• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tales of a Tier 2 Nasuverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend recently sent this image to me, and I think that it's pretty interesting.

https://imgur.com/a/INmUP

Tamamo in her second interlude in Grand Order states that as she gains tails, she would become a monster capable of destroying the entire multiverse. She further clarifies afterwards that this is not an exaggeration at all. Here's a link to the interlude in its totality: https://youtu.be/E3OZU2STX5Y

As far as I can tell, Tamamo is of course referring to her origin of Amaterasu. That makes the most sense regarding the other information we know about her as well.

Could this be a potential upgrade to Tier 2-C or 2-B for the god tiers? I'd appreciate input from fellow members and staff on how to interpret this.

This is... frighteningly straightforward.

The problem is that this seems extremely outlierish, given that Divine Spirits like Amaterasu were scared of Velber.

• desperately wishes for Tier 2*
It does seem very outlierish though.

What power statements does Velber have?

Well from what I heard on another thread from Kami, I think, Amaterasu wasn't among the gods that were dominated by the White Titan.

However, Tamamo does state in Extella that she thinks that Amaterasu would be capable of dealing with Velber. However, she doesn't want to ask for help because she doesn't get along with her origin.

Fair enough.

But it still doesn't change the fact that the Velber only enter the Milky Way every 14,000 years rather than being multiverse busters.

@Matt

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the avatar of Amaterasu would know the power of the actual Amaterasu.

It doesn't change the fact that it's an outlier, but calling her misinformed is misleading.

She's being extremely serious here though and she doesn't bring up the topic of her tails lightly.

A theme of the interlude is that she's quite concerned about the power that she would attain. I think she's serious, but if this is deemed an outlier then that's pretty much it.

Favorite servant makes a Tier 2 statement, now that's kinda funny.

But of course yeah, as pretty much mentioned by everyone it is an outlier.

That said I do have a small question about a possible upgrade for three tails tamamo if it's okay to bring it up here.

I disagree, that's just NA translations.

Here is the Chaldeum version

Tamamo: Yes. If I become stronger, my tails increase. That said, how should I put it… After I've gained more tails, I'll become someone far removed from the person I am now… Yes, to put it bluntly, I'd be a great monster that's said to destroy three thousand worlds or somesuch.

Roman: Seriously?

Tamamo-no-Mae: Yes, it's no metaphor. It would approach one of the Three Great Calamities, a monster of apocalyptic proportions.

I think this is more accurate as the three thousand worlds is a reference to Buddhism which matches with the whole Shingo Buddhism that Nasu is going for. Also I have never seen a discussion that talks about Tamamo and a multiverse so it's more than likely just a NA translation thing.

Wait, so you disagree with the OP or you disagree with the people disagreeing with the OP?

Because destroying 3000 worlds, even if we take that to only mean planets, would still be... probably only Large Planet level

NEVER MIND ME I JUST CAN'T CALC

I share the same opinion with @Reppuzan here, I am not Nasuverse expert but it seems he's talking seriously about her power here

It still look like Outlier though

@Monarch It's a term in Buddhism and as Tamamo is super important in Shingon Buddhism so it would make sense that they reference it. Shingon Buddhism also seems to be what Nasu is going for with the Buddha's as seen in Extra mats, Tamamo's route I think and Kiara's sect.

Even if we take into the question 3,000 "worlds". Are we sure "It is 3000 worlds"?

In Buddhism, the Three Thousand Worlds refer to multiplying four numbers.

• 10 Worlds
  • Another 10 worlds
  • 10 Factors of life
  • 3 Realms of existence
The three realms referes to the body,mind and yadada stuffu. So technically, it's only 100 hundred worlds

I mean to be fair.

Anything above 45 up to 896.350 planets like Earth is 5-A.

100 or 3000 planets both support 5-A but are lower than the calced feat

Eh not really an outlier. As the entire thing just boils down to calling her a World Destroying Evil Demon with Nine Tails that is comparable to "Solomon" not that she is some multiverse buster.

I'm really, really not seeing the outlier when Amaterasu is a god-tier of the verse that only like, one character is comparable to.

The Everlasting said:
I'm really, really not seeing the outlier when Amaterasu is a god-tier of the verse that only like, one character is comparable to.
Making Amaterasu randomly Multiversal when all God-Tier feats in the series are barely 5-A outside of literally one or two, one of which is from Amaterasu herself, is absurd.

It's the definition of an Outlier.

Making 5-A / 4-B characters ramdomly become 2-B based on a single statement with no proof behind it aside from her own word is something that won't be done.

It's not "randomly" when she has an absurdly cut and dry statementthst she explicitly says is not an exaggeration.

Also 5-A feats are just as consistent as this. I.E. there being only one.

The Everlasting said:
It's not "randomly" when she has an absurdly cut and dry statementthst she explicitly says is not an exaggeration.
Also 5-A feats are just as consistent as this. I.E. there being only one.
Her statement has no proof behind it. It's meaningless and unproven. Also it would scale to literally dozens of characters who are only 5-A / 4-B via scaling too.

The statement is a bad translation and is out of context. This is just like 90% of all Nasuverse upgrade attempts, someone takes something out of context and it becomes wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back