• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TA's 9-B Bracket | Semi Final 2

All I know is she's getting thrashed physically and the time it take for her to cast spells is probaly going to mean that she takes a lot of damage.

Look. I'm not gonna lie that's a huge **** up on my end hahaha

Still, change West with Batman and it works hahaha

I'm back.

I'm assuming that the battle takes place within a vicinity where they can see each other. If she can see him, and she sees a man in a suit with weapons, she's just going to bind him, and likely leave him there. In particular since he's a human.

Plus, with speed equalized, she's capable of reacting to him, and thought based actions are faster than physical actions. Which her bindings and forcefields are.

To more properly address the stealth, there's two things. One, she has X-Ray vision and would likely spot Batman if she looks around. Two, in a standard arena there's not actually anywhere to hide. It's basically just a giant circular platform with some seats on the outskirts.

Possibly. It took three 9-B's that can harm Assefa several minutes to break out of her force field. I doubt Batman can one shot her forcefield.

Issue is, SBA has her as willing to kill. So, if for whatever reason thought based bindings at the start don't work, she'll likely quickly resort to shoving flames down his throat since he'll be trying to kill her. Her flames have pretty decent AoE as well, so he'll find it hard to escape. And having massively hypersonic lightning to fire at him also helps.

He's resistant to extreme temperatures however, so...I mean unless you mean actually shoving flames down this throat which I guess could work, then I dunno.

Also any attack she does is going to do very little damage to him considering the AP gap

Yeah. I mean literally shoving them down his throat. It's durability negation, as listed on her page.

Though I don't see him getting past thought based binding/immobilization.

If she figures out pretty quickly that she can't hurt him (assuming bindings don't work for whatever reason), then she'll be forced to resort to her other things like BFR.

As for the AP gap...she can one shot creatures that can harm Assefa. She likely has a better scaling chain. I know calcs are valued over that. But it's a fact in verse that higher level witches world almost always defeat a werecat if they get a single spell off. And Sanura is significantly higher than any witch on the planet.

I dunno if that's good enough to stop Batman from one shotting but eeeh..

Is there actually anything Batman can do?

Could the actual AP values, or an approximation of that, be mentioned perhaps? 9-B is a rather... wide tier so having a better idea about the difference helps a lot.

Sanura is >>>>>157kJ

Though based bindings means he can't even move to one shot. And with speed equalized, she can dodge, move, and cast. Shoving flames with wide AoE down his throat as she moves is pretty likely to happen. Can't really dodge flames that are literally shoved down your throat. And BFR is also a potential thing. Though something she would be likely to do if her first few moves don't work.

But thought based bindings occur faster than anything Batman can do. And I doubt he has the means to escape them.

I'd have to ask you Lit, what are your thoughts on her limited Dura Neg by way of her forcefields and people touching her skin getting burnt and desintegrated (if I read that right and am remembering right)?

Also about potential use of Forcefields to stave off just being one shoted if Batman does manage to get in range or use any of his weapos somehow.

Weaknesses: Is prone to anger. Has little control over her fire spirit. Many of her spells require an incantation, or extensive preparation work to be used. Though, unlike many other witches, Sanura's incantations can be spoken in her head, as opposed to aloud. The lack of a complete mate bond means she cannot use her full strength

So she has to say the incantation, just in her head? That's probably not quicker than Batman throwing a few batarangs.

@Lsir

Wrong key, lol.

@Gyro

Thinking an incantation isn't different from thinking, "Let me do this." And she's managed to cast spells on Assefa despite him being faster than her. It's still thought based incap. Thinking is still faster than reaching for a weapon, and using it. Plus, binding spells have a particularly short incantation. She thinks and it happens.

And it's not like batarangs can't be blocked, dodged, or knocked out of the way with wind. She likely has the range advantage.

That was the wrong one? Only saw one divide in her abilities, though I was indeed worried maybe I was reading it wrong since it hadn't been mentioned by you.

Lol.

Also, just to note. The books don't really go into too much detail with what exactly they say, unless it's a witch that isn't Sanura, or it's something they prepped for. Or something like, "Flames come to me, attack my enemies." Something pretty short, and easily thought. I don't think her binding spells or forcefields are even given an incantation.

Thinking an incantation isn't different from thinking, "Let me do this.".

It is. Try saying an incantation in your head and then try throwing something. You'll throw something faster than finishing the incantation. Just because something is thought based doesn't mean it's as quick as an action.

Batarangs was just an example, although I don't see how she's blocking them if she apparently gets one-shot.

I mean, in the book, she does it plenty in timeframes that a human can't. It's not exactly comparable. Even when against enemies that are a bit faster than Sanura herself.

Additionally, it's not as though she cannot dodge as she casts, or move. As she frequently does. And she has casted plenty of times while preternaturals were swinging at her. It's a non issue. She's also trained in the art of incantation. So her thinking it is significantly faster than any of us in a combat scenario.

The batarangs also have travel time. Which her bindings don't.

Considering she still managed to do this against someone faster than her, Batman having to reach for any article of his and the article having a travel time to reach her, plus her being able to still do the incantation at the same time as she dodges, it still seems like she ends up binding him before he can do much.

Her thinking faster than a human =/= her saying an entire incantation in her head before Batman, a skilled fighter, throws something.

Also, again, batarangs is just an example. Although them having travel time is irrelevant since binding Batman doesn't stop the batarangs from moving.

What do these bindings even entail? Do they just appear around Batman? Can you break out of them with enough AP and/or lifting strength? Does she always lead with them in-character?

She leads with Bindings when ever she sees people with weapons or is physically strong a.k.a. Batman. They are thought based and just bind him al let instantaneously IIRC

Sorry about late replies guys, I'm still fuming about JB vs TMQ and the sheer hypocrisy this site has with TMQ matches

what does this character find weird? I mean if she sees batman she could tell "he is tough" by looking at him but likely not as tough as her (in her head that is) and the weapons are concealed. She could just think he is a man who is looney in the head

as for dodging anything, the weapons have been shown to move much faster than any character and hit characters like hush and ra's before they can react

Well since this is in an open arena and since IC she leads with thought based incap I don't really see how Batman can take it. They're clearly in sight of each other so the second he pulls out something harmful she incaps him

also batman is smart, like really smart

he will likely try to talk to her if he knows they are about to fight and may just use the batmobile against her. While she is a good pyschologist, batman should be better than her and could try and have her calm down or scare her with his words (i believe he has done stuff like this before) while he just shoots her with the batmobile or a good batarang, which as i said above, she can't really react to

Chewbacca it's a 9-B bracket. He doesn't get higher stuff hahaha

She incaps before he even throws anything and if he does, she forcedields

TheArsenal1212 said:
Well since this is in an open arena and since IC she leads with thought based incap I don't really see how Batman can take it. They're clearly in sight of each other so the second he pulls out something harmful she incaps him
how does the incap work?

also my main issue is that i don't think she can incap before he hits her since she will react about when he starts and if he can throw the batarang or something then it will easily hit her before and he could go for a finishing blow if that doesn't take her out

or he could do what i said above

It works by Batman being binded unable to move or do anything really. Also, thought based incap beats throwing something. Plus it's an open arena, she's gonna be looking at him the whole time

TheArsenal1212 said:
Chewbacca it's a 9-B bracket. He doesn't get higher stuff hahaha
She incaps before he even throws anything and if he does, she forcedields
my bad, sorry. I haven't really done this before

but i did say above how she can't really dodge anything since those things are really fast or he could replace the batmobile with any other weapon

GyroNutz said:
Her thinking faster than a human =/= her saying an entire incantation in her head before Batman, a skilled fighter, throws something.
What do these bindings even entail? Do they just appear around Batman? Can you break out of them with enough AP and/or lifting strength? Does she always lead with them in-character?
Arsenal, if you know Sanura, mind answering these?

Back