• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say so since 1) that might get a lower result if Bambu's revisions go through and 2) there's no reason to assume it scales to their striking strength or other assorted statistics

I believe DarkAnine would probably be one of the best people to ask, but he mentioned on another thread that they do scale to characters who caused earthquakes with physical blows alone. So they shouldn't be downgraded too much. I will leave him a message on his wall.

Isn't Darkanine the one responsible for the rating? If so I'll request him to come here.

Edit: Ninja'd

Okay. Thank you for the help.

And yeah, it really doesn't seem like something that should scale to their physical strength.

Well, if we get new calculations to scale their physical statistics from, based on the earthquake feats, it should be fine.

Dark and Cal are the only listed knowledgeable members. So I guess I will try asking Cal.

There were only 3 active members listed on the verse page and I have contacted them all...wow, I really thought TMNT would have more fans than this :(

Well, you can ask some other staff members to help evaluate this as well. There are quite a lot of us after all.

Has anybody asked the rest of the staff for help?

DarkAnine hasn't responded, but I could try messaging The Real Cal Howard

Okay. Thanks. You can also message other staff members to help out here. I do not like when we have severely misleading profiles.

@Dark I think I already messaged Cal. But you can try to message him again if it's needed.

I meant that you can message staff members who are not knowledgeable about this franchise. It is not a complicated topic to evaluate.

If they have other feats that would be high, they should be calc'd and handled. This does look like Environmental Destruction. Even if it is just one tier shift or something minor like that, they shouldn't scale to a false feat.

2 questions:

Is that storm stated/shown/implied to use the same energy that they use to fight?

If no, it's Environmental Destruction.

If yes, it scales to AP of their non-physical attacks

Do they ever fight each other with non-physical attacks and survive them?

If yes, that scales to their physical stats.

If not, it doesn't

What Kal said, pretty much.

At a face value the weather alteration seems to be distinctly different from their other powers and abilities.

I do not think so, no, so it is probably ED.

I am also pretty sure their weather powers and physical abilities were never implied to be on par with each other. So yeah I'm support of a downgrade, if I didn't make it clear already.

Would anybody be willing to help figure out what else that we shoild scale them to, or is 9-B a better approximation for their general feats? I only saw around 12 episodes long ago though, so I may misremember.

Leonardo scales to Tiger Claw who was able to beat a worm who shook the entire city, so I think they could be scaled to that. It's his first key so depending on whatever the shockwave produced by the worm is, it could be used to scale the main cast,with casey likely being a bit lower.

Good to more usable feats popping up. 22, could you link the feat in question? Might be calc-able.

causing an earthquake-like effect in which shaking is felt outside is, at baseline, 8-A

I'm sorry i couldn't provide a more official source, but in "The wrath of Tiger Claw" Tiger claw cuts himself out of said Worm and is implied to have killed more as he fought his way back to Earth, but that's as much as I can give.

But, since the feat as asked for, the feat happens in the episode(s) "The Manhattan project"(Season 2, episode 13 and 14). The worms travel through subway systems and their enormous size causes strong seismic vibrations mistaken for earthquakes. I would provides links, but the only sites I found can produce ads that aren't suitable for vs battles. But I will add what I can, and say that since most sites put episodes 13 and 14 (of season 2) together in one, then the feat occurs around 31:24, where the worm produces an Earthquake that is felt by Shredder, Splinter and everyone else in the room. And somehow I missed this one while skipping around, but another one happens at the beginning of the episode in the turtles' underground lair. at aroun 10:18.

EDIT: All of these earthquake feats are super casual from the worms, and apparently they're baseline 8-A. However this still wouldn't scale to the turtles since it'd be an outlier for Tiger claw, and he only killed one on screen by cutting his way out from the inside.

@22Easy

Thank you for the help. So what would you suggest as reasonable feats to scale from? I had the impression that this version of the Turtles were 9-B or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back