• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TA's 9-B Bracket | Semi Final 1

After a bit of a break, we finally arrive at the final hurdles. Who will make it in the final? Will it be the Necroa Virus submitted by Edward Truong? Or the admirable Frank West submitted by Jackythejack?

Only time will tell

This is the tournament standings: https://challonge.com/p7oir0xj

Takes place in a standard arena

Speed Equalised

Otherwise SBA

The Virus: 0

The Photographer: 7 (Cinnabar, Jack, Wright, Christian, Kirby, Teon, Kyschan)

Inconclusive: 0

Also, in terms of the battle, I'm leaning towards Franky due to experience with fighting zombies, an apparent AP advantage, and the ability to stand off and blast the crap out of the zombie

I'm going to wait for Edward to say anything before I make my vote but obviously leaning towards Frank. I wanna see what arguments Ed can make for this virus

How likely is Frank to just blow the zombie up? He's gonna need that if he wants to perma kill the zombie due to that type 2 which lets the zombie keep fighting even without a head.

This is also in an arena right? I'd say that the Necroa is agile enough to be able to close the gap so when Frank does blow the zombie up the zombie will self-destruct and take Frank along with the zombie.

The Zombie is also very good at vomiting acid, so it's not lacking in the ranged department either.

Considering Frank's stupidly wide arsenal, blowing up a zombie wouldn't be that much of a problem, and he has a heck of a lot of options to do so. While I don't think he ever uses rocket launchers he has many, many different kinds of explosives, or ways to just dismember the body really easily. Off the top of my head I'm thinking meat dynamite, which could distract the zombie anyhow, also various smiths of dynamites, grenades, freezing the zombie to break it up into chunks, cutting it into tiny pieces with a lightsaber, just like, obliterating it with a shotgun or sniper rifle. Basically, yeah, he'd blow a zombie up. That's sort of his whole thing. If anything he could also just chuck like a bench at it or whatever to knock it over.

also how far can that acid stuff reach anywho? Frank's dealt with people who have flamethrowers which is...somewhat similar at least but eh I dunno. He's dealt with some pretty stupid and ridiculous things before, and I don't even know about the fourth game. And how powerful is the self destruct? Frank can tank rpg blasts so I dunno if they're super comparable or what.

He also has several acid attacks of his own which could be useful. Also Energizer makes him invulnerable anyways but I dunno if he'd actually need it or not, probably not considering he has so many different ways of blowing up a zombie before it gets to him, like shooting a crap ton of fireworks at it until it blows up. I think the firework launcher has like, sixty, which all blow up given a couple seconds

But how likely is he to blow up the zombie instead of either A) using Martial Arts or B) shooting it with like a gun.

Acid attacks probably get no-selled by the type 2, I'm assuming this arena is reasonably small so the zombie could probably catch to him and spit out acid, and the zombie's self-destruct is superior to it's own AP but it also spreads the Necroa Virus which will kill Frank within an hour or so.

Necroa Virus could probably just generally win by spreading the Necroa Virus tbh, it just needs one good hit with either it's self-destruct or acid in order to do so.

Also meat bomb won't distract the zombie, iirc Zombies have this special thing where they're attracted to living targets more than hunks of meat.

But Frank is already infected with his own zombie virus. Does that counteract one another? I mean for all we know it's a similar strain to the zombie virus in Dead Rising. Some Zombrex could fix him up real good and quick.

Also frank is just about as likely to blow up a zombie as he is to do basically anything else with it, to be completely honest. If the games are anything to go by he just...kills zombies. Also if this thing is super fast he'd want to eliminate it quickly, or at least immobilize it. He could blow out the thing's legs with a shotgun and, if it's still moving, he just pulls out a quick explosive and watches it go boom, or just keep shooting with a shotgun or sniper or something to tear its limbs off. Snipers and shotguns in Dead Rising easily blow off zombie limbs, so he could just completely decimate the zombie.

He's tanked attacks that let him just dismember zombies in one swing. I don't think the zombie self destructing would be a problem if he chooses to get close, which I don't entirely know is likely,

No it really doesn't, being infected with two diseases means you're infected with two diseases, and Zombrex wouldn't counter the Necroa Virus causing lesions in the brain or putting Frank in a coma.

Also I doubt just blowing off the legs will stop the zombie from moving fast as the Necroa zombies can be extremely mutilated corpses.

I highly doubt that a zombie with no legs can still run at the same speed as a zombie with legs. Y'know, the whole legs are really great for movement thing?

Mutilation doesn't mean your legs come off. It could just mean that you're missing chunks of your torso or otherwise. You're bound to be slower without your legs, once way or another. It still doesn't stop Frank from blasting the zombie away with a sniper rifle either. They're stupid degrees of powerful considering how far back they knock away zombie bodies, and they also knock off chunks of flesh and limbs. Like I said, blow off the arms and the legs, which can be done in one or two shots of a shotgun or sniper rifle, and you got a dead zombie.

Cut the zombie in half from afar with laser eyes, explode it with a grenade, or fireworks launcher which is just a casual weapon a Frank makes, or toss a propane canister at it and blow it up with a shotgun shot, or the bazooka cannon, or just any way he can to explode or incapacitate this zombie, including, like I said, freezing it. He actually has a lot of ways to freeze it, including an ice bomb or an ice trap which just freezes zombies nearby, and it does distract them still,

I mean

they still need to counter the Necroa Virus spreading through the air which the self-destruct will help further. Considering how fast the Necroa Virus spreads across the world with max transmission I don't doubt it'll be able to infect Frank in a few minutes

to be fair, uh...

Frank could also just turn the zombie into a Christmas ornament with the magic wand. That actually seems to be the easiest way to just like..kill a zombie. I feel like that's ignore the disease.

Though I'm gonna ignore that and also say that he could just put a crypt pod on the zombie, and walk away while it flies through the air and ultimately explode.

I mean

How likely is he going to do that out of his 80 other options in which the virus spreads and killd him

I dunno if it's the easiest option I don't see why he wouldn't do that. Besides he still has way to keep a distance from the zombie either way, knock it back or something. Who's to say Frank wouldn't realize this is a different kind of zombie and just sorta not let it get close to him at all? If it acts differently enough from the zombies he has experience in then He'd likely play it cautious.

Also I don't see how that'd be a win for the virus. The zombie, which is the actual combatant, is still dead.

I mean, Frank dies due to being put in a coma or having his brain fail then gets turned into a Necroa Zombie, it's technically a win for the virus.

And the virus spreads through the air, it's not like he'll have time to gtfo away from the virus (considering it's also dropping a **** ton of extra excrement that'll not be on the zombie).

Also, iirc we don't assume just bloodlusted for them. If a character doesn't have a set moveset we just assume random move or something.

I mean I still think Frank has so many ways to keep it at a range, even then. Also I mean depends on how he kills the zombie too. I feel like air transmissions only are mostly effective if there's a wind blowing through and towards Frank. I dunno how effective it'd be if he just shoots the zombie and blows its corpse away.

Even then he still has like, invulnerability, which helps. The excrement from the zombie doesn't mean too much if he just, like, doesn't let the zombie get close to him or touch him, especially if there's no wind current heading towards him, which could be the case.

Also uh sorry if my argument slows down a little I'm sorta of busy at the moment and an wothba friend

"Air 2: Virus can travel on dust particles. Increases infectivity, especially in arid environments and plane transmission."

It's not just wind boi

Air is air, lol. Wind is a specific application.

But, does it count as a win if the zombie, the combatant, dies, but the virus spreads? I know this was asked, I just didn't catch the answer.

The Necroa Virus is always assumed to be at it's strongest so everything is maxed out.

Frank needs some damn good antibiotics because the virus resists up to Class IV ones.

I mean like I said he still could just direct possible pathogen in a different direction with enough wind. (Also I have a headache at the moment bear with me)

He still has plenty of ways to incapacitate the zombie or kill it from a distance either way. Also he can definitely set distance between him and the zombie with a little quicksip, which increases his speed for a good half a minute anyhow.

Also pretty sure Frank prefers guns anyhow, considering that was his first weapon of choice in Dead Rising, when he convinced an agent to give him her gun. So starting out with gunfire or any kind of range isn't unlikely, especially something new and different like this

How would he even know about the pathogen though, you cant see viruses with your bare eyes

He's a pretty good sleuth. If this zombie is more resilient, faster, or acts different than anything he's ever seen before, it wouldn't be a big assumption. He's been following the zombie incident for a long time. Zombies ar while his life blood at this point. He'd know something's different and something's up.

I mean, I guess I'll side with the virus. While Frank can easily dispose of the zombie, I don't see a convincing enough argument for why he'd be able to destroy the virus, or win by simply not being affected. I haven't seen evidence that what Frank's infected with is comparable to the necroa virus.

I mean, I'm pretty sure the virus can be burned out of the air unless it's immune to fire. It's just that the air is ubiquitous. So you'd have to catch the virus at the inception, which Frank can't detect.

I still don't see what stops him from creating such a huge gap and shooting the zombie away, because at a certain distance the pathogens in the air shouldn't mean much.

Also the magic wand is still a thing he could use

Magic wand is a good point.

I mean, the pathogens will spread.

Though, thinking on it now, it seems like defeating the virus is practically impossible. It's a microscopic organism that can infect human lifeforms and spread itself along the air. It's just as impossible to kill as a real world virus unless I'm mistaken. So how does the virus actually lose? For any match?

Back