• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 Upgrades... 2

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This time we'll be tackling revisions for the Soldier, Demoma, Pyro and Medic, along with some general revisions.

General

Soldier
He should get the following abilities added:

Demoma

Pyro

Medic

Can you insert brief explanations for all of the suggested abilities?

You can also use the Team Fortress verse page to find members to ask to comment here.

While the Type 2 Immortality seems reasonable, the Heavy example is invalid. The scene quite visibly shows that he's able to survive with his chest open because of the Medic's devices, not any inherent ability. Even so, the other reasonings seem valid, so it'd surely be fine to scale Heavy from the other feats.

Well, I'm not exactly super knowledgeable on TF2, so I can't really be the one to evaluate it. But from a glance, it all seems pretty fine to me!

Thanks for your input nonetheless.

I'll be going through the knowledgeable members list when I'm free.

@Antvasima The abilities not given an explanation for are all weapons which the characters have access to that grant them certain statistics. I figured it would be pointless to explain them

Glad to help. If you're busy at the moment, I'll go ask the people on the TF2 page to comment here.

Didn't I suggest those resistances for Demoman before? Anyways, acid resist should be resistance to corrosion inducement since he can resist the effects of Sniper's corrosive moonshine. It's an alcoholic beverage, not an acid.

Also they all seem good, and I agree with Dark

Alright, a few major members have been contacted. Glad to help.

Okay. I suppose that this seems fine so far then, but let's wait for a bit more input first.

• How can they all survive without their heart? Also type 2 Immortality makes it very unclear if just survive for a while something that would kill you qualifies or not. Idk the context of the Demoman feat (I started the comic but never finished it), Heavy was being healed and attended by Medic so i disagree, and I don't think Scout's feat qualifies either.
  • Transmutation via the Saxxy and Golden Pan is correct, needing to kill the target first would need to be added with it.
Soldier

• Multiple Personalities is correct I guess.
  • Energy Projection and Fire Inducement is correct.
  • Intangibility for the Righteous Bison projectile seems wrong.
  • Rage Power is correct.
  • Healing as limited is correct.
  • Resistance to Pain Manipulation is just Resistance to Pain.
Demoman

• Pseudo-Flight via Sticky Jumping seems like it should not be that but sence it's as pseudo I'm gonna guess it's fine.
  • Explosion Manipulation is obviously correct
  • Body Control is fine
  • Nor sure if I agree on the resistances.
Pyro

• Explosion Manipulation is correct.
  • Resistance Negation for Fire Manipulation is correct.
  • Breath Attack is correct.
Medic

• Resistance to Explosion Manipulation and Fire Manipulation is correct.
  • Multiple Personalities is correct.
  • Information Analysis is correct.
At the same time, every merc should have the stuff that isn't Standard Equipment put as OP.

Eficiente usually has a good sense of judgement regarding evaluations.

The context of the Demoman feat was him converting his organs to alcohol distillery since he didn't have any alcohol to drink in a while. He was functioning without his lungs, bone marrow and stomach performing their intended functions, implying he didn't need them.

Intangibility for the projectile is so as it can go through multiple enemies, so at the very least it is limited intangibility.

Resistance to poison manipulation is due to him being alive even though he drank massive amounts of alcohol, which are sure to cause Alcohol poisoning, and Sniper's statements seem pretty solid to justify the resistance to corrosion inducement.

I'll be working on separating the abilities given by equipment and base stats, as I have done so with Heavy, Engineer and Sniper

I don't think "can go through multiple enemies" is Intangibility.

Well, it works like that in the game, it isn't cutting holes through the other player

That's just the game's visuals not representing it properly.

Shouldn't Sniper also have limited type 2 immortality since he doesn't feel his organs shutting down after taking some Saxton Hale Pain Tonics?

Anyhow, can I add the accepted abilities firsthand? Because then it gives room to further argue without causing hinderment.

The accepted abilities can probably be added, yes.

Agnaa said:
That's just the game's visuals not representing it properly.
I do want to add that TF2 is know for doing this on occasion. A prime example would be Scout's BONK! Energy Drink, which makes him flatout invulnerable in-game even when standing still, despite the fact that the description of the powerup says it makes him "too fast for anyone to hit". (or something to that effect)

So "the game's visuals not representing it properly" could be a perfectly valid interpretation.

So is somebody experienced willing to handle this?

I do not remember anymore. Sorry. You will have to read through the thread.

Back