable to Jin as well for the devil gene users

The devil gene in their body causes damage like gunshot which is Mid to regen. the damage even base, they also scale to Azazel's.

You can destroy Azazel head and he will regen from it, not sure if there is a video that shows it.

In the Campaign when Lars defeats Azazel, he used the combo Light Manipulation + Teleportation to make believe he self-destructed which isn't true. He just teleported underground and transformed.

Well we dont see what happens to Azazel in that scene, its focusing on Lars there

Its a bit hard to tell from the quality, although i think i saw his beak and most of the face gone i think, i think there was also the horns, but i dont think that changes anything

Added them [you can check to be right], now i need to check all those that fit for Acrobatics.

About the ap upgrade, before i need that calc evaluated and then talk about Final Jinpachi key and Azazel, after the upgrade i will fix the verse page and blog [move some characters up like Jun].

@The Web Adventurer its already on the profile

Seems good, although from where is Jinpachi having soul absorption?

Also characters like Claudio, Hwoarang, Angel and Kuma need a profile too, maybe Jun and Unknown too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back