• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tanjirou Profile Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is basically an updated version of how Tanjiro's profile will look.

The reasoning for the changes is that Tanjiro sliced the boulder with breathes not without it. Almost all feats in the series were performed by characters while using breaths so the higher with breaths thing should be removed from the profiles. Also he was missing two Post-Training keys. And See-Through-World only dramatically increases speed not AP so I'm removing that from the AP section as well.

Can you specify what you have changed compared to the current profile, and why?

Basically removing higher with Breaths from his profile since the demon slayers are always using breaths when attacking like Hamon in Jojo. Also adding two more keys and cleaning up the profiles as some of the feats in his current two keys are supposed to be in the Post-Rehabilitation Training and Post-Zeroshiki Training key which haven't been added yet.

Why Tanjiro is Building level while the calc says Small Building? There is no reason to jump the Tier like that.

Well his current profile says he's 8-C because he could fight Daki who can slice buildings. I'm only updating the profile so it doesn't look messy.

What about this feat? Gyutaro basically destroyed a whole bunch of buildings in the Red Light District with a last ditch attack.

https://********.org/chapter/10729/19

So I'm guessing none of these feats are anywhere near tier 8 right? Are they at least higher into 9-A though?

Rengoku shakes a train cabin by running

Rengoku burns the ground with his attack?

Hantengu Avatar air blast

More Hantangu avatar air blast

Hantengu fused avatar wood manipulation

More Hantengu fused avatar wood manipulation

Hantengu fused avatar lightning strikes

Not sure M3X hasn't been on for a whole day now. So we probably won't be getting the wood calc anytime soon.

Just realized that M3X posted a message on his message wall saying he's busy this month. So I guess we'll just have to post the wood manipulation feats on the calculation thread and wait now. Unless you guys know some people who can calc wood manipulation.

Anyone know if this could yield good results?

akaza punches through multiple walls

Akaza kicks Giyuu through several small buildings

the feats seem good but the perspective isn't helping much.

The walls were made of wood so I doubt it's anything impressive. The only feat that seem impressive right now are Zou Hakuten's wood manipulation and maybe Gyutaro destroying all the surrounding buildings in the Red Light District but sadly we didn't see the aftermath of his last ditch attack so we don't really know if the damage he caused is enough to be considered tier 8.

Also speaking of Tanjiro does See-Through-World really increase his AP or does it only increase his speed? Cause I'm pretty sure it only increases his reaction speed and the power boost that allowed him to effortlessly slice off Akaza's head probably came from his Demon Slayer Mark which he activated along with the See-Through-World.

Couldn't that just be due to him knowing how to use Dance of the Fire God? Cause from the description and what was shown See-Through-World only seems to increase the speed of the user to the point where they could blitz people who are normally faster than they are.

He didn't seem stronger to me. Gyomei, Sanemi and Muichiro were all capable of injuring Kokushibo and the only reason they weren't able to at first was because he kept countering their attacks by predicting them with See-Through-World. Gyomei even said that Kokushibo was predicting everything way too fast and question what he was seeing. So it does sound like STW only increases their speed to ridiculous degrees.

Well the second to last panel on this page seems to imply that he could use the breaths.

https://********.org/chapter/570828/4

This page also had Tanjiro stating his speed increased dramatically but he didn't say anything about his strength.

https://********.org/chapter/575616/2

So is everybody fine with the changes? We can worry about the AP in another thread so for now I'll just leave all his keys at 9-A.

I mean M3X basically said the 8-C is not legit. So we might as well update the profile so we can still use him in matches rather than waiting for who knows how long before the wood manipulation calc is made.

We should still remove Fire Manipulation from his profile. It's just as metaphorical as the water that appears when he executes his Water Breathing technique.

We should give him Sensation Manipulation for making his opponents feel like they're burning when they're not.

Done. Anything else? I'll probably just wait a bit longer for more input before updating the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back