• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TA's 9-B Brackets | Quarter Final 3

Onto the second to last Quarter Final and boy do we have a match. In the previous match, we saw Frank West take out These Bad Bois

This match, we have the super gentlemen spy James Bond submitted by myself, against the cunning and powerful Sanura Williams submitted by Litentric Teon

This is the tournament standings: https://challonge.com/p7oir0xj

Takes place in a standard arena

Speed is Equalised

The Spy: 0

The Fire Witch of Legend: 4 (Litentric Teon, Kyschan21, Edwardtruong2006, Drite77)

Inconclusive: 0

Also sorry guys I've been having issues with pictures recently so there may not be a photo on this match for a bit

Hahahah it's more like pictures won't save on the device I'm using for some reason. Started happening today

Should figure out this relatively simple obstacle soon though hahaha

Ah, gotcha.

prepares main course

Alright, now for the seasoning reasoning.

They're probably starting at most, a few dozen or so meters apart. Sanura recognizes that the guy has guns. So, when the match starts, the first thinig she'll do is immobilize him with a binding spell. Since she has to just think the incantation, it'll be faster than Bond reaching for any of his weapons. From there she can do a number of things from placing a forcefield over top of him that'll cause all his bullets to ricochet off of it. Spew flames until he dies. Both. Have a forcefield around herself too if she really wanted to.

But essentially her first move will happen first because it's thought based as opposed to a gesture. So regardless of whether it's binds or a forcefield around Bond, both will likely be coming one after the other.

Thank you.

I kinda figured, lol. I was thinking on it earlier and I was like, "I mean she can block bullets with a forcefield, but will it be fast enough? I guess with speed equalized it will be but..."

Then I realized that she's the fire witch of legend, so her spells are thought based as opposed to word based. Which made things a tad simpler.

I just find it funny that Sanura might do what Assefa cannot. The poor cat of legend.

Yeah now Bond would beat Assefa if Alec can

Anyway, yeah the Samurai would be a challenge for her but yeah thought based > quick trigger finger

Yeah. She's a glass cannon anyway. Though forcefields help.

Issue is, if her calc gets accepted, all her matches here will be invalidated unfortunately. But it's nice to use her since I don't do so often. Assefa tends to get much more traction than her.

Only if the calc gets accepted. I mentioned this on the original thread where we were picking characters (even bumped my calc) but it has yet to be evaluated by a calc group member.

But it's likely that her matches will be removed if it's approved, as the calc is fairly simple. So Arsenal can decide what he would like to do here.

I think we proceed. If by the chance someone looks at it before the next round and it gets accepted then we will have to DQ her. If not we continue on until the calc gets accepted and then we remove her match wins at the end of the tournament

@Arsenal

That's true. Seeing Bond's weapons, she'll either start with a forcefield around herself, a forcefield around him, or bindings upon Bond himself.

Back