• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Taylor Fights Her Boss, The Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have only recently started worm so dont crucify me i just thought this would be a fun match because we need more jojo vs worm matches.

Story, sometime around after the Leviathan attack taylor becomes determined to turn in her boss to redeem herself as a person and after investigating it and information from Lisa she figures out his ability deals with time, she tracks him down to an abandoned massive empty warehouse and as she opens the door to the warehouse she hears " bruh momento it just works" and sees Diavolo in his stripper outfit, they start to fight.

As stated the fight starts in the opening of a big empty warehouse and the battlefield is the surrounding city blocks in Brockton Bay giving Taylor the homefield advantage

Skitter Key

Taylor has previous knowledge that his power deals with time, and has a day of prep.

Diavolo has previous knowledge that Taylors power deals with Bugs

They start 300 Meters apart from each other, EDIT: Post Leviathan attack so there's a ton of bugs for her to use in the battlefield

speed not equal though this is subject to change EDIT: SPEED EQUAL!

other than that SBA apply, FIGHT!

Battle Theme for this Match:https://youtu.be/fqBNnC_apV4 (Traitors Requiem)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Taylor_Hebert

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Diavolo

Iirc, no Worm powers deal with time like Diavolo does. So, Taylor attacks, gets skipped, thus her preparations are falling apart quickly. Diavolo continues to sprint towards her, and by the time she knows what's happening, KC had put a hole in her chest. Vote Diavolo.

I don't really see just 150 mattering, when he gets 10 free seconds to ******' sprint towards her while she sits in place and watches 'Diavolo' get slaughtered.

Like, what can she really do when he can just skip everything she could possibly do?

Understands that the guy can somehow leap in place while erasing memories and pulls a Bruno and manages to get him by surprise.

Obviously, this would need Taylor to be at least a couple of kilometers away from Diavolo in order to figure that out and organize a counter.

Ayup. Either Taylor has such an absurd range advantage that Diavolo has absolutely no clue where he is, or Diavolo punches her in the face.

I thought 150 meters would be good since it gives taylor her usual range advantage, but it's still possible for Diavolo to close the range gap in time before being swarmed by poisonous insects, since that was why Giorno mostly lost to her in the last jojo vs worm thread by alot. Although if more people think Diavolo wins too hard with his time erasure hax i can extend how far away taylor is from him to give her a chance, though I don't know if this is allowed since this is my first time making a vs battles thread on this wiki

Coil would make for a way better matchup

and by way better I mean Coil probably still yeets him via basically being what Diavolo wishes he was but still this matchup is wack

Diavolo has MFTL combat speed not travel speed, speed equal wouldnt change anything really.

Also you're right coil would make for a good matchup i'd love to see how Diavolo's time erasure and coils timeline simulation would interact. but that's derailing the thread. if you think there's a way i can make this matchup better, do give your input not insults.

Bedroombedrock said:
Diavolo has MFTL combat speed not travel speed, speed equal wouldnt change anything really.
That's my point, it's combat speed. Nothing Taylor does will be able to touch him because Taylor is a statue from Diavolo's perspective

I think you are misunderstanding the way this battle will go, they start 150 meters apart and are set in a brockton bay city area for a reason, Taylor and Diavolo aren't trapped in a room together forced into hand to hand combat, yes if Diavolo gets within range of Taylor he blitzes but her odds aren't much better even if speed was equal since he's 8-C. The goal of this battle is for Taylor to take out Diavolo befre he can close the distance and donut her and Diavolo's goal is to avoid being crippled by her bugs befre he can get in range. So if you think 150 meters apart makes it a stomp in Diavolo's favor then im open to making the range farther if you want, also, again Taylors bugs are more of an area of effect attack and Diavolo cant just react to thousands of bugs since he doesnt have ftl travel speed. now id like to actually discuss the fight.

I understand your point but Taylor and her bugs are statue and won't even move in Diavolo's perspective. AOE attacks won't mean much when there is this massive speed difference between two characters to the point where Diavolo wiews them as unmoving objects. This is not about distance, distance can be over 1km and Diavolo would still close it and donut her without being it by even one of her bugs

oof speed isn't even equal, christ

Yea that's a stomp.

Actually thinking it over is it fine to equalize only reaction or should I just put all speed equalized? I thought it over my head and Diavolo could probably do some weird gymnastic shit and parkour away from her bugs

Speed Equal and it's not a stomp, though I'm voting Diavolo, low diff.

Speed Unequal? No.

He has Massively FTL reactions because he can react to and dodge other stands who are also Massively FTL. He can also control his own stand which is Massively FTL. Ans yes, having faster reactions means he thinks faster. A man who can react to Massively FTL stuff can't get hit by Superhuman speed bugs

Stomp in unequal speed, not stomp but Diavolo is more likely to win in equal speed as well

Sorry it took a while but I updated the battle assumptions, speed is now equalized and I gave Taylor a bigger range advantage and clarified the warehouse is in Brockton Bay, hopefully with this it isn't a stomp and we can have a fair fight, Taylor stomped Giorno so let's see if she can take on her plot twist

Ok Diavolo spams precog and time erasure, closes the distance and one-shots her

And Giorno would've stomped her unequal speed as well

You act like taylor would just sit there and do nothing though, she isn't stupid and has a day of prep with knowledge that his ability deals with time in a way, I find it hard to believe she wouldn't set up her bugs in a way to figure out what he's doing similar to how Kakyoin used Hierophant Green to figure out DIO's timestop, also she can always bail and play the long game to try and stay out of his range since that's what she'd probably do if she's dealing with time, though i have no idea just how much space Diavolo could cross in 10 seconds of time erasure since they're 300 meters apart

And you act like you're purposely trying to make Diavolo lose.

Equal speed, increased distance on top of that minor prior knowledge?

Now speed equalized so they both should move at the same speed. I'll assume they both Superhuman speed so it should take around 20-25 seconds for Diavolo to cross the distance, he will be using precog time erasure so Taylor can't do anything remarkable within the erased time.

She can try to stay out of his range but equal movement speed and Diavolo's time erasure counters that

So overall I think Diavolo is more likely to cross the distance and donut her. It's not a stomp, she can win too but it's less likely even tho you give her some advantage to make it "fair"

Why are you acting like I'm out here trying to make him lose? First everyone ***** on my thread because it's too hard a stomp in Diavolo's favor so I equalize speed and give Taylor a bit more range because the feedback has so far been "he crosses 150 meters easily and mftl reactions lolnopes everything she does" so I bump up those two variables to compensate and now I'm biased towards her? Jesus I can't catch a break, also minor prior knowledge is sorta necessary or else she loses by a landslide without a starting point. Also keep in mind this takes in a general urban city block area and Diavolo is inside the warehouse so he can't full on sprint off the bat, I think it's kinda 50/50 tbh

Not a personal thing, but everyone here seems to have a biased interest in making their characters win decisively. I find very decisive matches to be boring and prefer matches where the actual battle can be discussed

There's no bias in making their characters win, that's hella dumb. Finding battles that don't lean much to one side is way more difficult than you think.

And if the battle was a near 50/50, it would be far more likely to end in Incon since things are so equal.

That said, I don't actually see Diavolo winning this under speed equal.

Diavolo isn't crossing that much distance with a single skip, and he has never been shown just spamming the thing, waiting some time after each use. Which is far more than enough time for a literal cloud of bugs to go after his ass. Even if he got closer, the bugs all around her most of the time would just feel his location, even if not King Crimson. And considering she has done a little trick where she has covered herself with bugs and just suddenly appeard somewhere else while the misdirection happens and without even realizing she's doing it, could try something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back