• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TA's 9-B Bracket | Semi Final 2

I'm somewhat knowledgeable and have done research on the character. Litentric really knows her best.

@Chewbacca no man it's ok :)

Ok

She leads with them in character

It's thought based and almost instantaneous. Even if the batarang somehow came first, forcefields are almost as quick anyway which none of Batman's Projectiles can really overcome

AP and lifting strength I'm not 100% sure about. That's probbaly better suited for Teon but I believe since Sanura can be one shot from most stuff in the verse, especially tier 8s, you need more than AP and LS to escape them.

Plus Batman doesn't even know about her. If he leads with talking, Sanura based of his appearance alone would go for incap and Batman wouldn't even know it.

No it does, she just does it absurdly quickly.

Plus she can move while doing it and doesn't need to be stationary to recite it.

thanks arsenal

how quickly does she do it exactly? is there a specific time or time frame she does it in?

also don't you think that he would be crazy or something? she is a psychologist after all and may try to help him or pity him and batman (based on his showings could play nice)

also if he does go for stealth, x ray could work. if she could catch him, there have been multiple times batman has to run in plane sight from trained enemies like the arkham night and deadshot. So if he just stays out of her line of vision, which he is highly able to do, and would most likely do in such an open area then he could sneak up on her and take her down

i am actually inclined to go inconclusive but i am determined to find a winner

''thought based incap which is the first thing she does in character sounds a little unfair for this tourney imo''

I'm gonna be off and on. Apologies. Hopefully the following will answer everyone's questions.

Does she always lead with bindings.

No. She typically leads with one of three things. Forcefields. Binding. Or flames. Flames are typically led with against preternaturals. Bindings are normally led with against humans, were-cats, and other humanoids. Forcefields can vary.

Guns are significantly faster than Sanura. Hence, her only chance against them is a binding spell, which requires zero physical movement. Jer bindings come in two types. Both are invisible. The first type is something like a rope restricting the torso and associates appendages, like arms and hands. Only she can make the bindings any material she wants. Like barbed wire. The second, is one that completely immobilized the body. Best example is when Assefa tried to kiss her with his speed, as she was doing a verbal incantation, and he found himself unable to move despite being inches apart. Though Sanura is more likely to use the first one.

Thing about Sanura, is that most of her hax is either used on full humans, or outside of combat. And that she latently doesn't want to kill people. So bindings are more likely than flames here, since Batman has the appearance of a human. At least until he starts chucking things that deal significant damage to her forcefields. If it gets to thar point. But approaching someone with common sense like Sanura, as a human, with some kind of weapon that can likely kill her faster than she can react, is practically begging for binding. Since she hates using mind manipulation.

Assefa can't break her bindings. Though, since she opts for flames against preternaturals, I can't say how strong it is. But no one in verse can break them.

Her flames incinerate those who can harm Assefa. And she can control them to shove them down the throats of those she has judged for death. SBA makes that more likely. Since she's usually unwilling to kill. But someone trying to kill her will force her hand. Once again, if it comes to that. Since her wind lets her knock any projectile out of its path.

Despite her having to say an incantation in her head, she does it with such swiftness that she consistently reacts to various preternaturals, who should be faster than her as they're comparable to Assefa and his clan. Witches are notable inferior in physical stats to were cats by lore and feats. So Sanura being able to quickly use her magic is a must. Otherwise she would've died multiple times over.

As a last note, I'm unsure how you stay out of one's line of sight on a completely flat surface.

this is very good thank you, but what will she do once she binds? she has to do something to knock him out

as per sba, this is in central park so it is in character for batman to use smoke to try and escape and attack without their knowing by sneaking on them or glide kicking them

looking at his fight with deadshot and arkham night, he is able to stay out of line of vision (specifically arkham night, he used obstacles to hide from deadshot) even when there is very little obstacles to block this

honestly this could go a few ways

1. he does what i just outlined and glide kicks her or sneaks up on her and down right obliterates her

2. she binds him and.... does something after

3. she puts up forcefields if she has a bad feeling and batarangs deal significatn damage to forcefields so she murders him

4. he throws a batarang, she tries to bind him, batarang hits her and takes her down

does the forcefield act as a shield? as in is the top exposed?

Chewy the OP says this takes place in a standard arena. Not Central Park.

Just wanted to say that

still think the thought based stuff is a little unfair

I mean, she could bfr him outside the arena. Her forcefield can act as a magic circle for her to do such.

The OP can change the location. So it's in a flat arena in this particular battle.

And, to be fair, she does have X ray vision. And she could also just put on a forcefield if he manages to sneak away. Or put one up around him so he can't.

1. Lol. I love doing that on the games. Though while he's sneaking she can always put up a forcefield.

2. Seems mostly likely here.

3. Less likely, but still possible.

4. I mean, she can move at she casts.

The forcefield is like a dome. So this top is covered.

@Jacky

Maybe. I want thinking that she was going to fight so many humans since most times in verse, she fights preternaturals. If folk feel she should be disqualified then I am not opposed.

Okay so guys also big question here bois.

So I realized Dead Rising needs a revision. Like...sorta badly.

I'm slowly but surely making a CRT for it, but does that mean that the last battle with West should be put on hold at the moment?

1. it depends if she is very defensive (in other words, is she a pansy half the time owo) and just uses the forcefield at all times when she feels mildy threatened, since she likely won't take bruce to seriously since he is only human (but isn't it fun in the games to do this?)

2. i still want to know how she will incap after she binds him

3. yeah, this is unlikely

4. i don't think she can forcefield or even react before it hits her, i mean she can bind after he throws since he will likely throw the first hit but there is little way that she can even react considering how characters who are more skilled than her in dodging couldn't dodge these (albiet both times they had a hostage but still)

Litentric Teon said:
@Jacky
Maybe. I want thinking that she was going to fight so many humans since most times in verse, she fights preternaturals. If folk feel she should be disqualified then I am not opposed.
i don't think she will be disqualified since i don't think this is a stomp (or else i wouldn't be arguing against her)

Her binding him is incap Chewbacca

Once that happens, he's literally screwed. Then she can just blast him with magic, blasts flames into him directly etc. It all depends for Batman if he can throw one protective that she won't dodge because she's reciting her thought based spell. The problem is that she can easily move while reciting it, and she wouldn't just stand there while he's moving. She then notices he's trying stuff and either incaps him then and there, or puts up a forcefield, then incaps

Batman can win, but she'd have to be pretty OOC to do so

TheArsenal1212 said:
Her binding him is incap Chewbacca
Once that happens, he's literally screwed. Then she can just blast him with magic, blasts flames into him directly etc. It all depends for Batman if he can throw one protective that she won't dodge because she's reciting her thought based spell. The problem is that she can easily move while reciting it, and she wouldn't just stand there while he's moving. She then notices he's trying stuff and either incaps him then and there, or puts up a forcefield, then incaps

Batman can win, but she'd have to be pretty OOC to do so
i thought it was ooc for her to kill

my central argument is that she can't dodge or put up a forcefield before she is hit

if she binds him, she will already be hit and that could possibly take her down and if not then he can attack her. If she feels that he is dangerous and puts up a forcefield or something before, then situation 2 comes into play where he does a bit of sneaking around and glide kicks her or takes her from behind

and the reason i use stealth as an argument is because like i said above, he has been able to escape the line of vision of assailants much more trained than her essentially in plane sight with very few obstacles to block him

or he could use smoke and sneak behind her in in her confusion or do that thing where he pulls you with the grapple and takes you out with a punch

i definitely see why you think she would win, but i don't think bruce would go down right away and i just see more ways for him to win with his gadgets

also, coud she muse multiple abilities at a time, and do her abilities have a time limit?

It is ooc for her to kill. But SBA makes it more likely that she will is all. At least against human opponents. But this adds to why binding is more likely. And that if it doesn't work, why flames become more likely to use.

Is that bararang really that fast though? Is it noted on the profile?

Sanura is actually pretty aggressive. But she's also not a fool. If she sees a guy in a suit just up and vanish, she's not gonna just stand there. Smoke screens can be blown away by wind. Or she can put up a forcefield around the entire thing. Once again, assuming Batman can do something other than reach for a tool before being bound.

And she can use multiple abilities at once. Though it's normally a forcefield plus some other attack magic.

I still don't see how Batman's stealth helps here. Speed is equalized. They're in a flat arena. And there's no gargoyle statues to hide on. There's nowhere to actually escape from sight.

Bindings are rather quick for what they are. When Batman reaches for a weapon, he's likely to already be bound.

Stealth does nothing here. It's an open arena, and smoke seems like something a witch would neither be surprised about nor unable to overcome. Batman knows absolutely nothing about his opponent here and what she can do,meaning TB incap screws him over. They both start in a normal fight facing each other, in which Sanura does the spell pretty much instantly. Regardless what's he's doing he gets incapd. It's not like he's gonna hide and surprise her with Batarang's as an opening move and by the time he takes too hide he's hit by the spell. If he starts by just throwing them she will literally just move out of the way. She doesn't stand still waiting to be hit, especially in an open arena. Plus, even though it requires a spell in her head, it's still pretty much near instantaneous. She won't stand thee at the start just thinking spells, she's immediately on the move and doing it in an open area. Batman gets incaped before he does anything here

then i suppose it should also work for bruce. Am i wrong?

well i am using feats from the games so they should be reliable

if she attempts to blow them away then he could grapple her then hit her or sneak away likely behind her (Play arkham night, he leaves the batmobile and is on a rooftop in like 2-3 seconds or the time he is just hiding from arkham night right after being in plane sight, it is crazy). I actually don't have an answer if she uses forcefield to trap him but then it is a matter of will she do it

if she uses wind then he can sneak behind her while she is distracted

most likely not as quick as quick fire batarang since while binding are quick for what they are, they are still likely slower than the speed he throws them at

Jackythejack said:
Okay so guys also big question here bois.
So I realized Dead Rising needs a revision. Like...sorta badly.

I'm slowly but surely making a CRT for it, but does that mean that the last battle with West should be put on hold at the moment?

I've also played 2 of the 4(3?) Arkham. I'm aware of Batman's abilities. Being in an open space is one of the worst things for him. As he pretty consistently fights H2H in open spaces against hordes of enemies.

There's nowhere for him to grapple with his hook. And she has no gun. Plus, unlike Batman, Sanura likely doesn't appear all that imposing. And like Sanura, Batman doesn't kill. Is he really gonna start with a batarang to the head instead of trying to physically subdue her? Doubtful.

I thought it was 2-2?

I'm definitely voting for Sanura. Neither kill in character. And thought based bindings stop Batman from doing anything.

I also doubt he'd instantly start pulling out all the stops against a random African American woman. Even if he knows they must fight, he has no real reason to assume anything particularly abnormal about her.

Back